My cruise is cancelled!

kaj1436

I was giving the new itinerary for January 21 is:

Grand Turk

La Romana

Curacao

Aruba

I think this is a better intineray than the 7 day one I had. But then again I have never been to any of these ports so I don't know if they are good?

Wow . . .been contemplating our next cruise and looking at a Western just because all the itineraries looked like ones we'd already done some many times . . .this is something new and one I can't wait to have them put up so I can check out the prices! We're on the Valor this July doign the exotic Eastern and while I try to hit a different ship everytime I book, might not be able to pass this one up for July 2012 if offered.

I still think they should have given me the courtesy to rebook 9200 first before allowing anyone else to book it. It would have taken a phone call. That would have been good customer service. I'm curious how much was paid for that cabin. If they got the same price protection that I did then it is not fair..if they paid the new cruise fare then carnival is just being greedy.

Grand Turk

La Romana

Curacao

Aruba

I think this is a better intineray than the 7 day one I had. But then again I have never been to any of these ports so I don't know if they are good?

Wow, cool itinerary & extra day, would be cool to do one day. I am glad it worked out, but I can understand your frustration.

Have not read the whole thread yet but I need to cry on some one shoulder too.

We have 10 days to make a decision.

Any idea what the 6 and 8 day itinerary is?

why not just change my 7 day to 6 days.

I had a group heading out on an official group cruise on Valentines Day.

ALL those people--- waaaaa

For us, I like the Valor itinerary better because it at least leaves on a

weekend. The Miracle leaves in the middle of the week which leaves

us out. I do love those ports!!! Wish I could figure out where the

Feb 25th cruise is going???

Agree Linda and thank you to OP for posting this... I just left a message for my PVP re: have the Carnival Glory booked for March 18th but would love to switch to Valor if its the same date(s) ....

And I dont even care if I have to pay a bit extra or the $50 charge to change... Luv the new itinerary....

oh well... the week that we have Spring Break the Valor is giong Grand Cayman, Ochos Rios, Grand Turk and Nassau... not worth "jumping" ship for :(

I just called because I wanted to see if we should switch our Splendor cruise to the Valor (if it was doing the Aruba itinerary).

The 6 days are going to be the same as the Freedom 6 days - Key West, Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios.

The 8 day sailings in April 2012 are Nassau, Grand Turk, Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios.

It didn't sound like they knew the itineraries for May forward yet.

Oh well, sticking with our Splendor booking.

I'm waiting for the Miracle and Freedom itineraries for October 2012 to be posted. I'm really hoping for an Aruba cruise then, or at least something exciting. I think that's why it's taking so long for those ones to be published.

This past Feb we did Curacao and Aruba,Grand Turk and forgot the rest. We loved Curacao and Aruba. You don't have to be afraid to walk around. I wasn't nervous as I am in the Western. There is a great tour on Curacao too thru Carnival. We loved it. Tour guide was wonderful.

I booked the Liberty for January 28, 2012 going to Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Jamaica. They switched that itinerary to drop Jamaica and add Belize. I almost transferred the booking to the January 29, 2012 Valor sailing to gain Roatan as well. Glad I didn't cause it looks like that might only be a six day now if the 21st is going to be an eight day. Everyday matters to me. Wonder what the six day route is?

I was told the 6 day leaving on January 15 and 29th with ports being Key West, Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios

According to my booking the regular price for my cabin is $994/person for a 6J scenic oceanview. We paid significantly less than that for the original 7 day cruise so I'm happy...just waiting for my price protection to come through..I'll beleive it when I see it!

I was told the 6 day leaving on January 15 and 29th with ports being Key West, Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios

Yes, I can confirm the 6 day cruises are going to Key West, Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios. Now I gotta decide if the ship or the destination is important.

I booked the Valor because of the itinerary. Places I have not seen yet.

Been to the above many times over.

For us, I like the Valor itinerary better because it at least leaves on a

weekend. The Miracle leaves in the middle of the week which leaves

us out. I do love those ports!!! Wish I could figure out where the

Feb 25th cruise is going???

The Feb 25th will be canceled. Leaves now on the 26th for the 6 day cruise

Grand Turk

La Romana

Curacao

Aruba

As much as I despise Miami , I may have to book this one as well , I love the destinations .

Grand Turk

La Romana

Curacao

Aruba

We just did this itinerary on the Miracle in January....except we did a private island stop at Catalina Island in the Dominician Republic - instead of La Romana.

