Do The Windows Open?

lindy12

For safety reasons, because most are on lower decks, they are sealed. The alternative would be heavy metal covers that would be put in place and latched if the seas are moderate or heavy. This turns your cabin into an"inside" cabin, depending on the seas. This is what I had on the Regal Princess when I had a cabin on a lower deck; the windows were covered about half of the cruise.

We are in an oceanview obstructed cabin (Star princess), but the window is only discribed as 'picture'. So can they be opened or not?.
"picture" describes a rectangular window as opposed to a circular porthole. These windows cannot be opened.

We had one once on Grand Princess Plaza Deck 5, forward of the art gallery, where in some rough seas the waves from the bow of the ship covered the window. It was exciting, and we were very thankful the window could not be opened !

Thank you for those replies. I can understand why they don't but would be nice if they did. Imagine going to sleep with that refreshing sea breeze wafting in. Ummm wonder if they let you sleep on deck.......now thats a plan!

Archived