Cancel for any reason?

SEA SOUNDS

Given most policies allow a cancellation for most reasonable reasons anyow, you would probably want to have some concern that you may change your mind since it can substantially increase the insurance cost.

Say you are dating someone and think you may dump them before the cruise...probably woth the cancel for any reason insurance...or if the cabin is in your name you just find a new friend to take with you...:eek:

If you own your own business it could be tricky claiming cancellation for an allowable reason if you just decide to stay and keep the business humming along. Cancel for any reason and you're in the clear.

• 3 weeks later...
Cruise insurance we purchase is for death or illness and it's expensive but necessary.

I'm taking my parents in November on Celebrity cruise. Both of them are not in good helath and it may be the case that because of illiness they will not be able to travel.

Would you mind telling me what insurance do you buy?

Thank you.

I'm taking my parents in November on Celebrity cruise. Both of them are not in good helath and it may be the case that because of illiness they will not be able to travel.

Would you mind telling me what insurance do you buy?

Thank you.

If you want to be covered for a pre-existing conditions, most companies require you to purchase insurance within 15 days of the date you made the initial trip deposit. You may want to go to insuremytrip.com and compare policies to see if you can find something that will work for you. We always purchase through Travelguard.

i have on the last several cruises...its worth that extra for us...to many things can cause you to cancel i want to be covered....so far (knock on wood--fingers XX'd we have been LUCKY not to have to use) but i wouldnt cruise without getting this insurance.

• 4 weeks later...

Two years ago we purchased cancel for any reason for a trip to a Caribbean Island. ( not a cruise) I had started reading the island's newspaper on line and became nervous. Then I started writing down in a notebook the robberies and shootings ............... I wanted to see if I was overreacting. We cancelled after awhile.

. We used the money we got back to go to a much safer island.

I always buy trip insurance for cruises and trips to Europe. We always buy our insurance within the first couple weeks after our initial payment to get coverage for pre-existing medical conditions.

For the the last 6 years or so, I have bought the "Cancel for any reason" option.

With the policy we purchase (TravelSafe), you have to cancel by 2 days before the trip start date to use the cancel for any reason coverage. Within the last year, at about 9pm on the last day to cancel for any reason, we had a family emergency arise that would not have been covered by the regular policy terms. I quickly called TravelSafe, the cruise line, and the airline and cancelled everything. I also cancelled our pre-cruise hotel. They reimbursed us 75% about 3-4 weeks after I sent in all the paperwork.

It was the pits to cancel our cruise (especially since this was our first suite), but at least we got most of our money back.

Archived