What would you like to see on Royal Caribbean's new ship(s)?

Dan Askin

The word is quickly spreading that Royal Caribbean has signed a letter of intent to build its next generation of new cruise ships. (At 158,000 tons and carrying 4,100 passengers, they're more Freedom-sized than Oasis-sized.) We're curious: What would you like to see RCI include on these new ships in terms of dining, public spaces, activities, etc.?

Royal-Caribbeans-Perfect-Cruise-Ship.jpg

Definitely do not want to ever see a Walmart on-board a ship. I saw where B-52 said that, but I think that was a joke.:eek:

The ferris-wheel & high-rises might not be a bad idea though. :)

Definitely self-serve laundries!!!

Lazy river sounds neat

More elevators and not in separate banks like on the Oasis

More inspiring menu for MDR & Windjammer

No sliding doors for closets

Bigger bathroom sink

Something similar to Central Park, perhaps Golden Gate Park? And a replica of the Golden Gate Bridge somewhere too?

I would like to see ~ More like Radiance Class ships, lots of windows ~ Outdoor eating areas like Radiance class ~ Larger tables on balcony for meals ~ Change the announcements so you can turn on and volume up or down in room with control next to the bed. I hate to have to run to the door to prop open to be able to hear the announcements ~ Movies outside under the stars ~ A self-serve laundry room ~ outdoor promenade deck ~ Single Cabins ~ Large Diamond Lounge facing the sea ~ Chops Grill ~ Portofinos ~ Park Cafe ~

A topless deck, larger showers, steam room.:d:d

Actually, it makes sense to have a topless or c/o deck. After all, you can sunbathe topless or nude in South Florida where you board the ship, and the same when you get to many of the islands. So why not on the ship too?

Self service Washers and dryers

Just how my wife or I want to spend our vacation time: doing laundry and confronting other guests who don't return to the laundry room to remove their wash in a timely fashion. :rolleyes: I have seen some of those confrontations and they are not pretty.;)

RCI's laundry prices are not unreasonable and with the free bag of laundry coupons that Diamond + members get, and the laundry specials that are offered to everyone on most cruises, we have more time to enjoy better things on our cruise.:)

I would love to see a 24 hour bar/diner like the Epic has- O'Sheenahans type of place. You know a place where you can get drinks (pay) and appetizers and desserts for FREE- with Nachos, wings, mozz sticks, brownie sundaes!! Some nights you just feel like hanging out and drinking with friends and having just a nut mix doesnt cut it!

Bring back more bunjee trampolines for the kids- heck, have one outside of the kid play area! They just love it!

Movie theatre with first run movies with free popcorn for those rainy days...

Comedy club that runs every night...

Ok that is my two cents- but honestly we LOVE RCCL and know that whatever they decide- we will be on it!

:) The Solarium for Adults Only is our FAVORITE thing, please keep that, we like the covered ones the best (: WIFI Connections would be great for longer cruises. We have loved everything on each ship, but found the WindJammer to get crowded and it is always the same regardless of what ship you are on. Maybe something could be done to freshen that up a bit. Also, the one and only Princess Cruise we were on had a free frosty machine. That was enjoyed by all of us! Whatever they debut, we will love it!

The Solarium for Adults Only is our FAVORITE thing, please keep that, we like the covered ones the best (: WIFI Connections would be great for longer cruises. We have loved everything on each ship, but found the WindJammer to get crowded and it is always the same regardless of what ship you are on. Maybe something could be done to freshen that up a bit. Also, the one and only Princess Cruise we were on had a free frosty machine. That was enjoyed by all of us! Whatever they debut, we will love it:)

Would love to see some tyrpe of lazy river on board - one of my favorite things!

Bigger tables for balconies - it's hard to enjoy a meal or even a snack on the tiny table,

Better chairs for balconies with pop up foot rests.

Skip a bowling alley - keep the mini golf.

Lots of windows to remind you that you are on the ocean.

Outdoor seating for meals.

Keep the solarium for sure - need adult only spots.

As much storage as possible in the cabins with more outlets.

A promanade deck for those late night walks.

• 2 weeks later...

I have quite a few ideas :)

I like the idea of the lazy river and the swim up bar. I'd also like to see a wave pool

If it has a boardwalk, how about bumper cars?

Solo rooms for travelers

Bookstore/newsstand with large selection

Cheesecake factory cheesecake....available every day :)

Full Pub fare at the Pub......shepherd's pie, bangers & mash, fish & chips, etc.

More craft beers

More craft classes: painting, pottery, stamping

Chinese restaurant: something similar to P.F. Chang's or something. Something that serves more than sushi or a hot rock.

Add sodas and all juices and stop the soda purchasing card, and allow children that are 18 years and over allowed to get a room other than across or next door of adult/parent. At least have a restriction if you want to allow them on same deck only but they can drive, they can purchase tobacco, they can gamble and they can die for our country....raise this stupid rule please.

Archived