My cruise is cancelled!

kaj1436

Does anyone know when the change to alternating 6 & 8 day itineraries begins? I am booked for the November 6th cruise on the Valor and have heard nothing. Does that mean that I am OK? My vacation time is fixed, so if this is changed, I need to rebook right away.

My notification states from January 15 - April 29 2012..so you are fine...

Not sure what's happening beyond April 29th?

I was giving the new itinerary for January 21 is:

Grand Turk

La Romana

Curacao

Aruba

I think this is a better intineray than the 7 day one I had. But then again I have never been to any of these ports so I don't know if they are good?

This is the same itinerary that I have booked on the Miracle in February 2012. Anyone know if the Miracle's itinerary is going to be changed? I can't see them having two ships doing identical itineraries, unless that one is so popular that the Miracle can't handle all of the bookings.

Grand Turk

La Romana

Curacao

Aruba

I think this is a better intineray than the 7 day one I had. But then again I have never been to any of these ports so I don't know if they are good?

That itin is sweet, I like it.

This is the same itinerary that I have booked on the Miracle in February 2012. Anyone know if the Miracle's itinerary is going to be changed? I can't see them having two ships doing identical itineraries, unless that one is so popular that the Miracle can't handle all of the bookings.

I think that's why. The itinerary is selling well. Also, they have quite a few ships doing the same western itinerary, so I think it's just supply and demand.

I was booked on the Destiny for Oct 13, 2011 and one week later they cancelled my cruise because they chartered the boat. I was offered nothing but full refund of my deposit or price protection to another sailing which I took. Then the charter was cancelled so I was invited back to my original cruise. Talk about being bounced around. You are far enough out that Carnival feels you can reschedule. As for me, I love Aruba and I would be happy they changed it. I actually had a timeshare there prekids and I hope to get back there on a cruise. Looking for May 2013 to celebrate my kids HS graduation...it will be here before you know it. I think you made out great!!

the good news is that I was able to rebook the 8 day at the same rate that I had for the 7 day...just leaving a day earlier

the bad news is that I lost my awsome cabin 9200...supposedly already booked(don't know how that happened so fast, I just received the notice this morning.) I still got a a scenic oceanview 9198 but it's not the 320 sq. ft. I was so looking forward to.

Oh well...guess I shouldn't complain too much...I wonder what the new prices would have been...that is the question. Then we will see how good of a deal I got. lol

Glad it turned out ok, sorry about the room but look at the bright side you get a extra day!:D

Grand Turk

La Romana

Curacao

Aruba

Cool...the Valor is going to Aruba?? Love it!!

If I'm not mistaken Valor had been doing the "Roatan loop" every week. I know that Miracle's prices on the Aruba run had been pretty steep so demand must have been strong. Seems like the beards are rethinking much of the 2012 season including the Mobile decision. I'd actually love them to use a Spirit class for a 12 day southern Caribbean run now and again. Personally I love east and south rather than west, especially from Florida.

I was booked on the Destiny for Oct 13, 2011 and one week later they cancelled my cruise because they chartered the boat. I was offered nothing but full refund of my deposit or price protection to another sailing which I took. Then the charter was cancelled so I was invited back to my original cruise. Talk about being bounced around. You are far enough out that Carnival feels you can reschedule. As for me, I love Aruba and I would be happy they changed it. I actually had a timeshare there prekids and I hope to get back there on a cruise. Looking for May 2013 to celebrate my kids HS graduation...it will be here before you know it. I think you made out great!!

Im right there with you on the HS Graduation Cruise:) Our Son too Graduates and we promised him a NICE cruise...lol

I'm so sorry for your loss. Getting that e-mail does really leave a hole in your heart I know. We where on Splendor sailing in Feb and prob 6 weeks before we got the email. No call of course. We have used the same PVP for a few cruises and I like him but I hear about everyone's AWESOME PVP and I really want to switch. too bad you could not share names on here:(

I felt helpless we where weeks away and had to replan everything. It all turned out great. Not the cruise we had planned but we still had fun!

