Show Your Bathing Suits-All Sizes

brooklynfc

wow im very impressed with all of you who showed yourselves in the suits! KUDOS!! I hate bathing suits personally, but I have purchased one from KOHLS. after losing 100 lbs, I HAD to buy a new suit (yay)! Tank-inis for this girl with a lil skirt cuz i'm NOT ok with the inner thighs yet... =)

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/swim/womens/mixandmatch/floral/PRD~c21791/SONOMA+life+++style+Floral+Swim+Separates.jsp

that's mine!

Awesome suit!!! And Hello congratulations on the weight loss that is freaking awesome!!:D

• 1 month later...
wow im very impressed with all of you who showed yourselves in the suits! KUDOS!! I hate bathing suits personally, but I have purchased one from KOHLS. after losing 100 lbs, I HAD to buy a new suit (yay)! Tank-inis for this girl with a lil skirt cuz i'm NOT ok with the inner thighs yet... =)

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/swim/womens/mixandmatch/floral/PRD~c21791/SONOMA+life+++style+Floral+Swim+Separates.jsp

that's mine!

Congrats on the weight loss! It feels so amazing to lose that much doesn't it? I've lost 92 myself so I had to go out and buy new everything this summer.

I don't have a good picture of me in my swimsuit... so I'll just post a link to what I bought this year (in a size 12!!)

http://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?GrpTyp=PRD&ItemID=1ad059b&CF=Black&DeptID=70656&CatID=81005&SO=0&Ne=4294957900+5+29+3+11+598+8+1031+18+904+833+949&CatSel=4294935029%7cone-piece&NOffset=0&shopperType=G&N=269+4294935029+4294949520+4294964037&Nao=0&PSO=0&CmCatId=external|81005

• 2 weeks later...

decided I needed a one piece...........without a skirt. Not really for the cruise as much as it is for swimming laps in the pool. bathing suits with skirts and such don't do well with laps. But I will probably wear this one on the cruise.

It has straps (you can see one hanging in the background, but you can go strapless too. Sorry for the bad picture.

IMG_4958.jpg

Its Old Navy and they did have it in solid navy.

Hey Brooklyn, what a neat thread!

I am still waaaaay over 400 days away from my next cruise, but i have to look at every thread to keep myself occupied until the big day gets here. *sigh*

I live in NYC and I buy lots of bathing suits since I also swim several times a week at my gym.

I get a lot of my suits at TJMaxx when they have sales and such. I can often find one for $19.99 or so and they frequently have a tummy tamer, a very good bra and no skirt. I agree that those skirts are deathly when trying to swim any kind of laps.

I just ordered this suit. A bit expensive but since I am a bigger girl I think it will be flattering:

AAAADIzBVwYAAAAAAEyb3g.jpg?v=1242649875000

In black

I looked at this one, but I have one similar to it. It is super cute though. The one I have is more of a 50s style top part, but the gathering in the middle is very flattering.

I bought this one for my last cruise and loved it! The gathers are very flattering.

How well does it stay down? I have large hips and the problem I have with things like this is that it rolls up. Just curious. Saw something like this on LB and loved the retro style, but figured it would fit right.

How well does it stay down? I have large hips and the problem I have with things like this is that it rolls up. Just curious. Saw something like this on LB and loved the retro style, but figured it would fit right.

I have large hips, too, and this was initially an issue with this suit. When we were walking around a lot the first day I kept having to pull it down but that night I fiddled with the drawstrings on the sides and loosened it at the bottom. Problem solved! I got this one at avenue last summer and am very pleased with the fit as well quality.

i bought this one at sears 2 years ago but i chickened out. I only wear shorts in my home and only dd and dh see me-lol! I likes the top because if i tie the straps around the neck really tight it kinda holds the girls up. I'm not sure if it will fit since i've gained weight. One issue i have with the suit is finding one that gives my girls support. What do you all do for that cuz mine really need support. Is there some secret thingy you can use to lift your breast without it being noticeable??? I need to look for another swim suit just incase. I cruise in jan.

Oh and I need to find some nice cute swim shorts that can be used on the slides- Thanks

http://www.landsend.com/pp/BeachLivingVneckTankiniSwimsuitTop~215868_59.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::HME&CM_MERCH=IDX_Swimwear-_-Sale

Over the years, I've spent a ton of $$$ on bathing suits and they ran the gamut from extremely inexpensive to ones that bore well-known names and where I had to hide the bill from hubby. :o Finally I discovered Lands End. I really like the quality and I can buy separates so that each piece fits properly. I love the three piece suits where you get a top, panties and a matching swim skirt.

I saw this bathing suit at one of the high end department stores website for $150 :eek:(it's a miraclesuit) and I fell in love. It covers in all right areas but I could not and would not pay that much for the suit. I went on to ebay to see if someone might have had this suit and I was in luck. There is was brand new with the tags. I won the bathing suitfor 36.01. I couldn't believe my luck!!!

