What would you like to see on Royal Caribbean's new ship(s)?

Dan Askin

I would most like to see a larger craft room (one that holds more than 25 cruisers on a ship with 4,100 passengers). It would be nice to see more "adults only" amenities. There are ALWAYs kid's activities aboard, but only the Solarium was reserved for adults only. If it is a "walk-through" solarium like on the Radiance Class and Freedom Class, kids walk through ALL THE TIME! If you need a truly "kid-friendly" ship, I advise the Disney Cruise Line ships. Even then, Disney has several venues that are "kid-free" zones. As an active senior adult, I am too peppy for Holland America and too slow-moving for Carnival (although I have tried both). When I travel with grandkids, I choose Disney Line. By the way, I won't list all my cruises because the list is WAY TOO LONG. We are Diamond Plus on Royal and Elite on Celebrity. Now Celebrity offers Elite members FREE unlimited internet minutes! There's a bargain for you! Royal gives Diamond Plus members one 45 minute free session per person. That's one and a half hours fpr us and on a longer cruise that is just NOT enough. How about having SKYPE in the interney cafe for all computers?

I think some solo/single cabins would be great! NCL has a great idea but I am just too loyal to Royal & Celebrity. Before folks get all crazy with me, I have sailed NCL several times and things just don't click for me the way they do with Royal. While most of the time I sail with friends/family there are occassions when i want some down time, just to get away and relax. The solo/single cabins would be great !!!!

I would really like the Concierge Lounges to have large outside views, don't like the CL on Voyager ships, never see the sunsets!!! As much, or more, glass like the Radiance ships. More electrical outlets in the cabins, or stop taking extension cords from us. Difficult to deal with 1 outlet, can't recharge phones, ipods, computers, etc. Free internet for diamond plus, like Celebrity offers Elite. Take away the duvette's, they are so heavy!!! Have to ask cabin steward to remove them every time.

Please upgrade the food in the Windjammer and main dining rooms. It has been going down lately!! Make something besides fried, gravey covered, or pasta. Please more vegetables and stir-fry. Outside dining for Windjammer.

1. Laundry facilities

2. Water slide

3. Outside dining facilities

4. Smoke free balconies on at least one side of the ship. Prohibit smoking on aft balconies

5. Smoke free promenade area (put smoking bars on top deck for better

ventilation)

6. More connecting staterooms

7. More glass like Radiance class

8. Tables on balconies for meals

I have never been on RCI cruises, so I'll quote the ideas that appeal to me.

I think there ought to be an inside pool (not the solarium, which by it's very name ought to be in the sun!)

A retractable sun-roof over at least one of the pools.

Yes, inside pools which can be used 24*7 regardless of rain, hail, or sun would be great. A covered pool would also be good, but in terms of the ship design the advantage of an inside pool is that it gives a lower center of gravity - which means that the pool could be deeper. I would like to have a pool that is 2M deep and 3M at the diving end!

I would like to see a ship oriented toward three generation cruises which would include family suites with two bathrooms, good children's programs, dancing venues with music that appeals to baby boomers, etc in a setting that never lets you forget you are on a ship (such as Radiance class ships).

Solo-cruiser cabins with no overcharge.

Tiny solo-cruiser cabins would be really helpful for 3 generation cruises. Then Grandpa/Grandma can have a cheap cabin for sleeping but use the larger family cabin for a mid-day nap while everyone else is out.

It would also be good if the key-card that Grandma/Grandpa uses could unlock the door for the family cabin too.

Expanded Balcony cabins for families that accomodate 4 people with actually 4 beds not a sofa bed

Actually I'd like to see options of 3 or 4 capacity cabins of which the other 1 or 2 beds are child-sized. There is a good demand for cabins where only 2 beds are adult sized and the other 1 or 2 are for less than 8yo kids. Having young children in adult size beds isn't an efficient use of space.

