What would you like to see on Royal Caribbean's new ship(s)?

Dan Askin

- waterslides

- a 4 lane running track the circumference of the ship; with not one deck chair in sight

- more treadmills facing windows of ocean (Freedom Class); not portholes (Oasis Class)

- larger balconies with lounge chairs

AND most important,

- at least 2 flowriders

Pullman beds or sofabeds in EVERY room (except for true suites). I know they can't use all of them (or even most of them) on any one cruise, and I'm not suggesting that there would be more passengers then normal on any cruise, but why not provide the flexibility for families to be able to have more room choices?

• 2 weeks later...

Glass and more glass - for ocean views. You are on the sea after all.

NO self service laundry

More outdoor dining opportunity.

More electrical plugs.

More elevators - the suggestion for handicapped elevators is a good one. More and more mobility challenged folks are enjoying cruising - just at a slower pace.

Most have been said, but my 2 cents:

Ship:

I love RCI ships, so keep up the wonderful decor and art programs. I would love to see art tours.

Add as many floor to ceiling windows as possible- love the airy feeling of Radiance-class ships!

Keep the friendly professional staff- best service we have ever had on vacation!

Add more choices of ports in the Caribbean and exciting itineararies, especially for the longer and repositioning cruises.

Activities:

Keep the flowriders, mini-golf

Add a waterslide and/or a lazy river

Change the skating rink to a bowling alley

Entertainment:

Add smaller venues, like the comedy clubs

Pools:

Add a swim-up bar (love the idea of this in the Solarium)

Add a pool grill, separate from the WJ

I would love an aft pool

Indoor movie theatre with popcorn (please don't ruin the pool area during the day with this, though I would be fine with this at night)

Spa:

Include a free sauna in the change rooms

Put a thalassotherapy pool in the spa

Add spa rooms like Celebrity's AquaClass with access to a thermal suite with a view

Bars/Restaurants:

Love the idea of a fondue restaurant like Melting Pot

Upgrade the pub to a brew pub with craft beers and pub grub

Introduce a fleet-wide beverage package like Celebrity

Aft bar like on Celebrity's Millenium

Keep the WJ open later

Proper sit-down afternoon tea

Bring back bar servers in the MD

Free ice cream all-day in the WJ like Celebrity's

Deli area for made-to-order sandwhiches and panini

Cabins:

Larger tables on the balconies in order to eat outside

No shower curtains

Modern decor like on the Oasis-class

Can't wait to see what they come up with for the Sunshine-class!

I would like to see RCI Introduce a smaller "Upscale", yes, more expensive ship where one can expect excellent service, every dinner as though you were in a specialty restaurant, etc, etc.

I feel RCI's goal is to fill ships to their capacity, hurting food quality and service at the sake of lowering prices.

They don't need to do this fleet wide, just a few ships.

Isn't that Azamara?

I posted this on a previous similar thread:

I'd love to see a dining venue that offered REAL Afternoon Tea. I'm not talking about cookies and teabags in paper cups in the Windjammer, I mean china teapots and teacups, scones and clotted cream, fancy pastries. They could do it in a restaurant like 150 Central Park that serves only dinner, like the Disney ships do in Palo. Though some bemoan the thought of more additional-fee dining, I'd pay a specialty dining fee for this. Maybe not $25, but I'd pay $10-15.

I'll second that!

A Laser Quest type activity to the Arcade. Have one fee added on for the Arcade, like 25.00 or so for the whole cruise that parents can pay for their kids for unlimited play.

Can you tell I am a Mom of a tween boy?

Oh yea, I am with more OV. They are sold out on my cruise, at least the size my family fits in. I think because of the price, they sell out quick and are a great option for families. More Family or larger OV rooms with the 2 windows

In addition to my first post on this thread several months ago suggesting a GPS device for stopping the propellers if it leaves the Caribbean, I think the new ship needs Blue Bell ice cream shop instead of Ben & Jerry's ice cream shop. Also, the new ship will need a Texas-based Whataburger. We want this new ship to be a Texan! :D

Archived