Wearing a pedometer onboard

Okay, silly question time! This may seem like a silly question, but I am really curious to see the answers if any.

Do you ever wear a pedometer while on the ship? I am just curious how many miles you log in a day.

I wore one to the Magic Kingdom one day while at Disney World and logged 17 miles. Just curious if anyone has worn one on a cruise ship.

THANKS!

Okay, silly question time! This may seem like a silly question, but I am really curious to see the answers if any.

Do you ever wear a pedometer while on the ship? I am just curious how many miles you log in a day.

I wore one to the Magic Kingdom one day while at Disney World and logged 17 miles. Just curious if anyone has worn one on a cruise ship.

THANKS!

Hiya

Not so silly at all. The first day on a the Superstar Virgo (77k tonnes) we did 6km (~ 4 miles!) just exploring the ship - not bad seeing as we only boarded mid afternoon for a 4pm sail!

We also have a rule on board - stairs only (except for formal nights heels!)

certainly helps to counter balance the alcohol and food.

Kind regards

Jane

We wore one on our last cruise aboard the Allure in January. We averaged 5 miles a day just walking around. That ship is indeed bigger!

We have to watch our weight, and our pedometers also provide a calories burned estimate by entering your stride and weight. So we know how much we can indulge in the intake of food and beverage.

But they are not waterproof. I had mine strapped to the side of my swimsuit as we often walk around on sea days for most of the day that way.

And I went into the pool with mine and it quit working. Fortunately the pool was fresh water and I was able to disassemble it, and dry it out. It ruined the battery, but after I got home and replaced the battery, it started working again.

I have also lost two point & shoot cameras that way; once in a salt-water pool onboard, and once in Coco Cay. The cameras are nice and tiny enough to put in your pocket, but also tiny enough to forget you put them in your pocket.

Electronics and salt-water do not mix.

I've been wearing one every day for a couple of years, and see no reason not to because I am on a cruise. I think given the food and drink and not running to catch my bus, I need to make those at least 10,000 steps more than ever!

I wear one, but only to walk for exercise, not when running around the ship.

I walk 12 miles a day (not including casual walking around to go to the fridge, go to a colleague's office, etc.) every day, and that doesn't change when I'm on a cruise. Many a morning it's just me and the powerwashers up on the top deck before dawn.

I've been wearing one every day for a couple of years, and see no reason not to because I am on a cruise. I think given the food and drink and not running to catch my bus, I need to make those at least 10,000 steps more than ever!

Marian, are you a librarian too? Love the Music Man.

My wife always wears a pedometer. I think she does several miles a day while on a cruise. She had this nice electronic pocket pedometer. Notice I said had. On our cruise last May she had it with her in the hot tub. Bye bye pedometer. So I bought her a new one. On our cruise last August she had it with her while snorkeling. Bye bye pedometer #2. I bought her an even nicer one for Christmas. I think I will hide it before our next cruise :D.

DH and I both wear our pedometers during the day. Since most of my evening clothes don't have pockets, I lose a few thousand steps in the evening. We walk 3 miles on the Promenade deck after breakfast pretty much every day unless we're in a port where we're going to be walking all day.

DH and I both wear our pedometers during the day. Since most of my evening clothes don't have pockets, I lose a few thousand steps in the evening. We walk 3 miles on the Promenade deck after breakfast pretty much every day unless we're in a port where we're going to be walking all day.

I've been know to clip my pedo to my panties :o, but of course your dress has to be pretty loose for that one.

I wear a pedometer every day, regardless of where I am. On a cruise, we usually walk about 5-6 miles at most per day. At WDW, we routinely do 10 miles per day. I walk for exercise and try to be consistent when I'm home.

DH lost his on our cruise this past Nov. We think it got tossed in with the towels when we left the pool area since he'd taken it out of his swimsuit pocket. He got a new one when we got home.

Archived