Date for HAL CC Cruise

localady

Sorry for the delay everyone - my "real" life temporarily side tracked me...

Ok, here is what I have so far. I used the Vista class ship Westerdam as the Caribbean ship, though I can get information on other ships - let me know.

For Alaska and New England/Canada - there are cruises available, obviously - though I was unable to get pricing for 2006 on either of these destinations yet. Keep in mind, a 7-day (which was my primary focus) NE/Canada will have different embarcation/disembarcation cities - thus increasing airfare costs.

I added a Mexican Riviera on the Oosterdam because I saw a post about departing from San Diego - though I personally, think a 15-day Circle Hawaii is too long for this type of cruise. Let me know if you think otherwise.

I have listed 2 Eastern Caribbean & 2 Western Caribbean cruises for both Spring and Fall 2006, as well as a Spring & Fall selection for Mexico. I took the costs (based on several different categories) from HAL's website - so keep in mind the fare will probably be lower.

My next post will be the dates and fares.

Sorry, I got delayed again... Here are the cruises and prices.

Ms Westerdam - SPRING/FALL 2006

7-day Eastern Caribbean - RT from Ft. Lauderdale - Nassau, Phillipsburg, Road Town, HMC

3/19/06 - SA = $3009.57, SC = $2509.57, SS= $1999.57, VA = $1394.57, VF = $1219.57, H = $999.57, M = $904.57

4/2/06 - SA = $2839.57, SC = $2339.57, SS= $1879.57, VA = $1314.57, VF = $1139.57, H = $939.57, M = $874.57

7-day Western Caribbean – RT from Ft. Lauderdale – HMC, Ocho Rios, George Town, Cozumel

3/12/06 - SA = $3020.52, SC = $2520.52, SS= $2010.52, VA = $1405.52, VF = $1230.52, H = $1010.52, M = $915.52

3/26/06 - SA = $3020.52, SC = $2520.52, SS= $2010.52, VA = $1405.52, VF = $1230.52, H = $1010.52, M = $915.52

Ms Westerdam - SPRING/FALL 2006

7-day Eastern Caribbean - RT from Ft. Lauderdale – Grand Turk, Phillipsburg, Road Town, HMC

10/15/06 - SA = $2677.88, SC = $2177.88, SS= $1767.88, VA = $1242.88, VF = $1067.88, H = $887.88, M = $832.88

10/29/06 - SA = $2677.88, SC = $2177.88, SS= $1767.88, VA = $1242.88, VF = $1067.88, H = $887.88, M = $832.88

7-day Western Caribbean – RT from Ft. Lauderdale – HMC, Grand Turk, George Town, Cozumel

10/22/06 - SA = $2681.32, SC = $2181.32, SS= $1771.32, VA = $1246.32, VF = $1071.32, H = $891.32, M = $836.32

11/5/06 - SA = $2681.32, SC = $2181.32, SS= $1771.32, VA = $1246.32, VF = $1071.32, H = $891.32, M = $836.32

Ms Oosterdam - Mexican Riviera SPRING/FALL 2006

7 – day Mexican Riviera – RT from San Diego – Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta

4/1/06 - SA = $3241.73, SC = $2241.73, SS= $1756.73, VA = $1331.73, VF = $1156.73, H = $956.73, M = $856.73

10/21/06 - SA = $3171.26, SC = $2171.26, SS= $1706.26, VA = $1281.26, VF = $1106.26, H = $906.26, M = $806.26

I would vote for a late spring early summer cruise. I do not really want to cruise during hurricane season. According to Trubey the best group deals would be in May and June for this season.

Hurricane season starts June 1.

I would sign up for the fall dates in a heartbeat. We like to cruise the first week of November. Technically it's still hurricane season, but things have quieted down in the tropics.

The spring dates are in the heart of spring breaker season. Lots of schools down here have a week off in March. Many of the colleges and public schools here have this week off -- so they don't necessarily tie their vacations to Easter.

Well, this is just a sampling, given some of the dates that were discussed. I selected the Westerdam because someone (localady, I think) mentioned it previously and it seemed easier to stick with one ship.

In all honesty, I think the Caribbean is going to be the best value and the easiest for everyone.

If anyone has other suggestions for cruises around these dates - let's hear them!

Laura, you would be a wonderful Chairman and we're more than happy to wait until you get back on the 30th to really get the ball rolling!

Actually, I was thinking this might be something you'd be perfect for! :)

My personal choice would be for Fall 2006 - Eastern Caribbean. I like the addition of Grand Turk on both the fall itineraries, so either one would be fine with me.

I also think planning for Fall 2006 gives everyone ample time to make proper arrangements.

If anyone has other suggestions for cruises around these dates - let's hear them!

