Where would you like the Carnival Breeze's home port to be?

John&John

Where would you like Carnival Breeze's Home Port to be?  

621 members have voted

1. 1. Where would you like Carnival Breeze's Home Port to be?

• Fort Lauderdale
    • Miami
    • Galveston
    • Los Angeles
    • Port Canaveral
    • other

The west coast really doesn't have that many options anymore, especially with the Spirit leaving San Diego. I think there would be a huge demand for a ship sailing from San Fransisco heading to the Pacific Northwest for weeklong or shorter cruises and picking up the Spirit's exotic-extended cruises to Mexico during the late fall, winter and early spring months. Then during the summer she would be well positioned for Alaska cruising. I've heard some people mention that the Splendor or a ship in the Dream class would be too large for Alaska but RCCL has been sending megaships up there for years so I believe the Breeze sailing to Alaska would be non-problematic in that regard. I would say the Breeze could also easily pick up the Spirit's cruises to Hawaii sailing from San Fransisco but it appears that the Splendor is going to be the replacement for those iteneraries since she will be going there in 2013.

RCCL has not been sending their mega ships up to Alaska. Their largest ship that is sailing in Alaska is the Radiance OTS, which is about the same size as the Spirit.

She isn't really a cold weather ship. The Dream class ships have no retractable roofs over any of the pools

New York - Red Hook from May through October. If it works for Princess, it would work for the Breeze. Two of our favorite cruises were repositioning cruises in 2006 and 2007 on the Crown Princess, New York to San Juan with stops in St. Kitts, Antigua, Dominica, and St. Thomas. I'd book it in a heartbeat if it was available on the Breeze!

Montreal, Canada!!! :D

I second that! LOVE Montreal! They need another cruise line calling on a regular basis besides Holland America!

I really really really want Carnival to cruise out of Boston. In fact, the only thing holding us back from making a decision on doing a Carnival wedding is that the closest port to us is NYC and we have to get a good number of our family members who won't fly or drive themselves long distances to wherever the wedding is.

I would love spring, summer/ fall in Boston and winter in SC.

New York - Red Hook from May through October. If it works for Princess, it would work for the Breeze. Two of our favorite cruises were repositioning cruises in 2006 and 2007 on the Crown Princess, New York to San Juan with stops in St. Kitts, Antigua, Dominica, and St. Thomas. I'd book it in a heartbeat if it was available on the Breeze!

Well Princess is limiting there cruises in NYC in 2012 :mad: so maybe the Breeze could have her chance her. Although I do miss the Triumph :( and I still do have that dream of one of the eight coming here ;) but I know that won't be happening lol

I think San Diego will be her homeport that's my personal feeling because they are moving Spirit to Aust. its funny because they will announce Spirit's repositioning schedule on March 18th, and they will release Breeze's new homeport on April 18th.. or maybe they will send another ship to San Diego after Spririt leaves.. it'd be cool if they have a cruise out of San Francisco...

Archived