Date for HAL CC Cruise

localady

It appears that most of us think a Caribbean cruise would work well, we will have to investigate early spring and late fall 2006 as there are no HAL ships in the Caribbean for summer 2006.

I might possibly be able to "squeeze in" a 7-dayer in the fall of 2006. Carribean would be my preferred itinerary as I will be looking to keep things reasonably inexpensive and wouldn't have enough vacation time left to do anything more than a 7-day itinerary. I have a 30-day Hawaii/South Pacific cruise booked in January 2006 that is going to eat through most of my 2006 vacation days ... not to mention budget.

But a CC group cruise would just be too much fun to even dream of passing up. I'd love to cruise with ya'all!

Blue skies ...

--rita

But, sadly no Caribbean for us. We swore off after the Zaandam New year's cruise. Great ship, but the ports have really deteriorated over the years. It would just be a waste of money for us.

Yes i know that the ship is the destination but the atmosphere in the caribbean is too oppressive for me, I can't handle it emotionally.

Cool weather cruising is all we want to do.

GN

Oh come on Dave, think speedo's and bikini's :)

Think cost too.

The Caribbean is easily the most affordable itinerary.

Come on, Dave, you'll love it. Besides, I'd like to meet you.

Blue skies ...

--rita

If we were to have a HAL CC cruise, when would you be available, and where would you like to cruise??????

There has been talk of a possible HAL CC group cruise and we'd like to make as many CC'ers as possible happy so we could get a large turnout.:D

So, when are you available and where would you like to sail??????

Late Fall 2006 would be best for us out of FT. Lauderdale. If we were not already booked on Zuiderdam for Oct. 1st this year, we would be ready to do a CC'r Group Cruise now and even help with organization. It would be great to meet some of the people that have been so helpful with our first cruise on HAL.

Richard

For the folks who are against the Caribbean ... there's nothing that says you even need to go ashore!!! If there's enough of us we can just party on board the whole week!!!

Obviously we'll go ashore at Half Moon Cay and rent out all the cabanas!!!:D .... just kidding. One will be more than enough for the 50 of us!!!

a Boston/Montreal Autumn cruise?

Cheers

MarkB

This would be my own personal favorite because I've been wanting to do it forever, but I'm happy to settle for the Caribbean.

We had even thought we wouldn't cruise in 2006, but a Fall 2006 Boston/Montreal cruise would cinch the deal for me.

We had even thought we wouldn't cruise in 2006, but a Fall 2006 Boston/Montreal cruise would cinch the deal for me.

Now that could work for me!

Our objections to the Caribbean are similar to Grannynurse's, but it also seems to us that Caribbean voyages attract a greater percentage of obnoxious cruisers than other itineraries - you know, more of the "it's my money and I'll do what I want" kind of folks. So simply staying on board in port doesn't help.

And Ziggy? Just the thought of typical HAL pax (a wonderful group in many ways) in speedos and bikinis could put me off my feed for a week! :)

We cruised Maasdam Canada/New England last July. We are booked for Maasdam again this June for back-to-backs Canada/New England. I'm not sure DH would want to do that three years in a row seeing as we live in Boston. But, maybe???

I just want to comment FYI that Canada/New England cruises are more costly than late fall Caribbean cruises are...if that is a factor.

ALSO:

3. Contact our Cruise Critic Community Manager

Once you have an idea of how large your group will be initially and the month and ship of sailing, contact Laura (groups@cruisecritic.com) and let her know that you are interested in leading a new Cruise Critic group cruise. She will explain the process to you and will contact three Preferred Cruise Agencies to obtain your official quote. After you receive your proposal, and checking with your initial group members, it is full speed ahead! Our Community Manager will create a web page for your group as well as designate your own message board forum in our community.

The above quote is from the large post stating how to go about putting together a group cruise.

Does this mean we cannot use our own TA's but have to use one approved by CC?

The above quote is from the large post stating how to go about putting together a group cruise.

Does this mean we cannot use our own TA's but have to use one approved by CC?

It appears so S7S.....but in all deference to Cruise Critics, I think that if we have a date, we should be able to book with our TA's as we usually do on the cruise. The only problem with that is if we book that way, our group coordinator would not receive a free room.

Heather-

IMHO CC would have a hard time not allowing us to post on this cruise. We have a huge amount of folks going on the November "Veendammers" cruise and we log in frequently over on the Roll Call section. That is not a "sanctioned" CC Group, but no one has suggested we can't post about it!

I think it would be fine to have a CC Group cruise, but we could also cruise as a "unsanctioned" group as we are in November! We even have tee-shirts thanks to Judy!

Veendammers.jpg.39dd39ee2ba0cd8acce4a77f91d91725.jpg

As my DW has already posted we are available late fall, November would be ideal. However, it seems we have many educators and others for whom this would not be a good time.

WHAT ABOUT TWO CRUISES????

I'm sure we have more than enough in this group to make both very enjoyable. I bet there are some who would do both. Put me in the hat to help, here is my email if anyone wants to take me up on the offer:

hcolegrove@earthlink.net

We can deal with the TA issue when we get to that point, I suppose. It might be no problem and MAYBE one of the TA's who are a part of CruiseCritic may get us such a good price we'll be happy to use them??? The price would have to really good though to give incentive for folks to leave their 'comfortable and trusted' favorite TA's they're used to dealing with. IMO

Ok, no one asked me, so I hope no one minds - but I am going to narrow down some options for Spring 2006 and Fall 2006. Though either time works for us and both Caribbean and New England/Canada would be fine with me, I don't think I want to do Alaska... but I can put one out there and maybe we can all vote... I can get some basic preliminary pricing as well.

I do not care to be the leader, but wouldn't mind doing some "prelim" work on this at all. It is what I live for. LOL!

I think everyone will have to narrow the choices down to their top 2 favorites. I think adding a second cruise would be an option for a future HAL CC cruise, but right now I think it would be important to stick to focusing on selecting one cruise.

Give me an hour or two and I will have all the information posted. If anyone thinks a particular cruise is noteworthy - post it.

Things that should receive consideration (IMO):

Cost

Length

Time of year/dates

Destination

Embarcation/disembarkation ports

Anything else?

From my own point of view it would have to be either out of Boston to Montreal or out of FLL to the Caribbean. First choice would be Fall 2006 (Oct/Nov), but we might be able to do Spring (May).

Alaska is definitely out for us and so is Hawaii because we simply can't take the time to do that in 2006. (And I don't even want to do Alaska).

Laura, you would be a wonderful Chairman and we're more than happy to wait until you get back on the 30th to really get the ball rolling!

Archived