Come Cruise with Me-Jewel Review 4/8/11-Southern Caribbean/2,000+ Pics/Super Long

Personally, I really like the pace and content of this review. Read a bit, then look forward to more the next time I log on. It's constantly being added to, and it's the first thing I look for when I log on. 3+ weeks til I travel on Freedom of the Seas, and I find I'm hooked on this board and especially on this thread, as it's whetting my cruise appetite. Keep up the good work! Looking forward to reading more soon...

Personally, I really like the pace and content of this review. Read a bit, then look forward to more the next time I log on. It's constantly being added to, and it's the first thing I look for when I log on. 3+ weeks til I travel on Freedom of the Seas, and I find I'm hooked on this board and especially on this thread, as it's whetting my cruise appetite. Keep up the good work! Looking forward to reading more soon...

Good news for you then too, since I'm just fixing to put up a little from the start of Day 2 :D

Day 2 - It's Morning Already?

Figured we better start with a map for the geographically challenged

5651651921_d1a2796c83_z.jpg

I don't know if that's the route we actually took or not, but it looked good on google maps :-)

Got up around 8:45am. I like to get the exercise done early when possible, so I got ready and headed up to the jogging track. I have been running for about 5 months now. Before that it was the Insanity Workouts, P90X, Bike & Taebo. Along with this, I weight lift 5 days a week. I decided before we left that I would not lift weights on this cruise, as an opportunity to let a nagging should injury heal.

As I was jogging, the wife's uncle jumps out and catches a quick pic

5646303789_a85338ddd8_z.jpg

I ran for 55 minutes and got in 6 miles. The jogging track was quite busy. A lot of people walking, standing, serving as impressive road blocks, etc. I decide that tomorrow, I think I will do the treadmill.

Later on, I will discover that this little run on the track ends up being a problem for me later. "Why do you say that Curtis?" - "Well that's a tale for the end of the review, not now" - I reply back.

Around 10:15 am we got cleaned up to really start the day. Here's the wife, ready to party.

5646865504_a3ed36ccb9_z.jpg

We leave the room and wonder around the ship for a while. At 11:30, we head into the Windjammer for lunch.

Here's my first plate of food - Quite impressive isn't it?

5646305061_b809b94894_z.jpg

Here's something you need to know about me for this review. I am not a big fan of breakfast. The issue was, they were putting lunch out, so I got this plate to tide me over for the 3 minutes I had to wait for lunch.

So here's some lunch -- 11:30am is the perfect time to have lunch -- every bit of it is fresh and hot

5646869648_baa8526e45_z.jpg

And Dessert

5646870894_46f6f2cb42_z.jpg

Coming Up This Evening - Relaxing and Eating - Two of my Favorite Cruising Past Times & More

Day 2 - Rest & Relaxation

So after having lunch, we went to the Solarium. I love the size and decor of the Solariums on the Radiance class ships

5646777038_18d4d3d378_z.jpg

We found two seats pretty quickly and the other two of us sat around the pool. After about an hour, we gave up on finding two more seats and left.

We went up to the Viking Crown for a while. It was pretty much empty.

5646872446_401b4d8fc1_z.jpg

5646877652_8dbe329853_z.jpg

We found a nice area to relax right around the rock climbing wall.I did some reading (Brad Thor - Takedown). This was a nice place to stay for a while

5646325621_73216fce46_z.jpg

We passed some land about this time, so I got the camera out (of course)

5646894262_07394abbbc_z.jpg

Coming a little later tonight - It's time to eat again! - To the Windjammer we go - (and the Sea View Cafe?) - and much much more. . .

Aw, darn... I caught up. Hope there's more to read tomorrow. Now you have ME hooked, too, Curtis - and my husband as well. Seems like everybody who starts looking at your reviews keeps on coming back :D You've got some pretty loyal fans! Good job :)

That IPad comes in pretty handy, doesn't it? We're both taking ours so we have plenty of reading material. I realize we can't read in the sun, but I'm not a sun-worshiper anyway - we can read in the shade and in our room. Sure beats packing enough books to keep us happy for seven days at sea on our TA!

