Come Cruise with Me-Jewel Review 4/8/11-Southern Caribbean/2,000+ Pics/Super Long

Writing again to tell you what a great review, Love the pics and style. Looks like you guys had an awesome cruise. Cannot wait as we are two weeks away from sailing on the Allure, I cannot wait for you to sail and do a review of Allure or Oasis, it might be a three month Picture fest!!!

Good Job again!!

Writing again to tell you what a great review, Love the pics and style. Looks like you guys had an awesome cruise. Cannot wait as we are two weeks away from sailing on the Allure, I cannot wait for you to sail and do a review of Allure or Oasis, it might be a three month Picture fest!!!

Good Job again!!

Thanks again :) We did have a great time.

Have a fantastic cruise on the Allure! Looking forward to seeing how you liked it.

When I do an Oasis/Allure review, I will probably need to do a back to back. First week I'll take pictures of the ship, the next week I'll enjoy the cruise and ports :eek::D:) -- It will be a scary long review ;)

No problem. On the map below, if you see where the dock meets land, it is those yellow paths just to the left of it.

Looks like you don't have long now until your cruise. Have a great trip! :)

5647616556_d6945ab7a6_z.jpg

Thank you very much! I will try to find it in June! :)

Great review so far. I should be getting things ready for school but instead I'm sitting here reading this. Thanks :D I'll be up late tonight, and it's all your fault.

Thanks for the pics of all the ship areas, we'll be on the Jewel for Christmas this year - great way to get all the Christmas shopping done for the kids (21, 26, and 27) - one stop shopping!

Great review so far. I should be getting things ready for school but instead I'm sitting here reading this. Thanks :D I'll be up late tonight, and it's all your fault.

Thanks for the pics of all the ship areas, we'll be on the Jewel for Christmas this year - great way to get all the Christmas shopping done for the kids (21, 26, and 27) - one stop shopping!

Sorry about putting you behind schedule :eek:

We cruised on the Radiance last December, it was neat to see all the Christmas Decorations :)

Just one "complaint" - you must learn to dispense your ice cream. Or perhaps it reminds you of your pups back home??? Ew! Lol

I just "snapped under the pressure" of the ice cream war. I couldn't make an awesome cone, but really, who makes a better "small intestine" than I do?

There is a reason I don't do the chocolate ice cream :eek:;):cool:

I just "snapped under the pressure" of the ice cream war. I couldn't make an awesome cone, but really, who makes a better "small intestine" than I do?

I know small intestines.:eek: That, sir, is no small intestine.:cool:

You really must go back on a ship and practice more.;)

When I was at Laberdee the were selling the signature drink as well and they called (at least when I was there) Coco Locos as well. As far as the walkways go they are fantastic, much better than Coco Cay.

Cant wait for the Sea Day.

When I was at Laberdee the were selling the signature drink as well and they called (at least when I was there) Coco Locos as well. As far as the walkways go they are fantastic, much better than Coco Cay.

Cant wait for the Sea Day.

They were just being lazy then. They should at least call them by the right name on the right island :D;)

I'm pretty sure they are the exact same drink though :)

Bionicman, are you done cruising now for a while until the little one can go, or are you planning any in the near future?

Well, that is a tough question. The latest we can still cruise would be toward the end of June. Bay is due around October 20th. We have 3 land based trips planned over the summer, so we are probably done cruising until a year from now, when the little one can go.

Since it is already May, I don't see us going in the next two months, but you never know, stranger things have happened in our family :eek::D

You need to use the strawberry ice cream to make it really look like intestines.

Day 4 - At Sea

The Day 4 review will probably be the shortest of all the review days. The great thing about a 10 cruise for me is that I don't feel like I have to fit something in everyday. Some days I can just veg out and relax.

Got up at 7:30 in the morning and decided yet again to run on the track. Again my left leg was giving me a fit. Today I was down to 5 miles before I gave up (and spent the rest of the day hobbling around).

After this, I went back to the room to get cleaned up. Then I went to the online center to deal with the work emails and set up a wireless account. One nice thing about the cruise starting on a Friday is that I had two days before I had to start thinking about work again.

5245649988_7442ff20af_z.jpg

After this, I went to the solarium. This would be around 9:30am. I had no problem finding a chair. I spent the next two hours finishing up the book I was reading. I was going to start a new one (Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand), but decided to watch an episode of Bones instead.

5646215365_41446159de_z.jpg

After this, I went up to the Windjammer for lunch, again arriving right around 11:30am. They had some decorative pieces out this morning.

5647718400_de13726777_z.jpg

Here's a shot of one of the buffets

5647156407_22c1a4e058_z.jpg

I decided to just have a "light" meal

5647721728_e0630943ed_z.jpg

They also had some nice fruit carvings on display

5647722740_982dcaaa6a_z.jpg

Up later tonight - The rest of a lazy day at sea. . .

Congratz Bionic Man on your little bundle of joy! I was thinking all the cruises that you and your wife take your baby will be a Pinnacle Club member with RCCL before he or she turn’s 5 years old lol…. Can’t wait to read yet another one of your fantastic cruise reports and take care of your darling wife!

The solarium is gorgeous! I want to go on a Radiance class ship just for that now.

Day 4 - At Sea

The Day 4 review will probably be the shortest of all the review days. The great thing about a 10 cruise for me is that I don't feel like I have to fit something in everyday. Some days I can just veg out and relax.

Got up at 7:30 in the morning and decided yet again to run on the track. Again my left leg was giving me a fit. Today I was down to 5 miles before I gave up (and spent the rest of the day hobbling around).

After this, I went back to the room to get cleaned up. Then I went to the online center to deal with the work emails and set up a wireless account. One nice thing about the cruise starting on a Friday is that I had two days before I had to start thinking about work again.

5245649988_7442ff20af_z.jpg

After this, I went to the solarium. This would be around 9:30am. I had no problem finding a chair. I spent the next two hours finishing up the book I was reading. I was going to start a new one (Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand), but decided to watch an episode of Bones instead.

5646215365_41446159de_z.jpg

After this, I went up to the Windjammer for lunch, again arriving right around 11:30am. They had some decorative pieces out this morning.

5647718400_de13726777_z.jpg

Here's a shot of one of the buffets

5647156407_22c1a4e058_z.jpg

I decided to just have a "light" meal

5647721728_e0630943ed_z.jpg

They also had some nice fruit carvings on display

5647722740_982dcaaa6a_z.jpg

Up later tonight - The rest of a lazy day at sea. . .

Congratz Bionic Man on your little bundle of joy! I was thinking all the cruises that you and your wife take your baby will be a Pinnacle Club member with RCCL before he or she turn’s 5 years old lol…. Can’t wait to read yet another one of your fantastic cruise reports and take care of your darling wife!

Thanks :) We're pretty far from Pinnacle, but maybe Diamond plus one day :D -- By then they'll probably have 5 more levels ;)

What kind of work allows you to be able to do it at the online center of a cruise? :D

Probably should clarify that a little. It was just sending/responding to emails. My father and I own a Construction Company. We do Electric/ Alarm/ HVAC/ Building.

Our superintendents email us morning and evening with status updates/photos and we provide direction/clarification/decision making.

Archived