New Sabatinis Menu?

Saruman

Recent cruisers: Has Sabatinis changed its menu? Seems to me I read something about doing away with the "Bring 'em a little of everything" concept and going to entree selection only.

Recent cruisers: Has Sabatinis changed its menu? Seems to me I read something about doing away with the "Bring 'em a little of everything" concept and going to entree selection only.

Just off Emerald, and was given a little of everything.

Was on the Sapphire in March and they still did the "bring a little of everthing". Although we tended to skip some of the appetizers and just had a few that are favorites.

Otherwise it is just too much food.

Jim

I am confused with the way that your question is worded. When they bring you a little bit of everything those everything's are before the entre. The only thing you actually choose is the entre. Did you read that they done away with the before entre selections? Is it now like the MDR where you pick appetizers, soup, and salad? I hope they didn’t change it. That was the whole point of eating there. The entre selection is not much different than the MDR.

I am confused with the way that your question is worded. When they bring you a little bit of everything those everything's are before the entre. The only thing you actually choose is the entre. Did you read that they done away with the before entre selections? Is it now like the MDR where you pick appetizers, soup, and salad? I hope they didn’t change it. That was the whole point of eating there. The entre selection is not much different than the MDR.

I thought I read something here that Princess was changing the way Sabatinis worked, making it more like the MDR, where you choose everything...and not being the three hour event it was. Perhaps I've imagined it.

I recall that as well. Someone in a review mentioned that they were told the menu was changing to one that you order all your preferred items (apps, through dessert). They were no longer going to just serve the early courses.

I recall that as well. Someone in a review mentioned that they were told the menu was changing to one that you order all your preferred items (apps, through dessert). They were no longer going to just serve the early courses.

Thank you! I was beginning to think I imagined it! :D

I just received the Sabitini's menu from Princess.

The menu looks the same to me. If it’s new I am glad they kept the veal chop on it. Maybe they ask you to choose in which case I would choose more than one appetizer and /or entre like I do in the MDR.

I don’t remember having soup. It’s hard to remember because last time they just asked us to select the main entre so I didn’t memorize all the appetizers but most of them are familiar.

Did you request this menu through the Princess website?

As much as DH have enjoyed our dining experiences in Sabatini's, we always regret having eaten so much! Even if we pace ourselves and don't eat all of the antipasti offerings, we're still quite full by the time that our entrees arrive and never have room for dessert.

In some ways, I wish that we could choose to have a cold or hot antipasto course that is served on a platter for the table or on small individual plates. Diners could select cold, hot, or both, if they want to sample a little of everything, but waiters would not circulate continuously bringing new appetizers. At times it's been intrusive to have waiters hovering constantly as they serve every table multiple antipasti offerings. Upscale Italian eateries often serve an antipasto platter (complimentary in some establishments) for diners to enjoy while they have cocktails and contemplate the menu/wine list.

DH and I wouldn't miss the multiple appetizers if Princess were to alter their presentation of same, nor would we feel that the dining experience is less special if there wasn't as much food. The venue is lovely - especially on the Emerald and Ruby (probably the Crown, too) - and Sabatini's is a "must do" at least once.

Bon Appetit!

Chris

some of you folks are really weird. you pay extra for a dinner and princess tries to make it a memorable experience and you blame them for your overeating. please remember 95% of folks love sabitinas. i also love the veal chop but the quality is different every time. i always rely on the waiter to tell me the truth and thay do! hey folks DONT gO

Gosh -- people can like what they like for whatever reasons! It is perfectly legitimate to not like something cause its too much food at one time.

I don't like Sabatini's because I prefer to CONTROL the pace of what I eat without constant interruption to ask if I want an item I do not like. Different strokes for different folks.

In some ways, I wish that we could choose to have a cold or hot antipasto course that is served on a platter for the table or on small individual plates. Diners could select cold, hot, or both, if they want to sample a little of everything, but waiters would not circulate continuously bringing new appetizers. At times it's been intrusive to have waiters hovering constantly as they serve every table multiple antipasti offerings. Upscale Italian eateries often serve an antipasto platter (complimentary in some establishments) for diners to enjoy while they have cocktails and contemplate the menu/wine list.

When we went to Sabatinis last year, it was different. They brought out one large plate of small samplings of cold appetizers for each of us and then one large plate of small samplings of hot appetizers for each of us. We really enjoyed it. I don't know if this was unique to the ship or our waiter, but we're hoping it's the same when we go in September.

When we went to Sabatinis last year, it was different. They brought out one large plate of small samplings of cold appetizers for each of us and then one large plate of small samplings of hot appetizers for each of us. We really enjoyed it. I don't know if this was unique to the ship or our waiter, but we're hoping it's the same when we go in September.

This has not been our experience in any of our visits to Sabatini's, but it's precisely what I would prefer for sampling the cold/hot appetizers. The antipasti can be savored at leisure while guests sip cocktails or wine, enjoy crusty Italian bread or crunchy breadsticks, and carry on a conversation without the constant interruptions by roving waitstaff bringing additional samplings. jmo

Bon Appetit!

Chris

This is more what I was expecting from the rumored "new" menu/procedure. And no, I'm not whining about too much food, either. Just curious about what if any changes were happening. :cool:

What ship were you on? I would probably enjoy it done this way!

We were on the Sapphire in December and it was served this way. Made the meal not so drawn out and much more enjoyable.

Wonderful! We are on the sapphire in Oct to Hawaii -- so we will give it another try!

We LOVE Sabatinis...on our week cruise to the W. Caribbean we ate there twice and I'd have eaten a 3 rd time if I could have gotten into my pants. I love the menu and the time we get to take as we eat a romantic dinner for 2. What's nice is that we can order anything off the menu...2 or 3 main entrees if we want and I did that on the second dinner. For $20 you just cannot beat this dinner anywhere and I've eaten all over the world. I can't wait to eat here again on the Grand in Nov. on our TA Cruise...I will eat there at least 4 times.

Archived