Fall 2006 would work best for me, and these fares (even the regular ones before CC discount) are very reasonable. I guess I would prefer Carribean simply because Fort Lauderdale is a lot closer to my home than San Diego. Whether we do east or west makes no difference to me.

You're right ... the 15-day Hawaii would be way too long ... not to mention too expensive, at least for me. These 7-day itineraries are probably what would work best for most of the group.

Wow! It sounds like we're really seriously considering this! I think it would be great to have a boatload of CCers on the same cruise!

Blue skies ...

--rita

My personal choice would be for Fall 2006 - Eastern Caribbean. I like the addition of Grand Turk on both the fall itineraries, so either one would be fine with me.

I also think planning for Fall 2006 gives everyone ample time to make proper arrangements.

Sign me up!

Fall 2006 would work for me the best and also would give us plenty of time. Someone suggested 2 cruises, but I think that negates the whole idea of doing it together.

While I would love a 10-14 day, I think the 7 day will work better for more people since many simply won't have the time for more.

As I emailed Laura, I'd only consider a Co-chair with her. We'll see how the idea is going and she and I can talk about it easier when we meet for lunch in FLL on 3/30.

I'm wondering if the subject line for this thread really tells people what we're trying to arrange. Some people may not click on it thinking someone is looking for a "date" to go on a cruise. I mean "date" as in someone to go with.

What do you all think?

What is wrong with a sail out of San Diego to Hawaii?

Those are fairly long cruises, aren't they. Also, there is a market for them but not as broad based as some others. IMO

Speaking only for myself, we would not join in on that one.

ekerr.....

Thank you for doing all that research for us. I appreciate your efforts!!

I vote for EKERR AND HEATHER to co-chair...IF THEY ARE WILLING. I think they would do a wonderful job for all of us. We most assuredly will have to 'thank them in an appropriate manner'!!!! IF they choose to accept the offer.

So it appears Fall 2006 is on the leader board. Along with a 7-day cruise, probably Caribbean, on a Vista class ship.

Those wanting a longer cruise, might want to consider a B2B if possible.

I know there are folks who would rather avoid cruising in the Caribbean, but it does seem to be the easiest for most people.

ekerr.....

Thank you for doing all that research for us. I appreciate your efforts!!

I vote for EKERR AND HEATHER to co-chair...IF THEY ARE WILLING. I think they would do a wonderful job for all of us. We most assuredly will have to 'thank them in an appropriate manner'!!!! IF they choose to accept the offer.

Gee, I was hoping to persuade you and Heather to do this! :)

I just read through the entire thread and it does seem that the Caribbean in the Fall 2006 gets the most votes. Anyone concerned about hurricane season should know that November is the last month of the season. The worst months are August and September. We've cruised in November for years because we think it's a wonderful time of year to cruise and the weather is generally magnificent.

The storms coming off Africa mostly dissapate after the end of September. sometimes something churns up in the Gulf of Mexico in October/November so we might want to focus on the Eastern itinerary. But worst case, they'll sail around the whole thing and there will be nothing to worry about:D .

Either itinerary would be okay for us. The next thing I have to do is go through this thread and write down the people who seem serious about being able to do the Caribbean in the Fall of 2006. I will put that list into a new thread which will ask who else might be interested in that timing and itinerary.

We can go to the next step from there. For the time being I'm happy to take on a good part of this project and once we reach a definite decision to go ahead we can decide who can best serve as the Chair and Co-chair.

Sound good to everyone?

I guess Fall 2006 it is! :)

Unfortunately, it means that we'll have to miss it:o , as we have already booked NZ/Australia in Oct-Nov. 2006. It's been one of my dreams to snorkle the Great Barrier Reef, and we hope to travel to Cairns after the cruise to do that!

We are very much looking forward to our upcoming cruises, and meeting many of you on the Veendam with the "Veendammers". Hope to meet you all on the high seas one of these days!:cool:

Heather & eKerr--

Perhaps once we get an idea of numbers in our group we should check w/ HAL or a TA and see if we can get some group rates? I think HAL may also still have some special things available for groups like Pinnacle dinners, etc.

If you need any help at all - coordinating w/ HAL to set up gatherings/events, matching singles, contacting TA's etc., etc. - pls lemme know...

Brian -

We are going to be trying to do a Cruise Critic member cruise and once we have an idea how many folks are interested and the approximate time of year, we are to contact LauraS - Community Manager, so we can become "official"... CC also provides us with names of TA's we can use, etc.

I think there will be much organizing of activites etc. and hopefully we can get some type of sanction from HAL (though that may not be possible). All help would be greatly appreciated - I think we can select a group of folks to organize things, so we will add you to the list!

I am keeping an informal list of some of the preferences posted, but once we become official, we can decide the best way to proceed.

Archived