A Serious Martini Bar question, Really!

Renorita

I just dugout my first-day's Compass from the Constellation last summer, and it lists the Martini Tasting as being from 5:30-8:30, with a $5 fee. I can't find my Summit first-day Compass with the schedule, but I'm almost certain it wasn't listed as an activity. I remember searching everywhere for it and then having to call the purser to get the information. It's also possible thatthe hours were more limited when the concept first began, and as it has proved very popular, they have expanded the hours and are advertising it more. On the Summit in November 2003, it wasn't mentioned. On the Constellation in July, 2004, it was just listed along with the other activities, and on the Horizon in October, 2004, it had it's own 1/8-page advertisement. So, I guess we're ALL correct! :) Looking at those Compasses is making me ache for another cruise before July.

Allen

Hey Lois, John and Sue, and Rita!

It truly is the second martini ( or first big girl/boy size after the tasting samples) that gets you into trouble. I had a similar incident to Lois, but stopped after my first glass of wine at the dinner table, so managed to make it through dinner that night. It wasn't, however, a late night for me. Straight form the table to the stateroom, and next thing it was 7:00 a.m. I'd like to blame the swaying on the movement of the ship, but John and Sue were at the next table, so they'd rat me out! Actually such a smooth crossing that if you saw anyone swaying, you knew the culprit was Sudie, the bartender in the Martini Bar.:D

And don't worry everyone, I'll be on the cruise with Rita, and have volunteered to take her under my wing at the Martini Bar (and drink the Vodka samples she doesn't want!)

Andrew

Your secret is safe with us, NOT:D

When people say it's the first night, does it mean the very first night onboard, or the night of the first day out?

On our cruise on the Millennium in June, we embark one day and don't sail from Venice until the next night.....which night will it be? I don't want to miss it!!

When mom & I went last year, it was the night that you first arrived on board. We had 2nd seating dinner, so our tasting was in the early evening. It was great, and we enjoyed it so much we went to the Martini Bar either before or after dinner every night of the cruise. It was especially great on formal nights to be all dressed up sitting and sipping a lovely martini.

Hi:) It is the day you sail. Well, it was for me on Mercury and Connie.

And I agree with you Leela~I ended up (along with a group from our Roll Call) having drinks before dinner every night on Constellation! It was marvelous:D The Martini Bar is THE Place be on that ship!

Hey Lois, John and Sue, and Rita!

It truly is the second martini ( or first big girl/boy size after the tasting samples) that gets you into trouble. I had a similar incident to Lois, but stopped after my first glass of wine at the dinner table, so managed to make it through dinner that night. It wasn't, however, a late night for me. Straight form the table to the stateroom, and next thing it was 7:00 a.m. I'd like to blame the swaying on the movement of the ship, but John and Sue were at the next table, so they'd rat me out! Actually such a smooth crossing that if you saw anyone swaying, you knew the culprit was Sudie, the bartender in the Martini Bar.:D

And don't worry everyone, I'll be on the cruise with Rita, and have volunteered to take her under my wing at the Martini Bar (and drink the Vodka samples she doesn't want!)

Andrew

Hey, with friends like Andrew who needs enemies! :p Better be careful or I will tell everyone on this thread about your Jacuzzi/Bubble bath story!! Well actually I don't know it yet, but he promises to tell us if he has a couple of Martini's. Heh Heh!

Lois: I would be honored to meet you and share a glass of Wine or a Martini, or both!!! :)

Phil: Do they really have Creme Brule Martini's? Oh,Oh,Oh! this is only going to be a six night Cruise, should have booked a 14 nighter! :)

Please don't tell me whats in the Dirty Mop Martini, because my imagination alone may help me resist THAT one at least. Gosh, all of these plans and my DH doesn't even know about any of this. It is to be a Surprise for his birthday, and that isn't until June 23rd! Then we will still have over two months to wait, OH the Agony! :eek:

a Drop Dirty Mop Martini. WOW!!!! If you are interested in this killer drink:

Dirty Mop

Blavod vodka, Blue Curacao, Passoa, Orange Juice, Cranberry Juice

Hey, with friends like Andrew who needs enemies! :p Better be careful or I will tell everyone on this thread about your Jacuzzi/Bubble bath story!! Well actually I don't know it yet, but he promises to tell us if he has a couple of Martini's. Heh Heh!

