Embassy Suites in Ft. Lauderdale?

lizgrl76

We're thinking of staying at the Embassy Suites in Ft. Lauderdale the night before our cruise on the Caribbean Princess. It will be the start of our honeymoon and from what I've seen this hotel looks pretty nice. Any suggestions or comments?

Thanks!

Get it on priceline as it is not worth the $170 and up that the hotel charges.

Ever since RCCL started using Embassy Suites as one of their hotels, Embassy Suites doesn't appear available on Priceline and though available on Hotwire - it is not a good deal like it used to be.

We always stay at the Embassy Suites! It's our favorite hotel! When you check in - check to see if there are any rooms available on the 10th - 12th floor facing the port. The view is spectacular!

Here is a link to some photos we took when we were at the Embassy Suites on our Sun Princess cruise. Hope it helps!

http://community.webshots.com/scripts/editPhotos.fcgi?action=viewall&albumID=222474289

I've stayed there twice. It is a nice hotel in a great location. It is a little pricey and the rooms could stand a little more TLC but I would stay there again.

Scott

Scott - it has probably been a year since I stayed there but our room was in excellent condition. It looked like they had recently redone the rooms. Not sure if you were there before I was (and the rooms have been touched up) or if they have gone down hill since I was there.

Is this the hotel you just recently stayed at?

Theresa

Scott - it has probably been a year since I stayed there but our room was in excellent condition. It looked like they had recently redone the rooms. Not sure if you were there before I was (and the rooms have been touched up) or if they have gone down hill since I was there.

Is this the hotel you just recently stayed at?

Theresa

Coral, it is the one we just stayed at. Don't get me wrong it is still a decent hotel but the room we had was a little worn around the edges by normal Embassy Suite standards. Especially the bathroom.

Scott

Coral, it is the one we just stayed at. Don't get me wrong it is still a decent hotel but the room we had was a little worn around the edges by normal Embassy Suite standards. Especially the bathroom.

Scott

Thanks Scott for replying. That is too bad that it isn't being kept as well as it should be.

I have stayed at the Embassy suites before and it was nice. However this is your honeymoon - can I make a suggestion?

We stayed for our honeymoon before our cruise last year at the Hyatt pier 66 (right up the block). I think you will find that the price is about the same and it has gorgeous pools, it is right on the marina - with a nice restaurant you can eat at the marina, the water taxi is right there as well. It is also nice to have drinks at sunset at their revolving lounge - where you can see all of fort lauderdale.

Personally, I was rather disappointed by the Embassy Suites in Fort Lauderdale. I would not want to start MY honeymoon there, but that's me (I'd recommend the Marriot Marina if you want something special). I found the Embassy Suites quite dingy and worn around the edges. Not to mention that I specifically called the hotel and specified a nonsmoking room and ended up in a smoking room that I could barely tolerate the smell of (I asked to be moved and they said "no can do, we're booked.").

Granted, I was spoiled by the first Embassy Suites hotel I ever stayed at being the one in Maui but still, I was disappointed in the Ft. Lauderdale one. Granted, a fine deal and not bad for one-night pre-cruise, but if I'd booked a week there based on how everyone here raved about it, I'd have been majorly disappointed.

We always stay at the Embassy Suites! It's our favorite hotel! When you check in - check to see if there are any rooms available on the 10th - 12th floor facing the port. The view is spectacular!

Here is a link to some photos we took when we were at the Embassy Suites on our Sun Princess cruise. Hope it helps!

http://community.webshots.com/scripts/editPhotos.fcgi?action=viewall&albumID=222474289

In order to get those floors you have to be Hilton Honors members. Just go to the Hilton or ES website to sign up.

The hotel is great I stay there on business at least 4 times per year. On our last cruise I got 4 rooms on 10th floor facing the port for free using 100,000 Hilton Honors points. The free Happy Hour and Free Cook to Order beakfast can't be beat

We were there a couple weeks ago and would not stay again. We stay at different Embassy Suites 4 times a year and this one was not up to their normal standards. As a Hilton honors member we had a 11th floor room but unfortunately had a room facing the the street. You could hear the band at the pub across the street playing until 2:30 AM On Saturday night. On Sunday we waited 30 minutes for a bell hop before we lugged all 8 bags down ourselves. On the way to the cab you could see luggage carts filled in a room with luggage. this was definately not worth the money.

We stayed there last summer before our Carib. Princess cruise. Our room was fine. We liked the breakfast and cocktails in the evening. On Sat. morn. the first thing I did when I woke up was go to the windows to see that big Princess ship sitting over there. I was exciting.

Personally, I was rather disappointed by the Embassy Suites in Fort Lauderdale. I would not want to start MY honeymoon there, but that's me (I'd recommend the Marriot Marina if you want something special). I found the Embassy Suites quite dingy and worn around the edges. Not to mention that I specifically called the hotel and specified a nonsmoking room and ended up in a smoking room that I could barely tolerate the smell of (I asked to be moved and they said "no can do, we're booked.").

Granted, I was spoiled by the first Embassy Suites hotel I ever stayed at being the one in Maui but still, I was disappointed in the Ft. Lauderdale one. Granted, a fine deal and not bad for one-night pre-cruise, but if I'd booked a week there based on how everyone here raved about it, I'd have been majorly disappointed.

I'm in agreeance with you but we're in the minority. Out of 3 rooms we had pre and post cruise none of them were that great. Our first room tyhe carpets were just cleaned and still wet when we checked in and the room was very musty. They changed us with no problem. One room the toilet overflowed about 3 times before they finally got it working right.

The post cruise stay we had a room where the carpet in front of the mini fridge was soaked for the 3 days we stayed there. Since we had no luck with any of the rooms we didn't even complain about this room. We put the bath towels on the floor where the floor was soaked. When housekeeping cleaned the room they just left the towels there. Also somebody got sick in one of the glass elevators. The floor was cleaned up after my wife reported it but the glass on the elevator stayed uncleaned where the person vomited on for the remainder of our stay.

On a good note the free happy hour and made to order breakfast were great.

Bill

Regarding the renovation of rooms at the FLL Embassy Suites. They are progressing from top to bottom. The upper floors have already been renovated. I was told by the General Manager in February they expect the renovation to be completed by July.

Regarding the renovation of rooms at the FLL Embassy Suites. They are progressing from top to bottom. The upper floors have already been renovated. I was told by the General Manager in February they expect the renovation to be completed by July.

That is a little scary my room in Feb. was on the top floor and it wasn't in the best shape. I'd hate too see what it looked like before the renovations!

Scott

If the Embassy Suites has gone down that much this last year, maybe I am glad that it is no longer showing up on priceline or hotwire. With some of the cruise lines using it for those pre and post cruise packages, it will be used to capacity before most sailings.

What a shame, it used to be such a great hotel with such wonderful extras. :(

Archived