OK, I get it: NO booze smuggling! But....

Cases of water are fine to bring on board.

Apparently cases/packs of juice are fine as well.

Do they have to be UN-OPENED CASES or can you just have a bag full of water/juice bottles?

What about a 10-pack of Capri Suns??? (Hey, my inner 9 year old loves those things haha!) :D But they aren't BOTTLES, they're pouches....does that matter?

I'm arranging to have a bar-setup in my cabin so I wanna be able to mix my booze with a lil juice and I have an un-opened pack of capri suns and am hoping to be able to use it.

Let me know if it'll work or if I'll have to get a pack of actual bottles and not pouches.

it's not the cases that need to be unopened, it's the bottles themselves. they check the seal on soda or water bottles to make sure people haven't refilled them with booze. you can bring cases or loose bottles, doesn't matter. just usually easier to pack or carry a case.

the capri sun pouches are fine.

We brought two Nalgenes (refillable water bottles) on and off each day on the POA and no one every blinked an eye.

We could have filled them with something else but didn't want to get in trouble!

HaHa, I love it. I teacher trying to smuggle for a good time. Don't get caught otherwise.....DETENTION!!!!:D

Um...Actually, the teacher in question is not trying to sneak at all. In fact, Travelin_Teacher0710 specifically mentioned ordering a bar setup and wants to know about whether we are allowed to bring soft beverages onboard with no trouble.

beachchick

We had a bar set up also. If it is only juice you use as mixers you also can order these from room service. We would get cranberry and orange juice delivered with coffee each morning and use it throughout the day. Also you can get juice from the buffet at any time--if you don't want to worry about packing juice. If you have very specific mixers you want then that's different.

We just went out of Port Canaveral with a 6-pak of coke and a gallon of water with no problems.

Incidentally, when we paid our wine corkage, they had a slip there for "small bottle Crown royal" and the $15 charge...didn't think that was allowed but saw it with my own eyes! :eek:

We brought 4 bottles of wine onboard thinking there was a 2-bottle pp limit but the guy said there was NO limit as long as you paid the corkage...must have been thinking of another cruise line. :)

Sadly, this thread is mis-labeled since it has nothing to do with smuggling.

As asked and discussed daily, bring soft drinks, water, etc onboard is not a problem. People do it everyday. Some bring whole cases. Some bring a few bottles. No problem at all.

Hate to say this but Port of Miami would not let us into the building (Dec 2010) with our sodas - even though they were sealed - this was not an NCL thing, it was just the way port security were behaving - big bins full of sealed cans/bottles - we were not impressed!

David

Hate to say this but Port of Miami would not let us into the building (Dec 2010) with our sodas - even though they were sealed - this was not an NCL thing, it was just the way port security were behaving - big bins full of sealed cans/bottles - we were not impressed!

David

I am happy we did not have that problem there. I wonder why it happened?

Um...Actually, the teacher in question is not trying to sneak at all. In fact, Travelin_Teacher0710 specifically mentioned ordering a bar setup and wants to know about whether we are allowed to bring soft beverages onboard with no trouble.

beachchick

THANKS, BEACHCHICK, for having my back. :D

Do they have to be UN-OPENED CASES or can you just have a bag full of water/juice bottles?

What about a 10-pack of Capri Suns??? (Hey, my inner 9 year old loves those things haha!) :D But they aren't BOTTLES, they're pouches....does that matter?

I'm arranging to have a bar-setup in my cabin so I wanna be able to mix my booze with a lil juice and I have an un-opened pack of capri suns and am hoping to be able to use it.

Let me know if it'll work or if I'll have to get a pack of actual bottles and not pouches.

you will be just fine.

So, how do you go about having a bar set up in your cabin? Are bottles of vodka, gin, etc.. available for purchase and consumption on board?

CruiseLover,

Yeah I just found out about this yesterday from a thread on here. Apparently you just call NCL before your trip and set it up. I know one person who called yesterday and reported it was $60 to have a bottle of Bacardi in their cabin upon arrival that they could take with them anywhere they wanted on the ship.

I called to set mine up today but was given the run-around both via phone and email. Sooo.... if you try and set it up I hope you have better luck than me!

Ha! Literally right after I sent my 1st reply NCL called me back and I was able to set it up. $63 for a bottle of Bacardi in my cabin upon arrival.

Other bottles were like $84 or $103 (for top shelf rum) and the prices were almost exactly the same for vodka.

I called Ana at 1 800-327-9020 x7609

You've gotta call at least 48 hours before the ship embarks and her office closes at 7pm(EST).

HOPE THIS HELPS!!

Just ordered the bar set up, one bottle of Bacardi, $63. Cheaper than the bars. I had to call customer service on the matter. Two emails to the event email everyone is pushing did not work

Sailing next week

When I was looking at purchasing my bar setup I used groupevent"ship"@ncl.com. For mine on the dawn it was groupeventdawn@ncl.com

This worked superb for any conversations I had with her. She always responded within about an hour. Ended up pre-purchasing more than just the bar setup.

I used GroupEventPEARL@ncl.com

No response after two emails, so I called and the nice lady could not find any of my emails. So we had a wonderful time ordering my bar set up. Who knows? Maybe I will have THREE bottles of rum.

KEN

We just went out of Port Canaveral with a 6-pak of coke and a gallon of water with no problems.

Incidentally, when we paid our wine corkage, they had a slip there for "small bottle Crown royal" and the $15 charge...didn't think that was allowed but saw it with my own eyes! :eek:

We brought 4 bottles of wine onboard thinking there was a 2-bottle pp limit but the guy said there was NO limit as long as you paid the corkage...must have been thinking of another cruise line. :)

So... can you carry on a nice bottle of sipping tequila (ex: Don Julio) and pay a $15 charge and have it in your room? :confused:

So... can you carry on a nice bottle of sipping tequila (ex: Don Julio) and pay a $15 charge and have it in your room? :confused:

No. You can only bring wine onboard and pay the $15/bottle consumption fee. You cannot bring beer or liquor.

beachchick

Just thought I would chime in, went on the Dawn 3/25 on got a fifth of Captain and a fifth of Coconut rum on just fine, put each one in a different suitcase...checked suitcases!!! I also brought the powder crystal light packets at made my own juice with the water and left it in the fridge...its worth the chance.

Archived