What would you like to see on Royal Caribbean's new ship(s)?

Dan Askin

I guess I am one to be included with the formal night issue.

Seen too many slobs coming in with shorts and t-shirts.

Also I would like to see a dedicated cigar bar, private setting, that would

include an actual bar, instead of only having a few selected offerings and for anything else the bartender has to go and get it.

Decent chairs and tables, not like what's in the back of the Viking Crown Lounge.

Yes the chairs are okay, but my local cigar shop has overstuffed leather chairs for me to relax in.

and I do not remember where my opinion was ever here LOL

I would like to see most every thing listed above. noitice most every thing.

I would like to see more adult, physical, activities for people our age. The Basket ball courts are great, but more for those under 60, and the miniature golf is, well, no comment, but they might be able to altered slightly alter the BB court to accommodate a paddle sport called Pickleball, kinda like a tennis, racquetball, pingpong combination. It is played in all the retirement communities around us, heck even the young kids like it.

Wait, some how I remember posting this LOL

#1 LARGER POOLS I just don't understand why they can't make the pools larger? Plenty of room on the Oasis and Freedom size ships for this. #2 A few more elevators. #3 Water Slide - yeah!. #4 MTD ALL THE TIME Have the MDR open for 4 hours and go eat when you want to. #5 More Beer options PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#1 LARGER POOLS I just don't understand why they can't make the pools larger? Plenty of room on the Oasis and Freedom size ships for this. #2 A few more elevators. #3 Water Slide - yeah!. #4 MTD ALL THE TIME Have the MDR open for 4 hours and go eat when you want to. #5 More Beer options PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Free Surface Effect is a real limit on what can be done with pool size. While pools could probably be a lot larger without a risk of the ship capsizing the ship designers have to not just make the ship safe but also make it comfortable. We want to enjoy our 5* meals and the song and dance shows in bad weather and a larger pool sloshing around would affect that.

Also pools are limited in depth as they tend to be on the upper decks and the designers would prefer not to have the center of gravity be too high.

What they could do is to have some deeper pools inside the ship for diving.

As for MDR opening times and beer menus, those sound like good ideas but they aren't ship design ideas.

This is already on the Oasis, is it not?

It is, but I'd sure love one that is on top and more accessible to fresh air and sunshine. This is one thing I've like when I look at many Carnival ships, the abilty to run without tripping over deck chairs.

The Free Surface Effect is a real limit on what can be done with pool size. While pools could probably be a lot larger without a risk of the ship capsizing the ship designers have to not just make the ship safe but also make it comfortable. We want to enjoy our 5* meals and the song and dance shows in bad weather and a larger pool sloshing around would affect that.

Ok so a 225,282 GT ship can't have a pool that is the size of the one in my back yard? Ok sure give me a break!

Also pools are limited in depth as they tend to be on the upper decks and the designers would prefer not to have the center of gravity be too high.

What they could do is to have some deeper pools inside the ship for diving.

As for MDR opening times and beer menus, those sound like good ideas but they aren't ship design ideas.

Your right but they are great options that would cost RC nothing. I would love to do MTD but refuse to pay up front tips. Especially when I plan on dining 3 night at other places.:mad:

I would love to see something like the cafe promenade but a patisserie , nothing but lovely fancy cream cakes , yum yum .

I would also like a small tennis court

An outside grill area for burgers and hot dogs etc cooked to order .

A seafood bar ( obviously that would require a supplement )

Ok so a 225,282 GT ship can't have a pool that is the size of the one in my back yard? Ok sure give me a break!

According to Wikipedia the Displacement of the Oasis of the Seas is about 100,000T. The displacement is the mass of the ship (how much water it displaces) while the GT rating is for taxes etc and is based on inside volume.

According to the press kit the Oasis of the seas has 2300tons of water in the pools and hot tubs. It's got to be some kind of engineering challenge to design a ship that has more than 2% of it's displacement comprised of water sloshing around on decks that aren't in the lowest levels while still being steady enough to be luxurious.