Curtis, WHAT IS THAT dessert??? It looks like a large intestine!! Im not a big fan of RCCI deserts, but this is really turning me off!

No worry's. It's small intestine :) -- Tastes like Chicken

as will773 said, it is soft serve ice cream minus the cone

Haha! I think that's ice cream ~minus the cone~! :D

You are correct sir!

Aw, darn... I caught up. Hope there's more to read tomorrow. Now you have ME hooked, too, Curtis - and my husband as well. Seems like everybody who starts looking at your reviews keeps on coming back :D You've got some pretty loyal fans! Good job :)

That IPad comes in pretty handy, doesn't it? We're taking ours so we have plenty of reading material. I realize we can't read in the sun, but I'm not a sun-worshiper anyway - we can read in the shade and in our room. Sure beats packs enough books to keep us happy for seven days at sea on our TA!

I'm not much of a sun worshiper either. I always look for the shade (mainly the solarium) and the iPad works great in the shade.

The onion tart & pork medallions are always a favorite of mine. It is a great way to start the cruise!

I do not like onions. (Except for the onion rings in the Seaview Cafe :eek::D)

But the pork medallions at dinner were delicious.

I also love.. love love... the escargot. This past cruise I had too much tequila and sun so by the time I got to dinner I had two bites of it and I was so nauseous that I had to leave dinner.

Day 2 - It's Morning Already?

Figured we better start with a map for the geographically challenged

5651651921_d1a2796c83_z.jpg

I don't know if that's the route we actually took or not, but it looked good on google maps :-)

Got up around 8:45am. I like to get the exercise done early when possible, so I got ready and headed up to the jogging track. I have been running for about 5 months now. Before that it was the Insanity Workouts, P90X, Bike & Taebo. Along with this, I weight lift 5 days a week. I decided before we left that I would not lift weights on this cruise, as an opportunity to let a nagging should injury heal.

As I was jogging, the wife's uncle jumps out and catches a quick pic

5646303789_a85338ddd8_z.jpg

I ran for 55 minutes and got in 6 miles. The jogging track was quite busy. A lot of people walking, standing, serving as impressive road blocks, etc. I decide that tomorrow, I think I will do the treadmill.

Later on, I will discover that this little run on the track ends up being a problem for me later. "Why do you say that Curtis?" - "Well that's a tale for the end of the review, not now" - I reply back.

Around 10:15 am we got cleaned up to really start the day. Here's the wife, ready to party.

5646865504_a3ed36ccb9_z.jpg

We leave the room and wonder around the ship for a while. At 11:30, we head into the Windjammer for lunch.

Here's my first plate of food - Quite impressive isn't it?

5646305061_b809b94894_z.jpg

Here's something you need to know about me for this review. I am not a big fan of breakfast. The issue was, they were putting lunch out, so I got this plate to tide me over for the 3 minutes I had to wait for lunch.

So here's some lunch -- 11:30am is the perfect time to have lunch -- every bit of it is fresh and hot

5646869648_baa8526e45_z.jpg

And Dessert

5646870894_46f6f2cb42_z.jpg

Coming Up This Evening - Relaxing and Eating - Two of my Favorite Cruising Past Times & More

I love that there is more food on the dessert plate!!! Great review keep it coming.

WOOHOO! I got one right! :D A small intestine.... that's too funny. :D

Definitely a good eye :eek::D

Another great Bionicman97 review! Keep up the leasurely, detailed pace. Savoring every moment of it!

Thanks so much :)

I do not like onions. (Except for the onion rings in the Seaview Cafe :eek::D)

But the pork medallions at dinner were delicious.

I also love.. love love... the escargot. This past cruise I had too much tequila and sun so by the time I got to dinner I had two bites of it and I was so nauseous that I had to leave dinner.

I'm not a big onion fan either, but I do love the tart ;)

I can imagine that combination (tequila+sun+escargot) could be pretty rough :eek:

I love that there is more food on the dessert plate!!! Great review keep it coming.

You will find that that is a common trend with me. I LOVE desserts :D

Sorry everyone that I haven't posted more yet. I am STILL working on my relatives computer!! Gotta love the google redirect virus.

I'm going to finish soon and go back home, hopefully I can get it going again before 10pm.

