My cruise is cancelled!

kaj1436

My wife and I had a cruise booked for Thanksgiving this year leaving out of Mobile, Alabama on the Elation. Carnival canceled our cruise so we we were thinking ok, we will just book the same cruise out of New Orleans instead as the port there is closer to us anyway.

We call Carnival after learning of the cancellation and guess what? They ONLY wanted 319.00 more to sail out of New Orleans AND only offered us a measly 25.00 OBC pp.

PLUS.........this was only for an inside cabin when we had an OV booked on the other cruise!!!

We are NOT too happy with Carnival right now not so much for canceling the cruise, but for the price gouge and basically saying "Sorry, your loyalty is of no consequence and you will have to pay more for less....have a nice day!!"

CREEPS! Maybe NCL needs a little business..............

some people posted on CC that their cruises were price protected when they were forced to switch just like the OP's cruise is.:confused:

Bill

Haha, I booked SIX cruises with Carnival this year. I will be going on three of them. Carnival is 50/50 for me which is pretty sad, IMO. I travel a lot and this is the only time that anyone has ever canceled on me, let alone cancel 3 times! The Splendor ones I do understand but the third one is just annoying.

We decided not to rebook the third cancellation and we decided not to rebook the Splendor cruise. We'll probably do a short cruise to use up our 25% off credits we still have from the Splendor cruise and then call it quits with Carnival. It just gets annoying to constantly have to change travel plans, no matter how much heads up they give us.

by the way has anyone heard anything else about the splendor ship? I took a cruise on this ship when it was only months old (about 6 or 7) and of course we didnot ever think this kind of thing could happen to a new ship.

She has been back in service since Feb 20 and is running fine!

Princess cancelled two of our cruises with no renumeration and no offer to re-book. Just a "your cruise has been cancelled" e-mail. The one on the Star Princess from Rio to FLL was disappointing; the other was a short coastal cruise on the Coral Princess from San Francisco to Vancouver.

For some strange reason they decided, shortly after announcing the Star's cruise, to put into drydock more than a year later. Still don't understand that one.

As for the Coastal cruise; two days later I saw that that itinerary had been assigned the Island princess (same configuration). Most of us on the CC thread were able to get our same rooms, but why they didn't jsut offer us that option, instead of cancelling us, is still a mystery.

Then, of course, I suppose you could say that our November 4, 2010 Carnival Splendor Mexican Riv cruise that turned out to be a cruise to nowhere was cancelled, but we're getting a free cruise out of that one--but I suspect it won't be nearly as exciting.

Charlotte

Dear KAJ1346, did they let you switch for free from the 7 to an 8? No penalty.? I am on the 3/4/2012 valor and they said I could not switch for free to this one but to other 7 day ones was ok??

For free or for the difference?

If I switch to the Legend- going to the same ports as the Valor WAS going. Its going to cost me 250.00 more-

Well, I just got my answer. Checked around 5 a.m., and the "new" 6 and 8 day itineraries were up. Price is a bit more than I wanted to spend for President's week cruise, just for an extra day. And they are going to Falmouth, Jamaica!! Not too interested in that. Oh well, back to Glory for next year!

Dear KAJ1346, did they let you switch for free from the 7 to an 8? No penalty.? I am on the 3/4/2012 valor and they said I could not switch for free to this one but to other 7 day ones was ok??

Well you know when I posted that I will beleive it when I see it?? I was right!! I called Carnival back today to verify this supposed price protection and whom ever I spoke with yesterday made a mistake!!

This is so frustrating! They were only offering to change to another ship doing the exact same itinerary that the valor was doing. The only problem is that the other ships don't have the same 6J cabin catergory. I know the Liberty does have but it's not doing the western carribbean the week that I was booked so that didn't work out either. I'm really not happy with Carnival right now. I ended up just cancelling my reservation all together and getting a refund on my deposit. I may have to explore other cruiselines for our cruise for next year...just out of spite!!

Sorry I sparked some issues with everyone trying to get the same deal I did.....I knew it was too good to be true!! lol

Good luck everyone with their rebookings.

Well you know when I posted that I will beleive it when I see it?? I was right!! I called Carnival back today to verify this supposed price protection and whom ever I spoke with yesterday made a mistake!!

This is so frustrating! They were only offering to change to another ship doing the exact same itinerary that the valor was doing. The only problem is that the other ships don't have the same 6J cabin catergory. I know the Liberty does have but it's not doing the western carribbean the week that I was booked so that didn't work out either. I'm really not happy with Carnival right now. I ended up just cancelling my reservation all together and getting a refund on my deposit. I may have to explore other cruiselines for our cruise for next year...just out of spite!!

Sorry I sparked some issues with everyone trying to get the same deal I did.....I knew it was too good to be true!! lol

Good luck everyone with their rebookings.

Actually you did me a favor. We have wanted to do the Aruba run for awhile now and the dates have not worked out. This one is the same date as our Dream cruise.

Now if our TA will ever call back can get it done. Starting to remember why I preferred dealing with pvp.

We are booked on The Freedom 1-1-2012 and just got notified they have swithchd a port. St Thomas is now gone and La Romana is in. So disappointing but after reading this board at least I didn't get cancelled. The Glory sails the same itinery on the same dates so I could switch, but what if I pay the $200 (4ppl) and then the Glory switches routes?

On Carnival website I see where the Miracle is leaving Ft Lauderdale on an 8 day cruise leaving March 9 and I see the Freedom doing an 8 day leaving Ft Lauderdale on March 10th. Does anyone know what those 2 ships are doing when they return to Ft Lauderdale? Spring Break in Florida starts the following week :( so we can cruise either March 17th or 18th and can't find anything past those 2 dates...

On Carnival website I see where the Miracle is leaving Ft Lauderdale on an 8 day cruise leaving March 9 and I see the Freedom doing an 8 day leaving Ft Lauderdale on March 10th. Does anyone know what those 2 ships are doing when they return to Ft Lauderdale? Spring Break in Florida starts the following week :( so we can cruise either March 17th or 18th and can't find anything past those 2 dates...

The Freedom has a 6 Day leaving on March 18.

I may have to explore other cruiselines for our cruise for next year...just out of spite!!.

I tried looking at Princess sailings for our week. As much as I love Princess I am not willing to pay an extra 1000. to do so.

I tried looking at Princess sailings for our week. As much as I love Princess I am not willing to pay an extra 1000. to do so.

I know what you mean - Princess is way above Carnival right now. Did you look at Liberty out of Miami for that week?

Archived