Date for HAL CC Cruise

localady

Hi everyone!

I have to admit, I almost didn't post since I REALLY want to do another Alaskan cruise next Summer...but I figured I'd throw in my 2 cents for a vote. I think a group cruise would be SO much fun...I know I'm not as frequent a poster as some of you but I read all the posts so I feel as if I know many of you...

Since it looks like Alaska is out for most, I would also second a Canada/New England trip.

But, I'm a realist and I can see that the majority is looking at the Caribbean, so...go ahead and place me on the "maybe" list and I'll see what happens once the date/ship/itinerary has been decided.

This would be one of those trips where the destination is the ship...as Heather already pointed out!

Who Hoo:D

Okay, sounds like we're making headway and I'm certainly glad so many are interested and want to help.

I think our work will be much easier if we do it through LauraS as a CC Member cruise. She'll set up the site and everything. I printed that info out and I'm going to review it.

Before starting the new thread, do we want to narrow it just to the 4 dates in the Caribbean? The prices are close.

According to the directions posted above, it's better if we're a bit flexible and narrow it down simply to a month and ship. LauraS will need to know about how many we have initially. She'll put us in touch with 3 Preferred Cruise Agencies to get the quotes. She would then set up our web page and give us our own message board.

After all that is settled we can promote the cruise further and see if others want to join in the fun. Our message board can be linked in our signatures for others as well.

I've come up with a preliminary list of those interested based on what you've all said on this thread. Please post your name if you're interested and don't see your name.

Or if I've put your name and you have no interest, could you please post and let us know that as well. And tell us if you are a single or travelling with someone:

HeatherInFlorida (2) -- maybe

EKerr (2)

Mechcc (2)

Stanfordsgirl (?)

Oceanwench (2)

tyman (Bill) (2)

Kryos (rita) (?)

Bepsf (Brian) (?)

Sail7Seas (2) -- maybe

Wiscruiser (Alan) (?)

Ziggy (Debbie) (2)

Tiffnco (?) -- maybe

Torpeedo (?) -- maybe

Iggipolka (?) -- maybe

Richcrow (Richard) (?)

I've come up with a preliminary list of those interested based on what you've all said on this thread. Please post your name if you're interested and don't see your name.

Or if I've put your name and you have no interest, could you please post and let us know that as well. And tell us if you are a single or travelling with someone:

HeatherInFlorida (2) -- maybe

EKerr (2)

Mechcc (2)

Stanfordsgirl (?)

Oceanwench (2)

tyman (Bill) (2)

Kryos (rita) (?)

Bepsf (Brian) (?)

Sail7Seas (2) -- maybe

Wiscruiser (Alan) (?)

Ziggy (Debbie) (2)

Tiffnco (?) -- maybe

Torpeedo (?) -- maybe

Iggipolka (?) -- maybe

Richcrow (Richard) (?)

I see I have been replaced as list maker :( hehehee just kidding :)

Hi:

You can count us in as a "likely".

We have a cruise on RCI Navigator with the whole family scheduled for 1/06. Other than that we can be fairly flexible on dates. We will just have to arrange for DS to stay with a friend from church (we repay the favor at times), or bring him along.

Keep posting the emmerging plans!

I think we should decide on a Group leader/co-leaders before we submit anything to cc, as this will cause confusion later on, I believe they want the group leader to deal with cc. Just a thought :) Then we can divide duties, such as name tags, t-shirts, door signs, contacting ship services, etc ......

I think we should decide on a Group leader/co-leaders before we submit anything to cc, as this will cause confusion later on, I believe they want the group leader to deal with cc. Just a thought :) Then we can divide duties, such as name tags, t-shirts, door signs, contacting ship services, etc ......

Ziggy, not to worry! I have the instructions right in front of me. Just for now I'm getting the ball rolling, but we won't go to LauraS with it until we have our definite group leader which may be EKerr and me ... or it may be someone else.

After I have this list, I'm doing another thread that will be more obvious to others so we can have a ballpark number to go to Laura with. It says in the instructions they like to have an idea of how large a group it will be.

First things first. And then we go to the next step;) ...

You can count us in as a party of 2...and still as a maybe.

I plan events for a living so I know how much work goes into group projects...I commend Heather and eKerr for taking on this task.

Can't wait to see what develops!

Tiffany

I'm a little late to this party! Please put me down as a definate "maybe." I can't say for sure until a date is chosen.

Beth :)

Gotcha, Beth! Plenty of time still ... we're in prelim stages but we want to have a guesstimate to go to CC with. But we've narrowed it pretty much to between 10/15 and 11/5/2006. There will be a new thread about it very soon.

VictheParrot, as I recall there was much enthusiasm for the Noordam until we saw the rates!!! They were off the charts. I think some are still keeping an eye on it. Don't forget February out of NY is pretty cold for a couple of days.

But no reason you can't try to stir it up again!

You're not up for this cruise? We'd love to have you and as many others who want to come!

Hey there Heather

I'd LOVE to join all of you on the Westerdam.

But I have my heart set on going to Hawaii in Oct 2006 on

the Zaandam.

:unhappy:

Have to admit, the new itinerary for the 7 day Carib DOES look nice. I've been curious about the Turks and Caicos for the longest time. Maybe a B2B (10/15 .. and 10/22) will do the trick

for me.( Let's just hope one of them doesn't get chartered...)

I'll keep ya posted!

:)

How about 10 days on the Volendam from Ft. Lauderdale to the Southern Caribbean on Nov 23rd. Great ship, and the fares are quite comparable to a 7 day Westerdam.

HAL should invite Grummpy & Slinky as guests to join us so they can give us 'all the the real stuff' of World Cruising with Holland America!! I am sure they would fill the Main Show Lounge for an hour at sea.

How about 10 days on the Volendam from Ft. Lauderdale to the Southern Caribbean on Nov 23rd. Great ship, and the fares are quite comparable to a 7 day Westerdam.

HAL should invite Grummpy & Slinky as guests to join us so they can give us 'all the the real stuff' of World Cruising with Holland America!! I am sure they would fill the Main Show Lounge for an hour at sea.

Hey, I just found this post and would love to take my first HAL cruise with this group :D What are the ports on this 10 day? A 7 day eastern would be my second choice!

We can certainly consider the 10 day Volendam on 11/23/06, but understand it leaves on Thanksgiving Day. This may be a problem for many.

At this point we had narrowed it to the 7-day Eastern or Western. I'd love to get some feedback from those who have already posted about the 10-day Southern Caribbean.

ADDL. NOTE: I just checked the HAL site and this same itinerary on the Volendam is also on 11/3/06 (a Friday) for 10 days and the rates are even a bit less than 11/23.

You can put my DH and I down for a maybe. We would love to cruise the Southern Caribbean, but the new Eastern itinerary sounds good. Our first HAL cruise is Saturday and hopefully we will be eager to sail HAL again.

I will post some info about the 11/3/06 sailing on the Volendam as soon as I can - sounds like some decisions to be made!

Sometime later either Heather or I can post a poll where folks can actually vote so we can get the best idea of what most people prefer.

It also sounds like if we keep the dates "somewhat" flexible, we may have a better chance at a good group rate.

Once the cruise is officially sanctioned by CC as a HAL member cruise, we will be able to have an official thread! :)

I wonder if anyone knows whether there has ever been a HAL CC member cruise? I'd be interested in knowing if this is a first.

Count us as interested in either November date. A lot will depend on how we like our three (wish is was more) days on the Volendam as the start of our Alaska cruisetour.

Never done the southern Caribbean, so the itinerary works for us, too!

Archived