Date for HAL CC Cruise

localady

I too could be persuaded to do a 10-day Southern. We did that on the Brilliance of the Seas and had a GREAT time. And, I'm not sure if I'd fall in the minority here...but I'd be willing to look at the sailing over Thanksgiving. Have to use fewer vacation days for a longer vacation!

Heather,

Are you hosting the pre-cruise festivities???:)

Uhhhhh .... no???:D I can't believe I'm even this involved!!! Wha' happened?

Fllcruiser, did you vote on the other thread? Please vote. It's way too close right now and unfortunately there are a lot of votes for the Volendam and that's going to be a definite no for some while a lot of people who favor the 10 day would do the 7. So it's a bit of a problem at this point.

Heather, I vote we choose the one most people can go, after all this is why we even started this whole cruise :) So if that means 7 days, then so be it :) The main thing is we will all have a good time!

Good Luck to all of you... It sounds as if you are off to a great start. While we will be sad not to join you: (School schedules, and a determination never to deal with the Carribean again)So have a great time and plan a great CC gathering, and perhaps we can join ya on the next one! ;)

Count me in for one but I would prefer the 10 day on the Volendam. Seven days is just not long enough. I swore years ago that I would not do any cruise less than 10 days. If the seven day is decided upon, however, this may be the one exception.

Same here. I swore of 7-dayers myself ... even if they are b2b 7-dayers. Too many kids, groups, etc. I much prefer ten days or longer. However, in this particular case, because I have a 30-day cruise booked at the beginning of 2006, vacation time (not to mention money) is going to be a serious issue. If a ten-dayer is decided upon, I may have to pass. I just don't know if I'll have enough days left by fall to do it. Also, no way can I make a cruise over Thanksgiving. Not to mention the added cost of both the cruise and airfare to Florida, I have "non-traditional" work hours ... graveyard shift ... with a "weekend" in the middle of the week. Thanksgiving week doesn't give me any extra vacation days ... in fact, I generally work Thanksgiving Day, as well as Christmas. Vacation time is also very much in demand during those periods.

But, I agree with other posters. Choose the date/itinerary that suits the most people. If I can't go, then I'll enjoy reading everyone's posts from onboard and enjoy the voyage vacariously that way. :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

Brian -

We are going to be trying to do a Cruise Critic member cruise and once we have an idea how many folks are interested and the approximate time of year, we are to contact LauraS - Community Manager, so we can become "official"... CC also provides us with names of TA's we can use, etc..

Actually, once you contact Laura she takes over. You will receive only one quote - from the agency that won from the bid(s) she submitted. I'm sure this cruise will attract a lot of CCer's. I can't wait for the details :D

We swore off 7-dayers, too. But in this case we would make an exception because it would be such fun. I think the 7 day will attract more CCers, but we'll see what happens.

One thought for those concerned about kids, etc., the timing we're looking at is very good for this. The mid-October to mid-November bring in many kids at all and not the huge groups. That tends to start Thanksgiving week and beyond through New Year's.

We always cruise in late October and early November and have never had a problem. We love the people we've cruised with.

Watch for the next vote!!! I'm working on it.:D

Archived