very early morning Taxi to airport

eclue

We wll be leaving Barcelona on Saturday, July 30th. Our flight out is at 7 am...anyone have an idea what time we need to be at the airport and also do we need to arrange a private transport or will taxis be plentiful so early in the morning. I am guessing that we need to leave the hotel by 5am at the latest.

I had checked on a private transprt and they quoted 59 euros which seemd very high considering the airport is less than 8 miles away..

Anyone know if the airport bus runs all night...we might have too much luggage to do the bus..

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

eclue

We wll be leaving Barcelona on Saturday, July 30th. Our flight out is at 7 am...anyone have an idea what time we need to be at the airport and also do we need to arrange a private transport or will taxis be plentiful so early in the morning. I am guessing that we need to leave the hotel by 5am at the latest.

I had checked on a private transprt and they quoted 59 euros which seemd very high considering the airport is less than 8 miles away..

Anyone know if the airport bus runs all night...we might have too much luggage to do the bus..

Thanks,

eclue

Just have your hotel book you a taxi in the morning. It is easy. And I think better than staying in the airport hotel.

eclue,

where is your flight to? If to Europe 1-1.5 hr prior at the airport is sufficient. There will probably not be anybody at the counter much earlier than that.

59 euros does sound high (although at that time of the morning there is probably a surcharge). I recommend asking the hotel what is the typical charge for a taxi at that time of the morning. They can call a taxi for you that same morning.

After thinking about your idea to stay at Air Rooms, I went online and found TRyp Barcelona Aeropuerto which is 2 miles to the airport and has free 24 hour shuttle service and quite reasonable at 84.15 euros.....Guess better to spend the last night closer and not have to hassle waiting for a taxi , etc....I am not amorning person nd whatever makes it easier works for me...:cool:

After thinking about your idea to stay at Air Rooms, I went online and found TRyp Barcelona Aeropuerto which is 2 miles to the airport and has free 24 hour shuttle service and quite reasonable at 84.15 euros.....Guess better to spend the last night closer and not have to hassle waiting for a taxi , etc....I am not amorning person nd whatever makes it easier works for me...:cool:

Good move.

As to what time to get to the airport check with your airline.

Keith

We have done the same flight time, and would not waste the time staying near the airport teh night before. We had the hotel arrange a taxi , and there was very little traffic on teh road at that hour, 20 minutes max to the airport from central Barcelona. Time is another issue. Soemtimes the check in lines can be quite long. Also, if you want to get your VAT back on any purchases that you have made, you need to allow time to go Customs before you check in(if you want to repack the items rather than carry them on the plane.). I think that we got picked up at 4:30 or 4:45 and had enough time. It was interesting to see all of the people on the Ramblas at that hour who had obviously not yet been to bed.

We have about the same flight time, we checked with our hotel and they said they can arrange a taxi for us no problem. I was a bit nervous because it would be so early, but the girl said that it happens all the time. We also didn't want to stay near the airport.

If you're staying near Sants or Franca station, the train is the way to go...

Dear friends:

Greetings from Madrid.

There really is nothing happening in the area by the airport. By staying at an airport hotel you are missing out on the Barcelona experience.

At that hour of the morning, it will really take you no more than 20 minutes or so to get to the airport. If you are staying in the Plaza de Catalunya Las Ramblas area, the airport is very accessible either right along the water or by driving along Gran Vía.

If staying at one of the upper Eixample hotels, the taxi will use Avenida Diagonal to get you to the airport.

It really is very close and at that hour there will be no traffic.

Even if you are staying at a hotel closer to the airport, I don't envision you leaving much later than 5 am anyway, so why miss out on the Barcelona city experience?

Just my two euro cents.

Kind regards,

Gunther and Uta

When you arrive at your hotel, take a look outside and see if there is a taxi stand nearby. There are many throughout the city. The last time I had an early flight I just walked out of my hotel and went to the corner where there were many taxis just waiting. It is less expensive than if you have the hotel call one!

I agree that if there is NO taxi stand nearby then the hotel will arrange one for you and you will be at the airport in plenty of time!

we got a taxi to the ship from las ramblas,just a few dollars ,coming back to go to the airport was 40 dollars,taxis are lined up ,so the charge what they want ,so no need to book .We got off the ship at 7 am,to catch a 19am flight.

The hotel will call for a taxi for you.

Have a great time as we did ,but watch your wallets even in you front pocket,we nearly got ours stolen in Pisa.

Lesley

Archived