Show Your Bathing Suits-All Sizes

brooklynfc

I am of an interesting size.... 5' tall, bra size 32DD, and no booty!

I have been trapped in the string bikini for years because it's the only swimsuit versatile and adjustable enough for me...

th_IMG_2976r.jpg

My tall guy shows how miniature I am. :D

th_DSCN8344.jpg

I'm on the left.

I've tried the bandeau top, but I think it makes my chest look massive and uni-booby.

th_DSCN7621r.jpg

The downsize is that I feel like I'm stuck in a style rut. Positive is that I have really defined tanlines. :D I'd really like an underwire swimsuit, but all of the trendy suits like from Victoria's Secret begin at a 34DD, and because of my small body frame, I can't go up to a 34 because then the cups will sit too far apart on my chest. (It's funny because my name is Victoria, but I can't even get underwear from "my" store because they don't carry my size! :() Does anyone know of a store that carries underwire tops in a 32DD that are youthful and don't look like underwear?

Check out sunsetsinc . com They might have the size you are looking for! Their suits are really nice. I bought some pieces at a local store for a cruise at the beginning of the year... as a chubby cruiser I felt good wearing them. But... I have since lost weight and am looking forward to buying some new ones!

Big Girl Bras has some cute bikini tops in 32DD! If you google 32DD swimsuits you might find some others!

Bravissimo makes bras, clothes and bathing suits for those with boobs that are D and above (to J) the back size starts at 28.

I'm tall, but a 32G so I feel your pain.

http://www.bravissimo.com/

They have shops in the UK (and maybe the US?) but they ship to lots of places. Prices aren't cheap, but they last.

I love the camisoles with the thin staps and a built in bra.

Sorry to get off thread - the swimsuit that I bought

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10001_10001_064020222260_-1?breadcrumb=Home%7EWomen%7ESwimwear+%26amp%3B+beachwear%7ESwimsuits

It has a skirt and ruched tummy and a detachable halter neck (need the support up top!).

I love this suit! Thankyou! :DHave now ordered it to come to Australia.

We simply cannot get this kind of swim wear here - they dont know about 'skirts'.

Hi, I got a new suit....well, they are separates;). I got a pair of

black bottoms at Steinmart on the clearance rack:D and I love them.

They cover me where I want to be covered and even have pockets!

And they were only 7.50 and no tax either!:). They look more like

shorts but are definitely bathing suit bottoms. They did not have tops

in my size though so..........

I went to Target yesterday and they still have good selection of

separates and I found a great top. I tried to find a photo online but

nothing came up. It is black and white in the front (zebra print) with

solid black on the sides. There is gathering/ruching in the front too and it seems

to be quite slimming in my flawed areas....the straps criss/cross in the

back and I can't recall wearing this style before but I really like it:)

I usually prefer regular straps on each shoulder but this one fits and

feels good on me.

I am sailing to Bermuda 3 weeks from today and will get a photo

at Horseshoe Bay:)

Oh, looking at the top, I should have said the sides AND back are

solid black...the zebra print is on the front only.

And my other 2 suits~they are both blouson style tops...one is in muted

tones of blues/teals and the other is muted tones of reds/lavenders.

Hi, I got a new suit....well, they are separates;). I got a pair of

black bottoms at Steinmart on the clearance rack:D and I love them.

They cover me where I want to be covered and even have pockets!

And they were only 7.50 and no tax either!:). They look more like

shorts but are definitely bathing suit bottoms. They did not have tops

in my size though so..........

I went to Target yesterday and they still have good selection of

separates and I found a great top. I tried to find a photo online but

nothing came up. It is black and white in the front (zebra print) with

solid black on the sides. There is gathering/ruching in the front too and it seems

to be quite slimming in my flawed areas....the straps criss/cross in the

back and I can't recall wearing this style before but I really like it:)

I usually prefer regular straps on each shoulder but this one fits and

feels good on me.

