Miami hotel

Sandpiper10

After nagging my husband for the last 3 months, he finally told me today to "just book it" :D Sailing on the Liberty 5/7....our 4th cruise!!!

The hotel we stayed at in Miami last year, the Laquinta is booked. Anyone have any suggestions of a nice hotel that offers free shuttle from the airport the day before the cruise and to the port of Miami the day of sailing?

thanks everyone for your help....better get working on my countdown clock :D

After nagging my husband for the last 3 months, he finally told me today to "just book it" :D Sailing on the Liberty 5/7....our 4th cruise!!!

The hotel we stayed at in Miami last year, the Laquinta is booked. Anyone have any suggestions of a nice hotel that offers free shuttle from the airport the day before the cruise and to the port of Miami the day of sailing?

thanks everyone for your help....better get working on my countdown clock :D

Post this on the Florida departures board.. not many if any hotels offer free shuttle close to downtown you may find better info here...;)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

Often suggested is the Embassy Suites near MIA - free happy hour :D, big rooms, wonderful breakfast, free MIA shuttles and free POM shuttles as part of the cruise package. A taxi from any MIA airport area hotel to POM will run between $25-30, so don't worry too much about free shuttles. Good luck! :)

If you stay in a Miami hotel close to the port, rather than the airport, a cab is only about $8-10 to the port in the morning.

But the cab from MIA to any downtown hotel will cost you $25-27 so you are not saving any transportation money? :confused:

• 2 weeks later...

I like the Holiday Inn Port of Miami, we stayed there in September, was great, right in front of Bayside marketplace, great for shopping, dinner or breakfast, there is a CVS selling beer, wine and soft drinks / water at walking distance (5 minutes) and the cab ride to the port was 8$ .

Also interested in staying at the Embassy Suites (Miami) after our cruise. Any recommedations for night life? I see it's only 10 miles away from South Beach. Could be swayed to stay at another hotel...:D

If you want South Beach nightlife, stay in South Beach post cruise. A cab each way could easily run you $50.

If you want to see some of Miami and experience it, don't stay at the airport.

Click my blog for hotel selections.

Archived