Where would you like the Carnival Breeze's home port to be?

John&John

Where would you like Carnival Breeze's Home Port to be?  

621 members have voted

1. 1. Where would you like Carnival Breeze's Home Port to be?

• Fort Lauderdale
    • Miami
    • Galveston
    • Los Angeles
    • Port Canaveral
    • other

It's gonna have to somewhere where it's warm all the time...No covered pool just like the Dream and the Magic....South Florida is where it will prob end up.....Dennis

The Caribbean Princess didn't have a cover pool either and she's based in Brooklyn part of the year

...With the Spirit leaving and the Splendor doing the Alaska/Hawaii runs, ...

I have not followed closely what ship was filling the gap after the Spirit departs the west coast. If it is the Splendor, than I can cross off Carnival for our Alaska cruise a couple of years from now. Not that I hadn't already narrowed it down to Celebrity or NCL anyway.. ;)

Tom

Thats my vote. San Diego is my favorite port and since they are taking all the ships away, we need a ship there. Elation left and now the Spirit in October sooooooo. No more Carnival ships in SD.

I don't think the Magic can go thru the Panama Canal as I believe she would be too wide..I know they are re=building part for wider ships to pass thru...Only way would be to bring it around South America and I know RCCL does that but I've never seen Carnival do that....Dennis

I don't think the Magic can go thru the Panama Canal as I believe she would be too wide..I know they are re=building part for wider ships to pass thru...Only way would be to bring it around South America and I know RCCL does that but I've never seen Carnival do that....Dennis

Hi Dennis!

That's how they got the Splendor over to the west coast. It was something like a 49 (?) day trip, bookable as 3 separate sailings.

Tom

I have not followed closely what ship was filling the gap after the Spirit departs the west coast. If it is the Splendor, than I can cross off Carnival for our Alaska cruise a couple of years from now. Not that I hadn't already narrowed it down to Celebrity or NCL anyway.. ;)

Tom

We didnt care for the Splendor either. For the 1st time I was glad the cruise ended.

Btw, what did y'all think of the Dream ?

I say this and I am closer to Galveston. I think that port deserves it personally.

The Magic is going there so I do not see it going there. I like the Missouri River here in South Dakota myself....LOL

I think it will go to Miami or Ft Lauderdale myself.

1 - California doesn't really have the appeal - to expensive , Mexico is way to dangerous on that coast , and snowbirds tend to fly south not west .

2 - New York while alot may cruise , I do seem to recall the debacle with the terminals described by Host Mach on embarkation . I do believe the charges coming from port fees being in New York may have an influence on fares , and where would you cruise to from there ? Nassau and back ? cheaper to book airfare and fly to Florida to do this .

3 - Ft. Lauderdale may be the best choice due to easy access as described by other members , plus you have the entire Caribbean to look at for port stops from anything to 7 to 8 or more days . Florida is the cruise ship departure state and while I live here , It is the reason I choose to remain here , instead of moving back to Dallas , I can't cruise much from there , here we have 5 ports within 3 hours from us .

It is only my assumption on these , but airfare to all of Florida is better than anywhere in the US . Vacation State of the US .

Living in Baltimore area, I'd have to say I'd like her to port east coast and north of FL. Maybe Norfolk...don't know if she can, or Charleston or Baltimore (I think I read that the new big ships can't port here because they can't make it under the bridge). Wish there was a port in Savannah area.

She wouldn't be able to fit under the bridge in Baltimore.

I think she would be able to fit in Charleston, because the Glory had a few sailings out of Charleston last year.

But I don't think they will put the ship in Charleston because it would be a major increase. The Fantasy's double occupancy is about 2,050 and the Breeze's is about 3,700. So for every sailing it would be an increase of about 1,700. That is a huge increase for Charleston, so I am not very sure it would happen.

We didnt care for the Splendor either. For the 1st time I was glad the cruise ended.

Btw, what did y'all think of the Dream ?

Well... to borrow from a recent thread I posted on (Dream too big?):

Been on the Dream THREE times. The second and third would likely not have happened had we not booked each with other CC'ers we wanted to sail with again. Carnival has its focus on "sardine" cruising with each new class of vessel. They already modified the Dream class (Magic) to add dozens of additional cabins over the Dream's plan!

On the Epic now... and REALLY loving everything about it! Saw a "Murder Mystery" lunch today, eating at the Japanese steakhouse tonight then seeing a Second City comedy show at 11. Already have Blue Man Group and Cirque Dreams under our belt! NCL (at least on the Epic) really knows how to give options and provide entertainment.

I am REALLY glad that there are alternatives. Carnival has a good product, but they need to lose the cookie cutter approach... REALLY!

Tom

PS -- I forgot to mention... for the Meet-n-Greet on the Epic, NCL put together a VERY nice meeting. It was attended by 8 senior officers - including the Captain, Hotel Director, F&B manager, Exectuive Chef, ETC.. they ALL spoke as well. A note to Carnival" "you can't touch this" (because you DON'T EVEN TRY)...

Tom

Some ship is coming to the West Coast.. I hope a new one because it would draw people out here because it's new. With the Spirit leaving and the Splendor doing the Alaska/Hawaii runs, they will bring a ship out to do the 7 day Mexico run. My suggestion would be to alternate that route 7 day to Mexico then 7 day Pacific Coastal. That will give the locals a variety and keep them cruising more. New ship and new options...

Where did you hear that Splendor will be doing Alaska? She will be going to Hawaii in Jan 2013 for ONE 15 DAY cruise..

Thanks Tom, we are sailing in Oct on the Dream mainly because P Canaveral is only 45 min away, plus I wanted to try a cove balcony.

If we ever sail a Dream class ship again in the future, it would likely be in a cove balcony... and that's after 3 cruises on the Dream (1 suite, and 2 corners).

Tom

If we ever sail a Dream class ship again in the future, it would likely be in a cove balcony... and that's after 3 cruises on the Dream (1 suite, and 2 corners).

Tom

... as opposed to "again in the past"... :rolleyes: :o

Tom

Mobile.....or Carnival needs a port in Gulfport, Ms......:D

I would agree with you, but is's not going to happen. The turning basin in Mobile can't accommodate a vessel that size, and the cruise terminal would require a huge upgrade, mainly in parking capacity. Currently the Fantasy class vessels are the maximum size that Mobile can support. Gulfport and Biloxi have even less capacity for a vessel that size.

Given that the Mobile city council has pretty much driven the city off the proverbial budget cliff, I don't see port facility improvements on that scale in the near future.

BTW My personal choice would be Tampa. Easy to get to for us and a well run port. As long as they don't move the Legend, our favorite ship so far. Not sure if Tampa could handle a ship that size but it's a great departure port.

I change my vote - Ottawa.

Hey, I can dream right? :D

Hey Ottawa River to St Lawrence past Montreal then out to sea. I don't see any problem with that!!:p

PS My vote in Charleston, no bridges to mess with quickly out to sea. Will also have the new terminal finished by the time the Breeze is done.

Archived