Price vs Itinerary

normalman

The week I want to cruise, Glory is going to Progresso, Costa Maya, Cozumel, and Belize. Valor is going to Roatan, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, and Belize. For the 4 of us, Glory looks to be about $300 cheaper. Is the Valor itinerary worth the extra. (When I started looking the prices were identical but Glory's cost has dropped). I'm told the ships are otherwise very similar.

This thread is related to the cold weather port issue. (Hello Baltimore).

Would you sail from a port to save money, either on a cheaper cruise price or because

you can save on transportation. I say yes but my DW says no. So the answer is NO !:p

Do you mean $300 more a person or for the family?

I love Grand Cayman seven mile beach, my most favorite two excursions are stingray city in grand cayman and the cooking excursion in cozumel, had a blast in both!

Belize is a horror place, if you go a little bit beyond the cruise terminal just a tee bit pass the gates surrounding the cruise ships you will see holes in the buildings, it looked like it was bombed! You will see military trucks all driving around with troops with guns and you need to be very careful, thankfully we are originally from NY years ago and know how to deal with situations...and got ourselves right back on the ship and never ever will we get off there again, it was worth us going to see how horrible a place looked....out of 46 cruises in my life I never seen such a terrible port, my next not liked is Ocho Rios (sorry for those who disagree but I am entitled to my opinion).

You also need to consider do you like to have that extra sea day...and also consider the age of the ship and when she last went into dry dock, this is how I would decide really.....

The week I want to cruise, Glory is going to Progresso, Costa Maya, Cozumel, and Belize. Valor is going to Roatan, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, and Belize. For the 4 of us, Glory looks to be about $300 cheaper. Is the Valor itinerary worth the extra. (When I started looking the prices were identical but Glory's cost has dropped). I'm told the ships are otherwise very similar.

Been to all those ports. IMO Valor's itinerary is better, but IDK if it's $300 better.

Have you considered Legend (from Tampa)? I think Legend's usual itinerary is the same as the one you listed for Valor, and the prices sometimes are better than leaving from Miami. Legend is a Spirit class ship so the layout would be not the same as Glory's or Valor's.

Edited to add: Nevermind, looks like Legend is higher that week than both Glory and Valor.

$300 total. I think Valor and Glory are cheaper than Legend right now, I'll have to double check.

Other interesting thing is I could get 2 rooms for just $50 more than one. The catch is the two would be at the very bow of the ship on the bottom deck. I'm not sure how that would be.

$300 total. I think Valor and Glory are cheaper than Legend right now, I'll have to double check.

Other interesting thing is I could get 2 rooms for just $50 more than one. The catch is the two would be at the very bow of the ship on the bottom deck. I'm not sure how that would be.

Those cabins are cheap for a reason. My suggestion, avoid them.

Regarding the ports, as others have mentioned, Roatan is very nice but not worth the cost. Additionally, there's no guarantee that you'll get to Roatan or, for that matter, ANY of your ports!

Take the cheaper voyage and enjoy some extra DODs or perhaps the Chef's Table...

:)

If you read CC long enough, you'll come to understand that one does not cruise for the ports. One cruises just to cruise. Period.

I don't know WHY they offer different itineraries.

Yes I'm being sarcastic. If you choose your cruise by the ports visited (like a few of us heathens) choose the ports you would like to visit. There is a better than even chance you will make it there.

YMMV

Archived