What would you like to see on Royal Caribbean's new ship(s)?

Dan Askin

Great thread, fun ideas! I hope RCI is reading!!!

My humble 2 cents...

Indoor/outdoor WJ dining

Lazy River

Water slide (not just for kids!)

Wave pool???

Self service laundry facilities would be GREAT! (Do ANY cruise lines have this?)

More (and more accessible) electric outlets in the cabin

More affordable wi-fi (free would be great, and isn't unreasonable!)

I agree with ix-naying the boxing ring and the barber shops. (Really?! Does anyone ever use these?!)

Great thread, fun ideas! I hope RCI is reading!!!

Self service laundry facilities would be GREAT! (Do ANY cruise lines have this?)

I agree with ix-naying the boxing ring and the barber shops. (Really?! Does anyone ever use these?!)

I hope they're reading this too. Can you imagine how awesome a ship would be that incorporated some of these ideas?

I too have wondered about the boxing ring and the barber shop. Maybe someone here who has used them can chime in.

As for the laundry, it's my understanding that several other cruise lines, including Carnival, do have laundry rooms for passenger use. If you're interested in reading some pro and con opinions about this, check out this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1355981&highlight=

Would love to see RCI lower the age of the Adventure Ocean program to 2 years old. Carnival allows 2 year olds in their kids program and they will even change diapers. When deciding on a cruise line with a 5 year old and a 2 year old, Carnival looks a little more appealing. I love RCI otherwise and it is absolutely my favorite!

I'd like to see an area on all new ships like the "Chill-Out Room" on the Norwegian Gem. Adults only, men's and women's saunas and jacuzzis, but a large common area with hydrotherapy pools, hot tubs, and heated lounges. An unobstructed view of the ocean over the bow of the ship tops it off.

We sailed in 2009 on the Gem around the Med and were offered a weeklong pass to the Chill-Out Room; it was worth EVERY SINGLE PENNY we paid.

Would love to see RCI lower the age of the Adventure Ocean program to 2 years old. Carnival allows 2 year olds in their kids program and they will even change diapers. When deciding on a cruise line with a 5 year old and a 2 year old, Carnival looks a little more appealing. I love RCI otherwise and it is absolutely my favorite!

Check out the new Royal Babies and Tots Nursery program being expanded to more ships in the fleet and you may find your suggestion has already been implemented.:)

A far as self-service laundries are concerned neither I nor my wife want to waste precious vacation time doing laundry. With the laundry bag special offers and the Diamond Plus coupons for free bags of laundry, we find that having the ship's laundry take care of that task works exceptionally well, especially on longer cruises. No squabbling passengers in the laundry room when someone fails to remove their clothes from the machine in a timely fashion. Have seen that on other lines and see no need to witness a repeat.

My idea is maybe too difficult, but it would definitely be great;

You know the big all-glass lounge on top of the 'regular' RCCL-ships, so why don't they put that in front of the ship and add a turning-feature which will offer wonderful panorama views!

Radiance class ships already have a revolving bar in their Viking Crown Lounges which seems to fit the bill. Aesthetically, I prefer the current location of this lounge over the one you suggest but that may just be a matter of personal preference. :) Whether or not such a placement would be aerodynamically problematic is something I would leave to the professionals who design cruise ships for a living. Hopefully they wouldn't end up replicating the NCL Epic.;)

Bill

I agree with single balcony cabins .Even hull balconies or cove balconies would be fine Or cabins with windows that open

Definitely laundromats .On longer cruises you need those!!!PLus a place to iron would be great Suitcases do a number on some clothes

Outdoor dining under the stars

A Booze card like the coffee card so many for so much ..Cheaper than one at a time

Seaday shows in theatre

a special brunch/lunch on seadayto replace our beloved midnight buffet

of blessed memory!!!

on big balconies.A HAMMOCK

I posted this on a previous similar thread:

I'd love to see a dining venue that offered REAL Afternoon Tea. I'm not talking about cookies and teabags in paper cups in the Windjammer, I mean china teapots and teacups, scones and clotted cream, fancy pastries. They could do it in a restaurant like 150 Central Park that serves only dinner, like the Disney ships do in Palo. Though some bemoan the thought of more additional-fee dining, I'd pay a specialty dining fee for this. Maybe not $25, but I'd pay $10-15.

Would there be a strict dress code for this? I have never been to a genuine Afternoon Tea, but I would assume it is something to dress for.

More SINGLE cabins like on EPIC, but also outside singles (but not crammed into undesirable areas like in the olden days)! We spend money too!

YES....Please. I would sail more offen on RCCL if they would offer solo cabins and better pricing for us solo's...

I would also like more options for single cruisers. If your single it is sometimes hard to find another person that your comfortable sharing a room with so avoid the supplement charge. I know some lines have room share programs but personally I could never share a room with a perfect stranger.

* Way less smoking

* No for-fee activities, dining rooms, etc.

* Kid-free zones

* Plenty of elevators

* Fewer passengers

* Far more sitting areas in buffet restaurants and theaters

* No reservations for shows

Totally agree about making cruising more economical for solo cruisers. I would never share with a stranger. Paying double is onerous.

However, do not like the NCL Epic's approach - claustrophobic "closets" that are "inside the inside" of this ship.

Archived