Also sloshing isn't going to just affect the ship's performance. The ship staff don't let people in the pool when the waves get too big. A larger pool will be more susceptible to this problem which is annoying for those of us who like swimming in bad weather!

I would love to see those type of Game Shows that are starting to come out on Norwegian Cruises and Carnival cruises, they could do Deal or No Deal and the Price is right, with prizes being from Spa Vouchers up to free cruises

Also i would love like a donut ride simulator, similar to what the flow rider is, where the water rushes onto you as you toss and turn on one of these

caribbean-38.jpg

Just tie one of these to the back of the ship, and voila! :D Just make sure you hang on REAL TIGHT! :eek:

1. Cabins for solo cruisers; and not a closet-sized after-thought.

2. Self-service laundries for those persons who are too good to do laundry during a cruise. Also, how about a couple of iuroning rooms?

3. Multiple outlets in the cabins.

4. How about some of those vertical bathtubs in lieu of those terrible shower stalls?

5. BETTER fridges in the cabins; the present ones don't keep anything cold.

6. AFT elevators

So many Ideas...I'm sure I'll repeat several mentioned here...

My top picks...Radiance class only larger!!! Most definitely...she also has an outdoor eating location [or at least she did when we were on her].

Love Solarium that is free of obstructions but like the idea of retractable ceiling on 'cooler' days or if it's raining...[also would be awsome for Alaskan cruises.] Truly adult only areas...kept truly adult only.

Areas in the MDR that are "adult only"...this from a mom of three who has raised her kids to be respectful and behaved at the table, I HATE eating in a 'nice' place and having kids running around my table, knocking into my chair etc...and parents who don't seem to notice or care...[pet peeve of mine]

I would love to see the back end more like the Freedom...loved my AFT cabin last fall...

SMOKE FREE!!!! :o

CHEAPER SPA prices...lol...:cool:

Loved the idea of the water slide that can be for all ages...water coaster anyone?

LOVE love LOVE the idea of the lazy river...I'd never get out...they'd probably have to have time limts..forget chair hogs...I'd be a 'tube hog'...lol...:eek:

Good in room Storage, no beds right up next to closet doors like on Allure/Oasis...[going in October and that's the only thing I worry about in our room as we've learned the bed is right next to closet doors...]

I got some more ideas...

Two flowriders on the back, one in the front area of the ship that is indoors with a retractable glass roof so you can ride during a lighting storm.

Slides like the ones found on carnival ships and a water coaster more thrilling than the one on the Disney dream class.

Outdoor grill area like on carnival ships

Expanded windjammer cafe to handle more people :)

Horizontal elevator/tram thing similar to the one found at the Orlando airport that goes from aft to forward to save time and energy walking around the ship. Or maybe just a moving sidewalk that would be near the middle of the ship that goes from one end to the other.

elevators in the middle, back and front of the ship along with a few elevators that only service the upper decks. (so small wait for an elevator)

On board intranet system for paperless cruise compass, dinning reservations, spa treatments, flowrider lessons, etc. to go with having iPads in every stateroom.

Bring back the bridge overlook, that was my favorite thing on the Mariner!

Horizontal elevator/tram thing similar to the one found at the Orlando airport that goes from aft to forward to save time and energy walking around the ship. Or maybe just a moving sidewalk that would be near the middle of the ship that goes from one end to the other.

How about this:

starting at about 40 seconds :cool::D

1. Myself :D

2. A play area for kids, with a swing, etc...

3. Solarium with retractable roof

4. Outdoor eating area, with daily BBQ type foods available, grilled on demand

5. Faster and cheaper internet (in my dreams ;))

6. Like on Disney Dream, interactive windows in interior cabin, only you get visits from Shrek, etc

7. A shower/tub combination in every stateroom

Cindy

The word is quickly spreading that Royal Caribbean has signed a letter of intent to build its next generation of new cruise ships. (At 158,000 tons and carrying 4,100 passengers, they're more Freedom-sized than Oasis-sized.) We're curious: What would you like to see RCI include on these new ships in terms of dining, public spaces, activities, etc.?

balcony and inside staterooms for singles.

suite with two separate bedroom & bath for family member not necessary as big in size

Archived