Come Cruise with Me-Jewel Review 4/8/11-Southern Caribbean/2,000+ Pics/Super Long

Is dinner over? - Not quite yet! & The Rest of the Evening

As we were finishing up the meal and just before dessert, Maricio, the waiter comes to clean up the table with the crumb remover thingy (I think that is the official term). He tells one at our table that they are the winner. Later, after dinner, he comes and asks the person at our table what kind of animal they want. Turns out, he makes balloon animals!

5646278685_9df75e7c73_z.jpg

Here's the first of many balloon animals

5646843000_5c08929076_z.jpg

If you were on the cruise with us and saw a balloon animal, most likely our waiter made it.

After dinner, we wondered around the ship for a little while

5646282735_5ce5412828_z.jpg

Then we went up to the Viking Crown / Dance Club. Here's one of the mother-to-be

5646848564_55e7d13b66_z.jpg

And here's the Dance Area

5646851706_295a48f7d6_z.jpg

We used to dance a lot on every cruise, but the last few, we have hardly danced at all and we didn't dance at all on this one. Hopefully on the next cruise, we will get back to doing it.

After this, we went back to the room to go to bed. This was at 11:30pm.

Well, Ladies and Gentleman, if you are still with me, we finally made it through Day 1. That means we are officially 10% of the way through the cruise -- and the review. Hopefully, I haven't bored you to tears yet. What's scary is that I have way more pictures of the ports than I do of days like this. I'll try to get the review moving a little faster, but I can't make any promises.

Coming Tomorrow - Day 2 - At Sea

What a fantastic review. We are boarding the Jewel on June 23rd for the Baltics cruise. Your review is putting me in the 'cruise mood' and I can't wait! The ship looks absolutely beautiful. Congrats on your news too, I hope your wifes morning sickness is subsiding.

Bring on the next installment!:p

What a fantastic review. We are boarding the Jewel on June 23rd for the Baltics cruise. Your review is putting me in the 'cruise mood' and I can't wait! The ship looks absolutely beautiful. Congrats on your news too, I hope your wifes morning sickness is subsiding.

Bring on the next installment!:p

Thanks :) I would love to do the Baltics cruise. Hope you take lots of pictures and do a review when you get back ;)

The morning sickness is lessening some, hopefully that will continue :)

Well, Ladies and Gentleman, if you are still with me, we finally made it through Day 1. That means we are officially 10% of the way through the cruise -- and the review. Hopefully, I haven't bored you to tears yet. What's scary is that I have way more pictures of the ports than I do of days like this. I'll try to get the review moving a little faster, but I can't make any promises.

Coming Tomorrow - Day 2 - At Sea

I'm really enjoying your review. It is making me quite impatient for our cruise in November. Our first one! We were supposed to be on Explorer tomorrow, but had to reschedule. I'm super excited about the one we're taking in November, but feeling a little sorry for myself that I am stuck in rainy, rainy, rainy NE Ohio instead of heading to the ship tomorrow! So your cruise is a nice consolation prize :)

I'm really enjoying your review. It is making me quite impatient for our cruise in November. Our first one! We were supposed to be on Explorer tomorrow, but had to reschedule. I'm super excited about the one we're taking in November, but feeling a little sorry for myself that I am stuck in rainy, rainy, rainy NE Ohio instead of heading to the ship tomorrow! So your cruise is a nice consolation prize :)

We haven't had the pleasure of sailing on the Explorer yet, but we have sailed on several of the other ships in that class and loved them all.

Have a great trip (in November) :)

I'm really enjoying your review. I followed your previous cruises and was looking forward to the next one.

I have to tell you that for me you reviews are getting right up there with THE masters Radio and Trainman:D

Love the detailed pictures!

Keep'em comin!

Oh and of course... CONGRATULATIONS!:)

I'm really enjoying your review. I followed your previous cruises and was looking forward for the next one.

I have to tell you that for me you reviews are getting right up there with THE masters Radio and Trainman:D

Love the detailed pictures!

Keep'em comin!

Oh and of course... CONGRATULATIONS!:)

Thanks so much :)

I just don't have the patience to do a "live" review like those guys. I want to spend every minute on the ship enjoying the cruise :)

I just don't have the patience to do a "live" review like those guys. I want to spend every minute on the ship enjoying the cruise :)

Don't forget the price of the internet! With 2000+ photos, you'd spend enough to buy me that cruise I'm going to win for Baby Bionic's October 17th birthdate! :D :p

Great start to a review! I like the current pace you're going. It makes me want to cruise RCCL even more. However, someone has beat you in drawing out a review FOREVER! On an old Carnival thread this one guy spent 10 pages just on the PRECRUISE!!!!!

Keep up the great review! Best review ever!

Oh how nice I got to see my friend Frankie in your pics!! Keep them coming!

Glad I got the name right ;) More coming this afternoon :)

Don't forget the price of the internet! With 2000+ photos, you'd spend enough to buy me that cruise I'm going to win for Baby Bionic's October 17th birthdate! :D :p

Definitely could pay for your "winning" cruise with that internet money. Not to mention the review would be pretty boring for me -- "Here's me at the online center" -- "Here I am logging on to the computer" -- "Now I'm hitting the screen with my fist" -- etc :D

Great start to a review! I like the current pace you're going. It makes me want to cruise RCCL even more. However, someone has beat you in drawing out a review FOREVER! On an old Carnival thread this one guy spent 10 pages just on the PRECRUISE!!!!!