I am sailing to Bermuda 3 weeks from today and will get a photo

at Horseshoe Bay:)

Hi Lois! Sounds like you had another successful shopping day.

Wishing you the best Bermuda cruise! Can't wait to see your photos. ;)

Hi Karen:) I hope the weather clears up so I can wear those suits;)

I know the NY, NJ area is raining today.

I just got home from seeing my Dad.....he was 90 last month.

I know you know all about it....there is nothing for us to celebrate

anymore:(

Hi Karen:) I hope the weather clears up so I can wear those suits;)

I know the NY, NJ area is raining today.

I just got home from seeing my Dad.....he was 90 last month.

I know you know all about it....there is nothing for us to celebrate

anymore:(

Celebrate in your heart that he's had 90 years. ;)

Back to the topic. Your bathing suits will do just fine in the rain! :D

• 3 weeks later...
so I've never liked swimsuit shopping.

Sorry to get off thread - the swimsuit that I bought

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10001_10001_064020222260_-1?breadcrumb=Home%7EWomen%7ESwimwear+%26amp%3B+beachwear%7ESwimsuits

It has a skirt and ruched tummy and a detachable halter neck (need the support up top!).

I bought this suit and it just arrived here in Australia. Thankyou for the idea, this bathing suit is super cute!

• 2 weeks later...

It totally pays to be patient. So happy I just bought this dress, in peacock blue:

111111003535_063_T?$216x270$

I noticed it a few months ago at Spiegel.com, and didn't want to pay full price (I hate paying full price when I don't have to). A few weeks ago I saw the price come down to $29...but I got it for even less. Here's the link, I found code 163 for an extra 15% off at retailmenot.com:

http://www.spiegel.com/shop/product_single.aspx?style_id=43476272&index=19&gp_coll_id=5007&gp_cat_id=5008&nav_cat_id=10784&category_id=16363

So happy! I'll be wearing this in a couple weeks on the Serenade of the Seas. This style of one-piece is my fave on me :)

Host Faith!

I am a lurker of this board in general and peeked in on this thread. I wanted to thank you so much for posting this swimsuit!! I ended up getting it in 2 colors for $19 each and was exactly what I was looking for with my long torso and still some postbaby 'issues'! :D

Just wanted to let you know how helpful your post was,

Karen

Host Faith!

I am a lurker of this board in general and peeked in on this thread. I wanted to thank you so much for posting this swimsuit!! I ended up getting it in 2 colors for $19 each and was exactly what I was looking for with my long torso and still some postbaby 'issues'! :D

Just wanted to let you know how helpful your post was,

Karen

Hi Karen! So happy you were able to buy the suits! One of my friends got a couple too. I think I'm going to go back and get the red one as well. Glad my post was helpful, I'm sure you'll look fabulous :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just read through this wonderful thread! I love it!!! All of the suits are sooo cute! It inspired me to shop for a new suit for my cruise that's coming up(one of my least favorite things to shop for)...wanted to let everyone know that Spiegel has all their suits for $15 and separates are $7...I just got 4 suits plus a free wristlet for less than $70 with shipping(there was an extra 15% off code 163)

http://www.spiegel.com/shop/product_single.aspx?style_id=43476272&index=19&gp_coll_id=5007&gp_cat_id=5008&nav_cat_id=10784&category_id=16363 (got this one in 2 colors)

http://www.spiegel.com/shop/product_single.aspx?style_id=43245272&index=32&gp_coll_id=5007&gp_cat_id=5008&nav_cat_id=10784&category_id=16363

http://www.spiegel.com/shop/product_single.aspx?style_id=43226272&index=41&gp_coll_id=5007&gp_cat_id=5008&nav_cat_id=10784&category_id=16363

