Millennium not coming back to Caribbean in fall 2012

chessbriar

Oh well, Miami is pretty much a deal-killer for me. If Connie ends up there I won't be following her.

I am hoping that Celebrity gets the big bucks they're hoping for in Europe. I don't see it happening, but that is just me....

I will always find a ship to sail on. It may not be a Celebrity ship but it will be comparable.

with so many ships cruising from Europe, Australia & Asia...I wonder if Celebrity will offer 2 for 1 discounts and free airfare like many Oceania offers..?

Otherwise these are going to be very expensive vacations--

Hi, Rick

Thanks for your '' heads up '' posts; highly useful.

One thought that immediately came to mind :

** Solstice is ending her Europe 2012 assignments by transiting via Middle East /Asia to Australia for the 2012/2013 winter.

** Millie is ending her Alaska 2012 assignements by transiting to the SouthPacific and Asia for the 2012/2013 winter.

****Therefore, what's the betting that spring 2013 will see Millie reversing what Solstice is doing ( fall 2012) and ending up in Europe from HongKong for summer 2013....and Solstice will get back accross the Pacific to either Seattle or Vancouver for the Alaska season 2013 ??

( thinking more forward, would mean that Solstice would be on a Alaska/Australia deployment on a constant format....)

A simple swap of ships from where they are summer 2012, really, structured very creatively by Celebrity.

Also, as Century ,fall 2012, is NOT going to Australia but back to Florida, I don't think we have to fear for Connie's potential displacement winter 2012-2013...

My thoughts only.

Anybody else with some armchair quarterback views ? This is fun...

Cheers

Hi, Rick

Thanks for your '' heads up '' posts; highly useful.

One thought that immediately came to mind :

** Solstice is ending her Europe 2012 assignments by transiting via Middle East /Asia to Australia for the 2012/2013 winter.

** Millie is ending her Alaska 2012 assignements by transiting to the SouthPacific and Asia for the 2012/2013 winter.

****Therefore, what's the betting that spring 2013 will see Millie reversing what Solstice is doing ( fall 2012) and ending up in Europe from HongKong for summer 2013....and Solstice will get back accross the Pacific to either Seattle or Vancouver for the Alaska season 2013 ??

( thinking more forward, would mean that Solstice would be on a Alaska/Australia deployment on a constant format....)

A simple swap of ships from where they are summer 2012, really, structured very creatively by Celebrity.

Also, as Century ,fall 2012, is NOT going to Australia but back to Florida, I don't think we have to fear for Connie's potential displacement winter 2012-2013...

My thoughts only.

Anybody else with some armchair quarterback views ? This is fun...

Cheers

Just my tuppence worth ...

We are just back from Azamara SE Asia cruise. On board, it was made clear to us that they are deliberately mixing up the itineraries for their two ships so that no ship has a fixed geographic area of opperation. In 2012, Quest will be in South America and Journey in Asia. Perhaps Celebrity are doing the same. Not sure of the reason but, perhaps, it is to tempt those loyal to one particular ship into different itineraries.

Sue

Thanks for this information! :)

Before the cruise from Ensenada to Hawaii on Celebrity Millennium (Oct 22. 2012) will there be any other Hawaii cruises on Celebrity Millennium (very important) - for example in September 2012? ;)

Highly doubt it, before the October sailing she's coming through the Canal from Miami

Highly doubt it, before the October sailing she's coming through the Canal from Miami

Yes, I read something about the westbound Panama canal cruise starting Oct 07.

It's clear that she also is going on an eastbound Panama canal cruise the 23rd (or 24th) of September 2012 - but I meaned between her Alaska and Panama canal cruises! ;)

Hi Rick !

I'd never speak for Perry, but one of the things that makes his performance work so well, is how he connects with his audience. This takes time. I cant see how he can have that connection on short sailings... but that's just my opinion.

Let's just say I hope that Connie will not be doing 4/5 night sailings, and leave it at that. I will have a great deal more to say (I'm sure many of the Connie / Perry faithful will too !), should this prove to be fact.

Celebrity had better understand that many of their "customers" enjoy the 14 night cruises on the Connie and many of us book this ship in a large part because of both the number of days and spending each evening in Michael's Club with Perry Grant. My husband and I spent 14 days on the Eclipse in Feb. (B2B cruises) and it was a beautiful ship with great service. We felt the theatre entertainment was just ok and not geared to their cruising audience, which I would guess was in their 50's and 60's. There weren't as many things to do after the show and quite frankly the main thing that was missing for us was Perry Grant in Michael's Club. Thankfully, we will be boarding the Connie on Saturday and have wonderful nightly entertainment.

Archived