Keep up the great review! Best review ever!

10 Days for precruise is quite long (9 feels just right ;))

You mean this one? I just want more of this one.:D Can't wait til first Radiance experience in August.

Enjoy your trip on the Radiance :)

Well, Ladies and Gentleman, if you are still with me, we finally made it through Day 1.

Keep it coming! I'm loving the random details most people (myself included) don't post in their reviews.

Looks like you ordered the Day 1 food I always do (onion tart / pork medallions), which really made me want to be back on a ship. I love that onion tart!

I'm enjoying your cruise review, Curtis. We are boarding the Jewel next Friday to do a TA to Harwich and spending a few days in London before we fly back.

You have the patience of a saint - spending time choosing the right photo, adding so much detail. It's great fun to be on the "reading" end. Congrats on the coming addition. The other posters are right - your wife looks positively glowing! :)

Keep it coming! I'm loving the random details most people (myself included) don't post in their reviews.

Looks like you ordered the Day 1 food I always do (onion tart / pork medallions), which really made me want to be back on a ship. I love that onion tart!

The onion tart & pork medallions are always a favorite of mine. It is a great way to start the cruise!

I'm enjoying your cruise review, Curtis. We are boarding the Jewel next Friday to do a TA to Harwich and spending a few days in London before we fly back.

You have the patience of a saint - spending time choosing the right photo, adding so much detail. It's great fun to be on the "reading" end. Congrats on the coming addition. The other posters are right - your wife looks positively glowing! :)

You are doing the cruise I really wanted to do, all the way down to staying in London for a few days!!! I just couldn't take off that time period.

As I have learned from each review that I do, doing a review like this is all about preparation. My first review was just some random thoughts. With each one, I went in depth a little more.

Then I discovered if I would just set aside 15 minutes twice a day to write down everything I did each day of the cruise, the review itself would be much easier to write (ipad helped out a lot with this). I usually would do this while we were waiting for the show to start at the Theater and when I went to bed.

Then the only hard part is sorting through the pictures I have uploaded to use the right ones for the review, so for this cruise, I separated each day into a separate "set" on my flickr account so I can find them faster. That has really helped a lot.

The wife is definitely glowing :) (& Hungry, Moody, etc -- Hopefully she doesn't see this :eek::D)

The wife is definitely glowing :) (& Hungry, Moody, etc -- Hopefully she doesn't see this :eek::D)

Yeah, that'll get you in the dog house real quick. Here are two other phrases that you shouldn't say for the next 7 or so months:

"Didn't you just eat?"

"You know, I read that you shouldn't [insert ANY phrase here] when you're pregnant."

Yeah, that'll get you in the dog house real quick. Here are two other phrases that you shouldn't say for the next 7 or so months:

"Didn't you just eat?"

"You know, I read that you shouldn't [insert ANY phrase here] when you're pregnant."

Guilty as charge on "You know, I read that you shouldn't ______ when you're pregnant"

As you can imagine, it wasn't appreciated :rolleyes:

I always enjoy your reviews and pictures! Thanks!

You may have already answered this but I missed it, but since you've been on everything except Oasis class, just wondering which yalls favorite class is?

Have not answered your question yet on this review. The answer would definitely be the Voyager class. We have been on the Voyager, Navigator and Mariner.

I find those ships to be the best balance of size, amenities and crowdedness for my taste.

Love having the addition of the Ice Skating shows. Also love sitting in the Promenade, eating those little sandwiches and cookies :D

Have not answered your question yet on this review. The answer would definitely be the Voyager class. We have been on the Voyager, Navigator and Mariner.

I find those ships to be the best balance of size, amenities and crowdedness for my taste.

Love having the addition of the Ice Skating shows. Also love sitting in the Promenade, eating those little sandwiches and cookies :D

Yeah, I was hoping I could find pictures of your Mariner cruise since we will be on her in Jan. Thanks for the info.

Yeah, I was hoping I could find pictures of your Mariner cruise since we will be on her in Jan. Thanks for the info.

Here's is from one of our trips on the Mariner:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/therealdanielfamily/sets/72157624675911072/

I still haven't uploaded two other trips that we took on it, I need to get those up. Thanks for reminding me.

Here is from the Voyager, which is very similar

http://www.flickr.com/photos/therealdanielfamily/collections/72157623139059327/

And the Navigator

http://www.flickr.com/photos/therealdanielfamily/sets/72157623946716478/

I was just an amateur back then when I was taking photos :D I didn't even use photoshop back then :eek: I'm an experienced amateur now ;):rolleyes:

Thanks for taking the time to post your review and pictures! We sailed on the Jewel a few years ago and will be back aboard her in the fall for an anniversary/fall foliage cruise. I'm glad to see that she's as pretty as ever!

Enjoy your anniversary cruise!

I still haven't uploaded two other trips that we took on it, I need to get those up. Thanks for reminding me.

And the Navigator

I was just an amateur back then when I was taking photos :D I didn't even use photoshop back then :eek: I'm an experienced amateur now ;):rolleyes:

Thanks for sharing i will take a look!

And the Navigator

Thanks for sharing i will take a look!

No problem :)

Archived