Come Cruise with Me-Jewel Review 4/8/11-Southern Caribbean/2,000+ Pics/Super Long

Curtis - I haven't been checking CC regularly lately. I can't believe that I'm just now finding your latest review! I like the fact that you're only on day 2...I haven't missed much. Can't wait for the next 8 sailing days. I have many comments to make to get caught up.

First, congratulations on the baby.:D If you think you have a lot of camera stuff now, wait until the baby comes. Best excuse ever to buy more gear (Don't you want to remember the baby's first spit up with a fisheye lens honey?)

Second, more camera talk. You mentioned not having a tripod for one of your pics. Have you ever brought a tripod with you on a cruise? I just picked up a new one and am trying to decide between a tripod and a monopod for my June cruise.

Did I see you wearing a BlackRapid strap in the Viking Crown pic? BTW, that's a nice shot by your relative with the D7000. He got the sunny outside pool area exposed nicely, while also catching you and your wife well with the flash.

You're right...your G11 takes great low light shots. Very nice for ISO 800 in a Point & Shoot (if I can really call it that). Did you do much post processing to get them that nice?

I agree...great picture of your wife on formal night. Beautiful.

Enough camera talk. Stay diligent with the exercise. I lost 30 pounds about 7 years ago and slowly put it back on a pound or 2 at a time. It's easy to rationalize that an extra 4 pounds in 6 months is no big deal, until you've put 20 pounds back on in 2 years. Tough to get back into the routine once you stop.

Less is more? Less is more?? LESS IS MORE??? Is there a way that you can transfer that virus that you fixed to someone else's computer?

Glad to hear that Nemo is doing well. :)

I'll hang up now and wait for your answer.

Hey!

Excellent idea on the Camera lenses for the Baby :D

I have never taken a tripod on a cruise. Almost all of my shots (except for the first day when I go all over the ship) are spur of the moment, so I've always figured I wouldn't use it. However, there were a couple nights with a full moon that I would have loved to have had one. I was going to take a monopod this past cruise and we were packing passed midnight and I left it right on the bed by accident :rolleyes: Next time, I will take one.

The strap I have is a RainbowImaging Innovative High Quality Quick Release. They are making a slightly different version of it now, but the one I have goes across the body so the camera hangs at your waist. It connects through the mount for the tripod. When I bought it, it came with both the strap and the fastener that connects to the tripod mount. I have been very happy with it.

He got several excellent shots with the D7000. It's a great camera, but I'm a canon man ;)

For the G11, The only post processing I did was in Camera Raw. I run every photo I take through Camera Raw. Through the thousands that I have done, I can process about 2 photos per minute if I'm focused. The only photos I don't really process are of the shows, those I usually just crop (allthough, sometimes I'll drop the exposure down even more (I usually shot at an exposure of around -1, P mode), crank up the recovery and play with the fill light).

I will stay diligent on the exercise. It is ingrained in me at this point :eek:

Thanks for the support and we are very grateful Nemo is better than ever.

Just a couple thoughts....

One: You guys look FANTASTIC! Great picture of you and Heather on formal night!

Two: Less is more, but more is more too! GREAT job on the review... keep it coming!!! :D

I can't promise more this weekend, but I will do my best. :D:eek:;)

I did do pretty good getting a bunch up this evening ;)

We're watching "The Social Network" right now (with the laptop on my lap of course)

Haven't seen The Social Network, but I've heard it's great. It's on my list to rent. Have a great weekend!

We're just finishing it now. It's very interesting. They do jump all over the place though.

Hope your family has a great weekend also :)

I started to read this review, but the minutiae is overwhelming.

Less is more.

Dont let him tell you how to wright a review. You are right there is a disclaimer way back on page 1 and in the Title. This is one of the greatest review that I have seen. In fact you are the inspiration to my review on the Freedom 4/17 that I am working on now. Keep up the good work and look foreward to future posts.

Day 2 - The Rest of the Show

Here's some more of the show

5646977584_25b939320a_z.jpg

Up Next - The Rest of the Evening. . .

Curtis, can you tell me what camera settings you used for this picture? It's great you use Flickr for picture display as it stores all the camera information on the website. :)

Thanks

Bill

Dont let him tell you how to wright a review. You are right there is a disclaimer way back on page 1 and in the Title. This is one of the greatest review that I have seen. In fact you are the inspiration to my review on the Freedom 4/17 that I am working on now. Keep up the good work and look foreward to future posts.

Thanks :) I am enjoying your review. It's great to be able to see the changes on the Freedom since we went last year.

Was that Simeon Baker I saw in a photo? He is a great CD!

Good eye! :eek:

Curtis, can you tell me what camera settings you used for this picture? It's great you use Flickr for picture display as it stores all the camera information on the website. :)

Thanks

Bill

No problem. For the Theater, I always use the Canon G11, usually set the exposure to -1, no flash, iso to auto or 800, and occasionally adjust to increase the shutter speed (but not usually--because I don't have time).

Here's the Exif

5672603469_aa71231d4f_z.jpg

I started to read this review, but the minutiae is overwhelming.

Less is more.

The title of this message string told you what you were getting into. But of course you knew that when you posted. You're like my younger sister, not happy unless you are complaining. (I cleaned that last line up for the general public. ;))

No problem. For the Theater, I always use the Canon G11, usually set the exposure to -1, no flash, iso to auto or 800, and occasionally adjust to increase the shutter speed (but not usually--because I don't have time).

Here's the Exif

Thanks!

We haven't even reached day 3 yet? This review is going to be long (and awesome) by the time it's done! :D But that's going to be awhile...

Looks like the amount of time it's going to take you to finish this review is going to be longer than the amount of time you were on the ship! :eek:

We haven't even reached day 3 yet? This review is going to be long (and awesome) by the time it's done! :D But that's going to be awhile...

Looks like the amount of time it's going to take you to finish this review is going to be longer than the amount of time you were on the ship! :eek:

Unfortunately for me, it may also take longer than the Jewel's drydock. I'll be boarding Friday for the Transatlantic. I am enjoying the review, so, if it isn't complete, I'll probably be pulling up this review with my last bit of US Internet connectivity at sail away.;)

Crazy, isn't it. :D:eek:

Unfortunately for me, it may also take longer than the Jewel's drydock. I'll be boarding Friday for the Transatlantic. I am enjoying the review, so, if it isn't complete, I'll probably be pulling up this review with my last bit of US Internet connectivity at sail away.;)

Just to hurry it up a little, I will try to post some more this afternoon :)

Long and awesome ... that's what we want! This is one of the best reviews ever posted.

Long and awesome ... that's what we want! This is one of the best reviews ever posted.

You're too kind :)

We leave for our Freedom cruise in 7 days, so as long as you're finishing up by then, I'm good. I don't mind that it's drawn out, it's not like I don't have a life other than checking CC...

Well now that you mention it lol....

oh man, the pressure is on. :eek: I've still got all 5 ports of call to cover and you wouldn't believe how much I have for each of these :D

First I'd like to say congratulations to you and the Mrs. on your upcoming bundle of joy!

Secondly, I absolutely love love love your reviews, please don't ever change the way you do them!!

& Not to worry, I'm pretty stubborn, I'm sure I'll continue to do them the same way ;):D

Archived