I'm so happy you turned out OK able to get the price protection and same ship. Those ports sound great. Maybe I will have to look into that for our winter cruise for next year!! I too think you should of had first dibs on the room your had booked already!

Very strange went to the website and do not see this shown. I have a cruise on the Dream for that date and wonder if they would allow me to transfer it with ES.

Sure they will for $50pp.

I changed from the Dream to the Valor last year with ES, no problem.

Bill

Grand Turk

La Romana

Curacao

Aruba

Whoa...that is an AWESOME itinerary! I too hope they continue this one. Already have a December 2011 cruise booked but if that itinerary is available late 2012 I would definitely take a serious look at it.

Sure they will for $50pp.

I changed from the Dream to the Valor last year with ES, no problem.

Bill

Will wait a day and see what this will cost as I suspect the cruise will be more expensive than the Dream one.

Hoping since this is a new itinerary they will allow the transfer but probably would charge for it.

so is it worth a call to my pvp and letting her know that I am disappointed in her customer service?

While it's alwys nice to get more, I think you came out ahead.

I understand you didn't get the same cabin but since the cost of an 8 day is more then a 7,

I'm not sure how your pvp failed you.

Still, if you can get more by complaining, good luck.;)

I booked the Liberty for January 28, 2012 going to Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Jamaica. They switched that itinerary to drop Jamaica and add Belize. I almost transferred the booking to the January 29, 2012 Valor sailing to gain Roatan as well. Glad I didn't cause it looks like that might only be a six day now if the 21st is going to be an eight day. Everyday matters to me. Wonder what the six day route is?

Grand Turk

La Romana

Curacao

Aruba

The Destiny was doing a 7 day "dutch treat" back in 2001 (my honeymoon). She sailed to Aruba, Curacao, St Thomas (we went over to St John), and St Lucia. It was hands down the best cruise we ever took. The ports were awesome. I think what looked like a bad situation turned out to be a blessing in disguise. A better itinerary and an extra day for the same price! Good for you!!

Cool...the Valor is going to Aruba?? Love it!!

Agree Linda and thank you to OP for posting this... I just left a message for my PVP re: have the Carnival Glory booked for March 18th but would love to switch to Valor if its the same date(s) ....

And I dont even care if I have to pay a bit extra or the $50 charge to change... Luv the new itinerary....

I just got off the phone with Carnival and the rep I spoke with had NO clue what she was doing. I was first told that I would be charged for cancelling. I told her that they cancelled the cruise I didn't. I was than told that the only 7 day coming up for February 5, 2012 was the Glory with the same stops that I all ready have. It was a price increase from what my ES is and I would be responsible for the increase. I was told that there was not any 6 or 8 day cruises for my date and that I would have to take the Glory. I did not originally book on the Glory because it gets into Mahoganey Bay at 7 a.m.! I was told there was nothing she could do for me.

I have only ever sailed on Carnival, customer loyalty means nothing I guess.

Will wait a day and see what this will cost as I suspect the cruise will be more expensive than the Dream one.

Hoping since this is a new itinerary they will allow the transfer but probably would charge for it.

I imagine that the only way they'll change it for free is if you were on one of the canceled cruises.

I'll bet it's more expensive but I'd be willing to pay a little more for a cruise with some different itineraries and it does have an extra day.

I wonder what the itinerary is for the 6 day cruise?

Bill

Is the Valor going to continue sailing out of Miami, or will she start doing this cruises out of Ft. Lauderdale?

I am also curious if this means that the Miracle is moving somewhere else.

Hmm. Maybe starting in 2013 she will be the ship doing Alaska from now on???

I imagine that the only way they'll change it for free is if you were on one of the canceled cruises.

I'll bet it's more expensive but I'd be willing to pay a little more for a cruise with some different itineraries and it does have an extra day.

I wonder what the itinerary is for the 6 day cruise?

Bill

Maybe the 6 Day will be the same as what the Freedom is doing? Key West, Grand Cayman, and Ocho Rios?

Archived