Third person rate more than First/Second Person

Twickenham

I have been pricing TA crossings on the QM2 recently, and there are some great specials out there. However, I have encountered a rather frustrating situation - the prices are so discounted that the 3rd person rate (which usually isn't discounted) is ending up being more than the 1st/2nd person rate! Now, I know from pricing at other times that Cunard doesn't discount their 3rd/4th person rates to the extent of some lines (notably HAL); however, I object to paying more for a less-comfortable bed!

My question, and I do have one, is: has anyone successfully managed to pay the 1st/2nd person rate for the 3rd person, when a similar situation arose?

I am not sure how you are reading the brochures but on the two occasions I have travelled with three in a cabin, the third person has always been heavily discounted. We have then totalled the prices and divided by three to cut the cost for all of us.

I am not sure how you are reading the brochures but on the two occasions I have travelled with three in a cabin, the third person has always been heavily discounted. We have then totalled the prices and divided by three to cut the cost for all of us.

I'm not reading the brochure, I'm actually doing a dummy booking on an online travel agency's site. Imputing my information - 2 seniors (my parents), 1 adult, resident of QC, and choosing to book a balcony cabin (cat. B1), this is the final pricing I'm getting:

Pricing Summary

PassengerFareTaxes/FeesFuel SurchargeTotal

#1)$895.00 $22.73 $63.00 $980.73 USD

#2)$895.00 $22.73 $63.00 $980.73 USD

#3)$947.00 $22.73 $63.00 $1,032.73 USD

Subtotal: $2,737.00 $68.19 $189.00 $2,994.19 USD

Grand Total: $2,994.19 USD

So you see, the 3rd person ends up paying $52 more than the other 2; not an enormous amount, I will grant you, but it still bugs!

Looks like you have a heavily discounted 1st/2nd rate ,possibly a FLASH rate (new booking , guarantee only) ? I never seen a FLASH rate for 3rd/4th?

They are trying to fill cabins on this sailing , with 2 guests .

Any how , it's total cabin cost that is important isn't it ?;)

In the past I always received a discount for the third person. However on my last cruise at christmas I did pay more for the third person. I was told by Cunard that it was because it was a christmas cruise and there was a higher demand for 3 or 4 person cabins hence the premium. I hope this isn't going to be a new trend with Cunard.Have you called to ask????

I ran into the same problem with Royal Caribbean. The group leader wanted to bring his son with him, but he was in a suite. Third person in a suite was more expensive than second in my cabin (I was single occupancy) so on paper, his son shared my cabin.

The rate promo is best available up to such and such a category at time of booking.

Only the 1st and 2nd passenger rates are discounted.

The third passenger is still at their normal extra person rate.

Archived