- a group of three or four cabins centered around a common room, for groups (such as multi-generational families) traveling together; something like the Presidential Suite, only much more modest (and thus more affordable)

That sounds nice. Also those 3 or 4 "cabins" wouldn't necessarily need their own bathroom. Having two showers and two toilets to share among 3 or 4 cabins would work well. 4 cabins in such an arrangement shouldn't take much more space than 4 independent cabins while providing greater benefits for extended family cruises.

• Quiet areas to relax and view the sea

• Status of how busy eating venues are from your cabin TV

• More comedians

• Put on Plays (drama or comedy) showing several times during sea days and at least one evening

• Water slide

• Movies outside under the stars

I'd like to be able to discover how busy EVERYTHING is from my TV. Also close-up magic and comedy acts during the day would be good, basically hiring some of the better street performers that you can find in any city. Shows suitable for the full family in the theaters during the day would be great too.

None of those Gawd Awful big screens like Carnival ruined theirs with!

I'd like to see per-hot-tub screens where each hot-tub would show a different movie and you could choose the one you like best. IMHO big screens work best in a cinema type environment.

Great Idea. Maybe even swim up bars at the pools.

I'd like to have an option of dinner in a pool. The toddlers pool could be used for formal dining (shorts, shirt, and jacket) and a 1M deep pool could be used for less formal dining.

Free Appetizers in the lounge/bar areas before dinner

Deck parties with music at night - 1 for adults only and another for families

Barbecues on deck

Parties are good!

Some ships have an ice rink, well how about an indoor roller rink. It could be used as a disco\club at night!

Great idea. Flat floor space suitable for roller-skating can be used for lots of other things. It could be a stage if the safety barriers were removable, it could be a restaurant if the tables were easy to move and stack.

More and bigger pools. Perhaps put another pool where the seldom used basketball court/mini golf area is. The top deck should be all about pools and sun.

Show first run movies in the main theater during sea days. By first run I mean movies that are currently in theaters. This would be nice during rainy days.

Better lay-outs in the Windjammer buffets. There is too much congestion at peak times.

I guess I must be a little slow. But , I would like to see a formal dinning room be just that. Take 1 floor of these multi-floor dinning areas and ENFORCE the dress code. If it's formal night thenyou better dress up. if it's Carribean night then sun dresses and light shirts. I'm sick of see some of the garbage that sits in the FORMAL dining room.

I'd like to see the ADULTS ONLY be just that. I have no problem with kids being on the ship. But , I don't feel they should be at Happy hour!

However I do like the idea of a large Lazy River.

A couple of things we really liked on the Disney ship were

1) Split bath in many of the cabins. Sink and shower in one and sink and toilet in the other. Simply marvelous!

2) Wireless phones for every cabin that could be used to call or send text messages to others in your party while on board (called wave phones on Disney ships).

I also think they should have better Internet service and have WLAN throughout the ship. I'd actually pay for it, if it were better.

A second MDR option that is less formal for the casual cruisers. You get the option to pick your MDR AND your seating. The food could even be the same. My Time diners could choose between the two on any given night. Others would be locked into one or the other. Then ... enforce the dress code.

Carpet of one color in the port hallways, and another color in the starboard hallways. Also, a carpet pattern (like swimming fish) that indicates the direction of the bow. Off the elevator and instant directional recognition!

As ship's carpet is replaced, this could become standard on all ships.

Also, I want the day-of-the-week plates in the elevators.

Carpet of one color in the port hallways, and another color in the starboard hallways.

I'm not sure how many ships it is on, but I do know several already do the different color hallways. For example, I'll use Liberty since I just disembarked. The carpet is light red on port and blue-green on starboard.

I have not read this whole thread, so if this has been suggested, I do apologize.

I think they should install a ramp near the elevators and/or stairwells so that those passengers in wheel chairs or with other mobility issues might have an alternative to waiting for the elevator. I am not sure of the logistics but it is something they should at least consider.

I would like a similar concept to the one just announced for the new Breakaway Class of ships by Norwegian Cruise Lines. They put a boardwalk dining and entertainment area on the ocean facing portion of the ship. I love outdoor dining options and being able to see the ocean from all over the ship.

Eric

Archived