Show Your Bathing Suits-All Sizes

brooklynfc

I just bought this one online:

http://www.landsend.com/pp/AlloverControlSlenderGrecianSwimsuit~180862_593.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::BAP&CM_MERCH=IDX_Swimwear-_-Women-_-ShopbyCollection-_-AlloverControl&origin=index

I tried it on in the store, and it looked great! Very slimming and forgiving. I only ended up buying online because I really needed to get the bra sizing, as it was a bit snug over the girls. Plus - they are running 30% off promo, so i saved more than the shipping and tax......

I would highly recommend, I am not thin by any means (size 14) and i was very please when i tried it on. If you have a sears nearby, you can run in and try it on for sizing.

That's a lovely suit - nice detailing at the top too.

To my joy (and hubby's horror;)) I discovered through your link that they have a UK site too:D

Nice suits on there - I like this one in particular http://www.landsend.co.uk/pp/Scoopneck-Dot-Tankini-Top-~11833_59.html?bcc=y&CM_MERCH=IDX_00006__0000002377&origin=index and it's SPF 50 too - a big plus for me.

That's a lovely suit - nice detailing at the top too.

To my joy (and hubby's horror;)) I discovered through your link that they have a UK site too:D

Nice suits on there - I like this one in particular http://www.landsend.co.uk/pp/Scoopneck-Dot-Tankini-Top-~11833_59.html?bcc=y&CM_MERCH=IDX_00006__0000002377&origin=index and it's SPF 50 too - a big plus for me.

Great suit! I have had great luck with lands end suits. They wear very well. As a plus almost half of their suits offer bra top sizing! :)

Okay, I posted my bathing suits I bought for my October cruise on my blog. I think I feel a little sick on the stomach....:rolleyes:....did I mention I was in them:eek:!

Thought it might be a new post.....probably won't catch on......probably the only idiot out there to do this.:p Oh well.

http://fatgirlperspective.blogspot.com/2011/04/am-i-really-doing-this.html

You chose well - they are very flattering!

Since everybody is showing there swimsuits..How about a guys perspective. Im not a typical out of shape hairy slob most see wearing Speedos...Im sure that most of you hate Speedos, I find it unfair..So Im posting one of me wearing one of several pairs I own. I take most of them on cruises, and i wear them at the local lake while boating. The second pic of me holding a Airchair was taken a few years back at the lake.

1747766562_backyardinaspeedonexttodeck.jpg.e41570b3452a77292c1b708687b57374.jpg

652074851_mein2004.jpg.5c04787e00604bc057c08fdf41337092.jpg

Since everybody is showing there swimsuits..How about a guys perspective. Im not a typical out of shape hairy slob most see wearing Speedos...Im sure that most of you hate Speedos, I find it unfair..So Im posting one of me wearing one of several pairs I own. I take most of them on cruises, and i wear them at the local lake while boating. The second pic of me holding a Airchair was taken a few years back at the lake.

I put all sizes......maybe I should have put all sexes too.

I put all sizes......maybe I should have put all sexes too.

Nope..I never thought that the "fasion and styles" only applyed to women as there were some male topics as well. I can understand your theary of swimsuits of all sizes, plus the typical male swimsuit only comes in one type that "society" approves of.. And that is Boardshorts! Pretty boring suit to discuss if i may ask..LOL. Im one to not dress by societys rules. I dress for me.

This is the one that I just ordered:

http://www.lanebryant.com/plus-size-swimwear/separates/floral-plunge-swim-tank/17472c635p92265/index.pro?Mcatn=separates&Mcatpn=swim&Mcatg=category_root&Mcatp=cat_17472%406000&Mcat=635%406000

It shows a little more cleveage than I normally am comfy with but DH loves it.. so we'll see!

This is the one that I just ordered:

http://www.lanebryant.com/plus-size-swimwear/separates/floral-plunge-swim-tank/17472c635p92265/index.pro?Mcatn=separates&Mcatpn=swim&Mcatg=category_root&Mcatp=cat_17472%406000&Mcat=635%406000

It shows a little more cleveage than I normally am comfy with but DH loves it.. so we'll see!

I love this one!

Here's one of mine:

100_5800.jpg

I don't know if I have a picture of my current one that I wear most often

Very cute. Thought about one like this from alwaysforme. I have one similar with the ruching from Fashion Bug, but the spandex has lost its dexterity. It was so good at hiding the bad parts though.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't been shopping in MONTHS but since we booked our first cruise on NCL's Jewel for August I've been shopping non-stop for swimwear, sandals and maxi dresses!

After ordering around 6-7 suits from ONESTOPPLUS I settled on these two:

This one is really slimming:

SS-BLUE.jpg.18fd59640c2a2e26d6fd5b13814340d7.jpg

I like this one because I'm short-waisted and it creates a longer line and covers my belly bulge:

SS-YELLOW.jpg.a4d9ec84e58b3fc2f0e17ff78304e513.jpg

These are both blue and I'm having a hard time trying to find a coordinating cover-up--navy is really not "in" this year and most coverups are either black or white. I would really love an oversized sheer or crinkle cotton 3/4 length sleeve shirt in either navy or white but haven't found one. I'm also thinking about picking up one more suit in black but I haven't ordered it yet:

SS-BLACK.jpg.18346dd3d8a7e9eed612c0305018f2f5.jpg

I've already spent a fortune (not to mention $$ in return postage!) and haven't even boarded the boat! :eek: I mean, how many swimsuits do I really need?? :confused:

I haven't been shopping in MONTHS but since we booked our first cruise on NCL's Jewel for August I've been shopping non-stop for swimwear, sandals and maxi dresses!

After ordering around 6-7 suits from ONESTOPPLUS I settled on these two:

This one is really slimming:

[ATTACH]195687[/ATTACH]

I like this one because I'm short-waisted and it creates a longer line and covers my belly bulge:

[ATTACH]195688[/ATTACH]

These are both blue and I'm having a hard time trying to find a coordinating cover-up--navy is really not "in" this year and most coverups are either black or white. I would really love an oversized sheer or crinkle cotton 3/4 length sleeve shirt in either navy or white but haven't found one. I'm also thinking about picking up one more suit in black but I haven't ordered it yet:

[ATTACH]195689[/ATTACH]

I've already spent a fortune (not to mention $$ in return postage!) and haven't even boarded the boat! :eek: I mean, how many swimsuits do I really need?? :confused:

Tried Old Navy? I know they have a nice white one in the plus size section, maybe the reg. too.

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=68509&vid=1&pid=839458&scid=839458002

Hi Sec89, BrooklynNFC,

Thanks for the suggestions. I did check out Venus but I didn't want to spend that much for a coverup. I just ordered a white one from--of all places--K-mart:

135752600_coverup.jpg.3061de69d24e4491e0a485dcaee6b824.jpg

It's not a gauze shirt as I first described but I do like the way dolman sleeves look on me.

I think I'm done shopping for awhile....:rolleyes:

Very cute. Thought about one like this from alwaysforme. I have one similar with the ruching from Fashion Bug, but the spandex has lost its dexterity. It was so good at hiding the bad parts though.

Cute suit, is it a 1 piece or tanki set? I have been looking for bottoms like that in black.

Archived