How bad is it in back of boat

kdh12345

I am book on the ecstasy carnival cruise in room U221 and U216 which are in the very back on the upper deck which is 3 decks from bottom. How bad is this location. I have awlays been in the front or midway. Will have have problems hearing the motor where it where keep me awake?

Thanks

We were on the back of Carnaval Miracle and Legend. Did it twice to compare even though they are basically the same ship. It was two cruises that we took while in Fl. We drove there and wanted to make the trip worth doing. We also wanted to do some other things in Fl and the cruises had good prices.

Here is my opinion that was common to both

There is no balcony overhang from above so you are basically always in the open. The rear of the ship is slanted. The rail is also slanted in so the balcony in not as big as it the actual space.

People always are hanging over the rail on the top open decks. They tend to talk loud. If it is at night you can hear when on the balcony. They also like to throw stuff such as the rest of their drink, ice cubes, cigarettes and spit. So you will get some and all land on you. If they are smoking the smoke tends to swirl down into the balcony.

There will be soot from the funnels (stacks). Be sure to wipe off the chairs and table before sitting down. Carbon does not wash off or out.

Both ships had a fish tale effect. The Cabin will always have that side to side wiggle. It made me nauseated.

Watching the wake was not that thrilling and got old.

There is no real breeze and it gets stuffy. The back of the ship creates a vacuum as it sails like the back of a mini van so all you get is all the stuff from the top being sucked down.

When in port you dont really get to see much except the bow or aft of the other ship. In a side cabin you have a 50 50 chance of being along the pier.

I dont have any positives and now see that there is a premium for those cabins. Don't understand why.

I will not book another.

I always try and grab an aft balcony.. actually have refused cruises because I couldn't get an aft... the balconies are usually much larger.. we had one on Radiance with 4 chaise lounges and a dining table.. I've never had a problem with 'stuff' landing on my balcony and the steward always washed down the furniture.... actually aft has less motion than forward..I always let someone else break the waves :)...

Watching the wake was not that thrilling and got old. I will not book another.

I felt like I must be the only cruiser who thought this. Whats the thrill? I would book another, but not unless it was a free upgrade, I sure wouldnt pay extra again for it.

I kept thinking it wasnt nearly as nice as my hotel room. I dont think Im a aft facing person. .. and boy it was a long walk to the elevators.

I am book on the ecstasy carnival cruise in room U221 and U216 which are in the very back on the upper deck which is 3 decks from bottom. How bad is this location. I have awlays been in the front or midway. Will have have problems hearing the motor where it where keep me awake?

Thanks

There are many decks BELOW the cabin decks= you are not scrapping bottom nor are you under the water.

Looking at photos you can see how high out of the water you sit.

it will be the first section of windows.

166500350DHZWKV_th.jpg

the back of this class ship may get vibrations / shuddering when entering or leaving a port.

We were on the back of Carnaval Miracle and Legend. Did it twice to compare even though they are basically the same ship. It was two cruises that we took while in Fl. We drove there and wanted to make the trip worth doing. We also wanted to do some other things in Fl and the cruises had good prices.

Here is my opinion that was common to both

There is no balcony overhang from above so you are basically always in the open. The rear of the ship is slanted. The rail is also slanted in so the balcony in not as big as it the actual space.

People always are hanging over the rail on the top open decks. They tend to talk loud. If it is at night you can hear when on the balcony. They also like to throw stuff such as the rest of their drink, ice cubes, cigarettes and spit. So you will get some and all land on you. If they are smoking the smoke tends to swirl down into the balcony.

There will be soot from the funnels (stacks). Be sure to wipe off the chairs and table before sitting down. Carbon does not wash off or out.

Both ships had a fish tale effect. The Cabin will always have that side to side wiggle. It made me nauseated.

Watching the wake was not that thrilling and got old.

There is no real breeze and it gets stuffy. The back of the ship creates a vacuum as it sails like the back of a mini van so all you get is all the stuff from the top being sucked down.

When in port you dont really get to see much except the bow or aft of the other ship. In a side cabin you have a 50 50 chance of being along the pier.

I dont have any positives and now see that there is a premium for those cabins. Don't understand why.

I will not book another.

If you were on the Ecstasy, you wouldn't have a balcony so why bother posting and confusing the OP!?? :eek:

Posting opinions about different classes of ships, serves not purpose..! ;)

Me, I book nothing but an aft balcony, and enjoy it for its purpose..! :) However, the OP was not assigned in a balcony cabin... CHEERS!! :p

Archived