68826mir?$multiproductpage$

I have a Miraclesuit and did pay that much for it. :o Yes mine looks great - it's a royal blue. But these suits fit differently from any other suit I've had. They are virtually all spandex and you literally have to roll them on. Good luck to you if you have to go to the washroom and if that suit's wet..... :D

I was looking for another Speedo Endurance suit and did a web search and found the Swimsuits For All site somebody mentioned earlier. I found some styles I really liked, plus a cute cover-up.

Here's the blue one:

http://www.swimsuitsforall.com/products/shop-by-brand/plus-sizes-18w-24w/beach-belle/one-piece/Chic-Nile-Lily-Plus-Size-Sarong-Front-Swimsuit-by-Beach-Belle

The black and white one:

http://www.swimsuitsforall.com/products/shop-by-brand/plus-sizes-18w-24w/beach-belle/one-piece/Classic-Wild-Orchid-Plus-Size-Sarong-Front-Swimsuit-by-Beach-Belle

The no-nonsense "working" suit for swimming laps and water aerobics in black:

http://www.swimsuitsforall.com/products/sale/plus-sizes-18w-24w/19.99-29.98/Chlorine-Resistant-Moderate-Piped-Ultraback-Plus-Size-Swimsuit-by-Speedo

And the cover-up: Oo-la-la! in black

http://www.swimsuitsforall.com/products/shop-by-brand/plus-sizes-18w-24w/beach-belle/beach-cover-up/Elegant-Styling-Coverage-Bora-Bora-Plus-Size-Tunic-by-Beach-Belle

I've recently lost 25 lbs and needed something that goes POW!

cute suit, too bad they put a real 'plus size' model in it...to be real to the rest of us...she should have been at least a size 10! I have to use my imagination to picture my size 16-18 butt in it:eek:! Oh, well, it's a cute suit anyway.

We had a stop at a day at Orient Beach on our first cruise (which we only returned home from last week). Dh was really begging me to think outside the box when I was swimsuit shopping for this cruise. I usually end up with a sporty 2 piece...we have 4 children that I'm usually chasing on the beach, not much time for sexy suits ;)

He surprised me with a "gift" pre-cruise...he had ordered me a "bikini"...I think a roll of dental floss would have gone almost as far ;) But, I thought, what the hell! I refused to wear the bottoms...I could only imagine the burn I'd get on my cheeks if I went with his choice :p So, I kept an eye in different ports, looking for a compromise between his choice & mine...found the bottoms at a swimsuit shop in Antigua.

IMG_6477.jpg

Now...they can sit in the back of my closet, incase we ever return to Orient Beach again!

This is a bikini that I bought at Macys and I LOVE it! I wore this on our Celebrity cruise on Equinox in April. I work so hard to stay in shape - Zumba once or twice a week, lots of Eliptical at the gym and I do watch what I eat. I used to wear a tankini or two piece with a higher waist because I thought a bikini would make me look bigger. The lower bikini actually makes me look and feel better. For those who say "older" women shouldn't wear bikinis, I will be 50 next year! :) I don't look as good as I did 20 years ago but I am proud of the way I look now. :)

1595738617_CelebrityEquinoxApril12011250.jpg.26c9e64bc442b63514bc972e4475d34e.jpg

This is a bikini that I bought at Macys and I LOVE it! I wore this on our Celebrity cruise on Equinox in April. I work so hard to stay in shape - Zumba once or twice a week, lots of Eliptical at the gym and I do watch what I eat. I used to wear a tankini or two piece with a higher waist because I thought a bikini would make me look bigger. The lower bikini actually makes me look and feel better. For those who say "older" women shouldn't wear bikinis, I will be 50 next year! :) I don't look as good as I did 20 years ago but I am proud of the way I look now. :)

You look great!!! And that bikini is very nice. I would wear it too, if I could. Maybe I should take Zumba dancing... not sure I could do eliptical's though;)!

I am of an interesting size.... 5' tall, bra size 32DD, and no booty!

I have been trapped in the string bikini for years because it's the only swimsuit versatile and adjustable enough for me...

th_IMG_2976r.jpg

My tall guy shows how miniature I am. :D

th_DSCN8344.jpg

I'm on the left.

I've tried the bandeau top, but I think it makes my chest look massive and uni-booby.

th_DSCN7621r.jpg

The downsize is that I feel like I'm stuck in a style rut. Positive is that I have really defined tanlines. :D I'd really like an underwire swimsuit, but all of the trendy suits like from Victoria's Secret begin at a 34DD, and because of my small body frame, I can't go up to a 34 because then the cups will sit too far apart on my chest. (It's funny because my name is Victoria, but I can't even get underwear from "my" store because they don't carry my size! :() Does anyone know of a store that carries underwire tops in a 32DD that are youthful and don't look like underwear?

Okay, I posted my bathing suits I bought for my October cruise on my blog. I think I feel a little sick on the stomach....:rolleyes:....did I mention I was in them:eek:!

Thought it might be a new post.....probably won't catch on......probably the only idiot out there to do this.:p Oh well.

http://fatgirlperspective.blogspot.com/2011/04/am-i-really-doing-this.html

Those are nice suits! Really cute!

Archived