It was one of our best cruises - ever. The ports were AWESOME!! We had been to Aruba and Grand Turk before and Curacao was by far our favorite.

Just got off the phone with Carnival, the Feb 4th cruise that they offered us is St Thomas, Antigua, Tortola, and Bahamas. 4 FUN days at sea, not fun. We opted to have them move us to the Glory with the original date of the 5th and the original stops of Cozumel, Roatan, Grand Cayman and Belize. We have taken this exact cruise on this exact ship but it is new to my sister and her husband. They changed us for the same price that we paid (plus $3.94 in new government fees) and we ended up getting the same cabins that we had actually booked on the Valor, so no harm I guess, just don't like the time that we arrive in Roatan but we will work with it.

Yes, I can confirm the 6 day cruises are going to Key West, Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios. Now I gotta decide if the ship or the destination is important.

I booked the Valor because of the itinerary. Places I have not seen yet.

Been to the above many times over.

The Liberty leaves 2-11-12 to the same western itinerary as the Valor was doing. It is a Saturday to Saturday instead of the Sunday to Sunday .That might work for you.

We just did this itinerary on the Miracle in January....except we did a private island stop at Catalina Island in the Dominician Republic - instead of La Romana.

It was one of our best cruises - ever. The ports were AWESOME!! We had been to Aruba and Grand Turk before and Curacao was by far our favorite.

We own a time share in Aruba-- cant imagine going there by a cruise and only staying a few hours.

I was so upset when I read the "Carnival Cancellation" email. What upset me more than anything was the customer rep had no idea how to handle this. Every time I asked a question I was put on hold. There were 4 other rooms involved with this booking. We booked way ahead of time, to get the ship we wanted, itinerary we wanted, and rooms next to one another.

Carnival should have one or two phone lines dedicated to those of us in this situation with representatives that are aware of our needs and what our alternatives are.

They will reimburse us up to $200 for our airfare if there is a charge to change. But the $200 is with shipboard credit. That won't help with the airfare fee just make you spend on the ship. Thanks but no thanks. Give me $200 credit and reimburse me the airfare change fee!

Ten days to make a decision. But I've already made mine. Carnival lost 5 rooms to RCCL.

Grin and bear it. You have a lot of time still so you can rebook another ship for those dates. It sucks, but they are doing a fair number of changes and sometimes a ships schedule is changed. Do not be too mad, you are going to go on a cruise, so that is good!

I was looking into booking either the Glory or Valor for next President's week in Feb. (Feb. 19 sail date, to be exact) Was leaning way towards Valor, as I did the Glory this past Feb. (and this past summer, also) Anyone know the itinerary for that date - it may now be an 8 day cruise leaving the 18th, or so?

Happened to us too - my sister's and my families -- we booked the Valor for Feb school vacation (so not flexible) just 4 days ago - wish they knew then. We were on the phone with them for over an hour this morning and they had pretty much NOTHING to offer us in way of any kind of bonus. Changing to a different cruise was going to cost us extra money (30-200 dollars depending) and they wouldnt even comp that or give us an upgrade or anything. Most disappointing was that the only answer we got was "no, we can't do that" or "there's nothing we can do" - which is just plain bad customer service to have a reply like that. But they did tell us to "watch the prices" so then we can maybe get a lower price - yea, thanks (and doubtful given it's school vacation week).

They never mentioned the option of simply changing to an 8 day cruise on the Valor - like it wasn't an option. We ended up on the Glory same day and same itinerary for only a few dollars more - but that was the only other cruise we've taken together was on the Glory, different itinerary. We'll have a great time, no doubt, but still a bit annoying that they didn't seem to have a plan to deal with the number of people already booked.

My wife and I had a cruise booked for Thanksgiving this year leaving out of Mobile, Alabama on the Elation. Carnival canceled our cruise so we we were thinking ok, we will just book the same cruise out of New Orleans instead as the port there is closer to us anyway.

We call Carnival after learning of the cancellation and guess what? They ONLY wanted 319.00 more to sail out of New Orleans AND only offered us a measly 25.00 OBC pp.

PLUS.........this was only for an inside cabin when we had an OV booked on the other cruise!!!

We are NOT too happy with Carnival right now not so much for canceling the cruise, but for the price gouge and basically saying "Sorry, your loyalty is of no consequence and you will have to pay more for less....have a nice day!!"

CREEPS! Maybe NCL needs a little business..............

Archived