Celtic Charms June 3 2012

Iceland climate in June is usually good. It is the second warmest month of the year (July being the warmest by 2 degrees). The typical high is 70 degrees -- low is 32. They also have 20-22 hours of sunlight.

The British Isles encompasses a lot of land with several different climates. We have been in England and Dublin in June when the weather was around 68 degrees. Weather can change easily. It could rain and be windy in the morning and turn sunny and warm in the afternoon.

June appears to be a great month to visit that area.

We were on this itinerary last May-June. Iceland was really nice. Perfect weather every day. It was in the high 60s to low 70s. All the Icelandic people were wearing shorts and tank tops! We were very comfortable.

It was cold and rainy in the Faroe Islands. I think it is that way most of the time.

Every day in Ireland and Scotland was beyond perfect. Sunny and warm but not hot. Only one day was pretty windy.

This is the ideal time of year to visit, though weather of course cannot be guaranteed.

I was in Iceland in a Regent cruise in late June. unfortunately the day in Reykjavik was miserable weather wise. It was raining buckets, awful raw and cold weather, and The Golden circle tour was unfortunately a waste of time. You never know with weather. luckily, we went back to Iceland a couple of years later, in August, and we had a glorious day in Reykjavik.

I was on the same cruise as Rachel and thought I was dreaming in Ireland, the weather was so perfect. You never know what to expect but I have always had better luck with weather in the British Isles in May or June.

I was also on the same cruise with RachelG and Threechicks last year but was in Ireland a few years prior at the same time of year. There is a reason that they refer to Ireland as Forty Shades of Green....rain but you get sunshine also. Just be prepared for rain, some sun, wind and cloudy weather and you'll be fine. Layers is the key word. You'll love the British Isles cruise and wish I was going back instead our future holds a June 2012 Med cruise. I don't do too well in hot weather so my concerns are the opposite.

We chose this cruise as we haven't really explored the British Isles and my husband has always had a yen to see Iceland. Now I'm concerned the weather might be cold and rainy. Has anyone done this itinerary and can you give me any feedback?

The weather could be cold and rainy. Certainly it is not as reliable as the Med or Siberia. However we do often have good fine spells in May and June. Just be prepared for anything.

Understanding that weather is highly variable, can you tell me whether mid-August is likely to be any worse or better than May/June? (not Iceland, just BI)

Thanks-- and please excuse the intrusion.

Understanding that weather is highly variable, can you tell me whether mid-August is likely to be any worse or better than May/June? (not Iceland, just BI)

Thanks-- and please excuse the intrusion.

poss :- anything from you is no intrusion.

I think it fair to say the weather in mid-August may be warmer than June and possibly more settled, but I do like the freshness of early summer. Nothing can be guaranteed though.

I'm a bit lost. Where do I find Rachels posts? Would be interested to read.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1207782&highlight=iceland

I will be away for a week. I am doing a land trip to Turkey as I am going to a robotics conference in Istanbul and leave early in the am. I will try to check back for any questions, but internet access may be hit and miss.

The highlight excursion for me last year was the Antrim Coast visiting The Giant's Causeway out of Belfast. It is at an additional cost and you're talking about 8 hours mostly on a bus but the scenery is do die for. Since I live in CA it reminded me of our coast along Carmel and the Giant's Causeway itself was worth the extra money and long bus ride. I love Ireland and will no doubt return but probably not to Northern Ireland so the opportunity to breathe in a place I've only seen pictures of was priceless. Hey, isn't that why we travel?

There's now a shorter Giants Causeway excursion (also with cost). I believe it's 5-6 hours instead of 8. We've signed for the shorter one-- I hope we'll not be missing the "best" sights.

Thanks for the opportunity to read your report, Rachel. I really enjoyed it.

I see that you live in a city where some of my in-laws live! I couldn't believe how big of a city it was the first time I was there. What a beautiful place to live!

Archived