Just read through this wonderful thread! I love it!!! All of the suits are sooo cute! It inspired me to shop for a new suit for my cruise that's coming up(one of my least favorite things to shop for)...wanted to let everyone know that Spiegel has all their suits for $15 and separates are $7...I just got 4 suits plus a free wristlet for less than $70 with shipping(there was an extra 15% off code 163)

http://www.spiegel.com/shop/product_single.aspx?style_id=43476272&index=19&gp_coll_id=5007&gp_cat_id=5008&nav_cat_id=10784&category_id=16363 (got this one in 2 colors)

http://www.spiegel.com/shop/product_single.aspx?style_id=43245272&index=32&gp_coll_id=5007&gp_cat_id=5008&nav_cat_id=10784&category_id=16363

http://www.spiegel.com/shop/product_single.aspx?style_id=43226272&index=41&gp_coll_id=5007&gp_cat_id=5008&nav_cat_id=10784&category_id=16363

LOVE the first one! I got it in blue and it's fabulous! I actually love all three of these, I wished they had the third one in blue as well. Great job on the discount code, and your total price! Enjoy, I'm always happy with their bathing suits. :)

LOVE the first one! I got it in blue and it's fabulous! I actually love all three of these, I wished they had the third one in blue as well. Great job on the discount code, and your total price! Enjoy, I'm always happy with their bathing suits. :)

I have you to thank! I looked because of your post! The third one does come in aqua..it's really pretty, but they didn't have my size in the blue. I'm so excited...can't wait to get them! The 3rd one is on backorder so I won't get it before this coming cruise, but it was too good of a deal to pass up! Maybe they have the aqua in your size...you can never have too many suits, right?;)

I have a ? for you plus sized ladies - I just bought a tankini halter style top. So, can you actually do serious swimming in one without slipage. I do not want to do a Nancy Grace in the Prisendam pool or elsewhere. thanks Shar

If it fits correctly, you shouldn't have a problem...at least I never have.

• 4 months later...

Just bought these two tops from Lane Bryant for 40%, the sale goes through Sunday.

pr_125001_ED.jpg

pr_123903_ED.jpg

I'm excited to see if the built in bras do the trick. I have the hardest time finding bathing suits (tankinis or full suits alike) that will fit my hips with out having my :eek: swimming in material up top.

I have a brown and black skirt bottom to wear, the black is actually too big now, but I'm gonna wait until the end of the season to buy more bottoms as I hope to lose more weight.

Just bought these two tops from Lane Bryant for 40%, the sale goes through Sunday.

pr_125001_ED.jpg

pr_123903_ED.jpg

I'm excited to see if the built in bras do the trick. I have the hardest time finding bathing suits (tankinis or full suits alike) that will fit my hips with out having my :eek: swimming in material up top.

I have a brown and black skirt bottom to wear, the black is actually too big now, but I'm gonna wait until the end of the season to buy more bottoms as I hope to lose more weight.

Brooke, those two tops are so cute!! Love them.

I just ordered this one yesterday from JCPenney. I like their free shipping to your local store. I discovered the awesomeness of giftcards.com this weekend, and bought a $40 gift card code for $34 to put toward the bathing suit.

Looking forward to wearing this suit. I normally wear different shades of blue so this one should be fun to wear.

0900631b81d56551T.jpg

Bathing suit link is here.

I just ordered this one yesterday from JCPenney. I like their free shipping to your local store. I discovered the awesomeness of giftcards.com this weekend, and bought a $40 gift card code for $34 to put toward the bathing suit.

Looking forward to wearing this suit. I normally wear different shades of blue so this one should be fun to wear.

0900631b81d56551T.jpg

Bathing suit link is here.

I love the more retro looks, they are so classy looking.

LB has ship to store too, I find it gets to the store quicker than it would my house, though I still have to drive 45 mins. to pick it up, but I normally have to go in to town on weekends, so no biggie.

Have you noticed that this year has a lot more fun designs and patterns than last year. Was so hard to find something cute last year.

I couldn't agree more. I HATE bathing suit shopping and usually end up deciding just to wear the same one I've had for the past three years. I was pleasantly surprised to find something I actually liked at the very first store I tried.

Archived