Lois: I would be honored to meet you and share a glass of Wine or a Martini, or both!!! :)

Phil: Do they really have Creme Brule Martini's? Oh,Oh,Oh! this is only going to be a six night Cruise, should have booked a 14 nighter! :)

Please don't tell me whats in the Dirty Mop Martini, because my imagination alone may help me resist THAT one at least. Gosh, all of these plans and my DH doesn't even know about any of this. It is to be a Surprise for his birthday, and that isn't until June 23rd! Then we will still have over two months to wait, OH the Agony! :eek:

Hi folks, thanks Phil;) didn't want any food to go to waste.

Renorita, what happened was, I had to leave the table after taking one bite of my dessert (creme brulee). At that point, all the drinks and the sweetness of the food decided to make the entire ship rock for me. It was kinder for everyone if I left~nicer for all of us. Went back to the cabin, got sick, and went to bed.

So, Phil finished my dessert.

But in fact, they DO make a Creme Brulee Martini.

Hi all - my partner and i discovered the martini bar on our first Celebrity cruise last Sept on Mercury. It certainly was the place to meet before dinner. And i can confirm - as a hardened martini drinker - that Celebrity know how to make a good martini - strong too; two flirtinis (our fav) and wine with dinner is a great way to guarantee an early night and plenty of sleep.

We are just five weeks away from our next cruise - this time on the Summit. I assume the martinis will be as good and the bar as popular...

ian

How many martinis do they offer? Let me go check the menu that I took home from last year's cruise because I was so impressed...

35 (on the menu). I bet the bartender can invent more, too.

Shall I list them?

Sure, why not?!

Citrus Martini

Melon Martini

The "Chocolate Kiss"

Watermelon Martini

Martini Limon'

Fancy Saketini

TIffany Martini

The "Original" Vodka Martini

Van Gogh Flirtini

The "Magic" Martini

Le "French" Martini

Vanilla Martini

Vodkatini

Belvedere Startini

The Century Martini

Cosmopolitan

Apple Martini

Bloodytini

Peach Martini

Goose Kiss

Fifty Fifty Martini

Creme Brulee' Martini

Martini Delight

Mad Melon Martini

Blueberry Martini

The Classic Gin Martini

The Dirty Martini

Bellini Martini

The "Gibson"

Caribbean Sunset

Gimlet

Alize Gold Passion

Chocolate Vanilla Combo Martini

Apple-licious Combo Martini

Fruity Grand Combo Martini

How do I choose? Well, the tasting the first afternoon helped, and then I would tend to coordinate the color of my martinis with what I was wearing!! I couldn't even tell you which one my favorite was, because there were so many good ones.

We missed the martini tasting on the Summit. But on the Horizon is was AFTER first dinner ( I believe 7:30-8:30). We went directly to the Martini Bar after dinner and were one of the first. It was SRO by the time we left.:D I hope they have changed the tasting from 5:30-8:30 then we could go before dinner ( and also go after dinner:eek: ) The chocolate is still my fav, but I would like to try the flirtini ( what is in that? ) and a whole bunch of the ones I haven't tried. OH my, such anticipation! Mary

Sigh. I've been hearing all these great Martini Bar stories...when mom & I went last year the week before Easter on Century, the ship was 100% full but there was rarely anyone in the Martini Bar! We'd go down there and see maybe four or five other little groups on a "big" night. Some nights we'd be the only ones, so we'd sit at the bar to keep the bartender company. She even said it was a very slow week for martinis. I wonder what the heck was up that week, because it sounds like the Martini Bar on other weeks was a real draw! Well, I'm crossing my fingers for our next trip!!

Hi,:) oh yea....right:eek:

quote:

"Try to sample all 35, so we can find out which ones are the best"

You are really wanting me to become a full scale lush?;)

I am so ready for a Martini tasting! One I haven't tasted is the Lemon Merange...oh that sounds good! I can taste the Appletini right now that I had many of on the Century! We'll be on the Summit on May 20th, and one thing I know I will not miss is the Martini Tasting. If I don't see it listed in the Compass I will call for sure!

I have to be honest. I love Celebrity and I keep coming back. Is it the food? The Service? Or is it the Martini Bar???? Ummm, I do think it's a combination, but the Martini Bar was the deciding factor for our cruise to Alaska! Bottom line...Glacier Bay or Martini Bar....MARTINI BAR WON!!!

Sharon

I don't think John said they got rid of it. I think he said they moved it. But I will be on the ship Saturday and will report back with my findings:D

When we sailed (New Year's Eve), the Martini Bar was there but very often filled with smoke due to location. Most Martini drinkers sat on the other side of the ship and ordered their Martinis and tastings there.

Archived