Thanks for the patience :)

Just got back from a late-night McDonalds run for the pregnant wife - she stated the baby needed fries - and found this site very "tempermantal" due to the maintenance. Good things are worth waiting for, so I'm sure your loyal followers will look forward to tomorrow's postings... I know I will. Have a good night!

Loving the review so far, but like everyone else, I so thought that ice cream was intestines, ick! Well, not really but it looked like that. I also though rolled silverware until I realized it wasn't the right size.

Thanks for letting us know what time they put the new food at- will definitely try to make the buffet at 11:30! Plus I bet it's not that crowded then since it's such an early lunch.

Good job on your 6 mile run too... waiting to see what happened though, as I'm a runner and planning to log a few miles on the jogging track myself (probably not 6 at once, though). I could imagine that would be really weird on one side of your body to run that many laps around a track in the same direction...

Sorry everyone that I haven't posted more yet. I am STILL working on my relatives computer!! Gotta love the google redirect virus.

I'm going to finish soon and go back home, hopefully I can get it going again before 10pm.

Thanks for the patience :)

Curtis,

Try downloading/running tdsskiller from Kapersky. If that doesn't work, try removing Google as a search provider and then adding it back. You could also try Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. I was on the cruise as well and have enjoyed your review.

No worry's. It's small intestine :) -- Tastes like Chicken

as will773 said, it is soft serve ice cream minus the cone

You are correct sir!

OK Curtis, you need to go to the nearest frozen yogurt shop, bring your uncle (we know he lives within 30 minutes and you do all his IT for free, so he owes you) and have him teach you how to make that ice cream look nice...just sayin':p

Just got back from a late-night McDonalds run for the pregnant wife - she stated the baby needed fries - and found this site very "tempermantal" due to the maintenance. Good things are worth waiting for, so I'm sure your loyal followers will look forward to tomorrow's postings... I know I will. Have a good night!

Thanks :) My wife hasn't had any of the late night cravings yet - she's out like a light by about 9:30 pm every night :eek:

Loving the review so far, but like everyone else, I so thought that ice cream was intestines, ick! Well, not really but it looked like that. I also though rolled silverware until I realized it wasn't the right size.

Thanks for letting us know what time they put the new food at- will definitely try to make the buffet at 11:30! Plus I bet it's not that crowded then since it's such an early lunch.

Good job on your 6 mile run too... waiting to see what happened though, as I'm a runner and planning to log a few miles on the jogging track myself (probably not 6 at once, though). I could imagine that would be really weird on one side of your body to run that many laps around a track in the same direction...

11:30 am is definitely a great time to get lunch. Like you said, it isn't crowded at all, you get first picks of everything :)

On the running, your headed in the right direction on my issue, but not quite - more to come later :D

Curtis,

Try downloading/running tdsskiller from Kapersky. If that doesn't work, try removing Google as a search provider and then adding it back. You could also try Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. I was on the cruise as well and have enjoyed your review.

I've tried tdsskiller, saphos anti-rootkit, malwarebytes anti malware, norman malware cleaner, superantispyware, avast, microsoft security essentials, and a dozen others. The particular google redirect virus they had redirected searches for all search engines, not just google.

Besides the google redirect virus, they also had the windows recovery virus/malware and a couple dozen other major ones. This computer is a prime example of what 3 years of being totally unprotected can do to a computer :cool:

Couldn't get any of it to install, even tried changing names, etc.

Found the steps to delete the appropriate files/edit the registry to get rid of the windows recovery virus, then found the steps to reset internet explorer settings, delete windows temp files, delete the host file, etc

Finally able to install saphos, got that to run, then I could install tdsskiller, then malwarebytes anti malware, now we are finally getting somewhere. Got microsoft security essentials installed next.

I think we are finally past this computer problem. I'm sure someone else has one ready for me though :rolleyes:;)

OK Curtis, you need to go to the nearest frozen yogurt shop, bring your uncle (we know he lives within 30 minutes and you do all his IT for free, so he owes you) and have him teach you how to make that ice cream look nice...just sayin'

:D

He is the ice cream cone expert, but like me, he owns a mac, so, you know, he doesn't need any IT help;)

Archived