help - royal caribbean alcohol policy

:confused:hi guys

is it advisable to bring 1 bottle of spirits on board to drink in the stateroom. how strict are they?

If you read the 370 odd previous threads on the subject not only is it inadvisable but it is forbidden and if discovered via the scanner will be confiscated

HTH

is it advisable to bring 1 bottle of spirits on board to drink in the stateroom. how strict are they?

Is it advisable? no. Is it possible? yes. On all of our cruises we have managed to take in alcohol. Did we panic when our bags came late? yes. But, everything turned out to be fine. If you get caught they will not kick you off the ship and forbid you from RCI, all they will do is take it and give it back to you at the end. Live by my rule....when in doubt play stupid. lol. You didn't know you weren't allowed because you have been on other cruise ships before where you are. Some people may not agree (sorry guys) but after spending the money to take the cruise and, of course, buy new outfits...we haven't been able to afford the expense of drinking all night at the bar. Just make sure you spend some money on the ship to make it up to RCI :)

As others have stated, it is against RCI policy to bring your own alcohol on board. However, lots of people still try and are successful while others have their bottles confiscated and held until the last night of the cruise. If you really want to take some of your own alcohol on board, many here recommend using Rum Runner flasks. I haven't used them but apparently they don't show on the xray machine the same as a bottle does. You can order them online... http://www.rumrunnerflasks.com/ .

Just be aware that if you use rum runners and get caught, RCI will confiscate both the flasks and the alcohol and not return them.

Is it advisable? no. Is it possible? yes. On all of our cruises we have managed to take in alcohol. Did we panic when our bags came late? yes. But, everything turned out to be fine. If you get caught they will not kick you off the ship and forbid you from RCI, all they will do is take it and give it back to you at the end. Live by my rule....when in doubt play stupid. lol. You didn't know you weren't allowed because you have been on other cruise ships before where you are. Some people may not agree (sorry guys) but after spending the money to take the cruise and, of course, buy new outfits...we haven't been able to afford the expense of drinking all night at the bar. Just make sure you spend some money on the ship to make it up to RCI :)

Awesome reply! Yours should be an automatic post for the next 371 alcohol threads. Bravo!

As others have stated, it is against RCI policy to bring your own alcohol on board. However, lots of people still try and are successful while others have their bottles confiscated and held until the last night of the cruise. If you really want to take some of your own alcohol on board, many here recommend using Rum Runner flasks. I haven't used them but apparently they don't show on the xray machine the same as a bottle does. You can order them online... http://www.rumrunnerflasks.com/ .

Just be aware that if you use rum runners and get caught, RCI will confiscate both the flasks and the alcohol and not return them.

We always use Rum Runner Flasks on all the cruises we have taken....

The benefit outweighs the risk for us.

Not for all.. but for us.

They will detect bottles in your luggage, but as someone said above if you pour it into something else you should be okay. I haven't done it with alcohol but my brother has a belt with plastic bottles and he sneaks on quite a bit.

I did try to take a couple of bottles of Bordeaux wine wrapped in bubble wrap and plastic in my case but they were taken away.

You won't be thrown off the ship or penalized its just they take it away and give it back to you at the end of the cruise.

Yes it is advisable to bring spirits onboard. Not advisable to bring them

in a bottle. Use the Rum Runners. Zero aggravation or trouble, slight risk

of losing the booze.

The fact we spend thousands on a cruise indicates to me it is obvious that the small monetary savings is not the reason most of us do this.

You've paid thousands for a cruise and you are trying to save £20 by smuggling a bottle of spirits? Why?

Nope. Not at all. At least for us it's not a bit about saving money. Our bar bills can prove that. It's completely about convenience. Room service is just too darned slow and unpredictable and it's a real bother to go all the way to a bar to schlep drinks back to the cabin. Big tradition for us (and many others) to have a pre-dinner drink while getting cleaned up and dressed - or on the balcony before heading to MDR. Also tradition for us to have a small brandy on the balcony just before bed. If RCI had decent (speedy) room service or better yet allowed bottle purchase onboard to take to cabin we would not consider bringing our own.

You've paid thousands for a cruise and you are trying to save £20 by smuggling a bottle of spirits? Why?

Because at the rates they charge that $32.63 will (with the tip they add then the extra they expect) MAYBE get three drinks! Dunno about you but I expect some mileage from my dollar! I can instead gamble less than that amount to see if the goodies make it aboard and if not I just go sober for a few days and am still out less money.

We just returned from Voyager of the Seas out of Galveston. We were worried about a high bar bill and purchased Rum Rummers. Filled them with fairly inexpensive rum and whiskey. Didn't want to buy the really good stuff incase it was discovered. We filled them, packed them and successfully got them onboard with no issues. Ended up bringing back more than half of it back home. We ended up spending about $150 between hubby and I in bar bill.

In addition on day 1 a bartender flat out asked me if I had snuck any alcohol on board when I said no thank you to a drink when everyone else had ordered something. Even our stateroom attendant told us if we needed ice for any drinks we may have snuck onboard he'd be happy to bring us whatever we needed. We admitted to nothing!

Next time we'll take only a tiny bit of good stuff to have a night cap and not stress it. It wasn't worth it for us...

If you read the 370 odd previous threads on the subject not only is it inadvisable but it is forbidden and if discovered via the scanner will be confiscated

HTH

This has been discussed before?:eek:

Not to change the subject, but, can I wear flip flops, shorts, and a T-Shirt in the MDR on formal night?:rolleyes:

Yes. Try sneaking the booze on board. If you get caught, the worse will happen to you is a slap on the wrist and a trip to the brig for the rest of your cruise. ;-)

We always use Rum Runner Flasks on all the cruises we have taken....

The benefit outweighs the risk for us.

Not for all.. but for us.

My SIL used those for our family cruise in January. By the time he added the cost of the coke to the cost of the rum, he decided he didn't really save enough to make it worthwhile compared to my method of just finding a good bartender that does healthy pours.

This has been discussed before?:eek:

Not to change the subject, but, can I wear flip flops, shorts, and a T-Shirt in the MDR on formal night?:rolleyes:

Yes, but only if this apparel has been reserving an unused poolside deck chair since 7 am th_Super_Smilie_272.jpg.1dfd845907154a84ab6c441b0953136d.jpg

You can't count on it being returned the last night. Sometimes it is simply confiscated and not returned.

You are right.

If not in the original container, they've taken to pouring it out in front of the guest and handing them back the empty. I've witnessed people coming out with their empty bottle...angry. And yes I was there, retrieving my 24 pack of zepherhills H2O.

Gina

Archived