Live from Silver Spirit, Voyage 5110G!

Atomica

Here in Athens, about to board the Silver Spirit for a weeklong Mediterranean cruise to Barcelona. I'm also writing about it "live" as I go, so please feel free to follow along at:

http://www.fromthedeckchair.com/

Yesterday's post on Athens is already up!

http://avidcruiser.com/ftdc/2011/05/02/silver-spirit-live-voyage-report-day-2/

Any questions, I'll do my best to answer while onboard!

Fabulous pics of Athens which is one of my favourite cities. I must plan another visit very soon.

If you get a moment, could you please share some of the white wine selections currently available on Spirit? We are sailing on her within the month.

Thanks so much for the fabulous photos and wonderful post. You were on the Spirit in December the week after we were. We're back on in August. Can you tell us what deck your cabin is on and who your butler is? We'd also be interested in hearing whAt other crew members from December are with you. Thank you and enjoy!

Here in Athens, about to board the Silver Spirit for a weeklong Mediterranean cruise to Barcelona. I'm also writing about it "live" as I go, so please feel free to follow along

Hi Atomica

Am thoroughly enjoying your live blog. Your pics are spectacular, u have a real talent for photography.

Enjoy your trip.

Cheers

Jennifer

I've just read the Day 3 report on your blog - thank you once again for the wonderful pictures of Athens. But also of Silver Spirit. While it's nice to look at official pics produced by SS it is SO much better, IMO, to see real pics from real fellow cruisers. The suite looks lovely...I'm starting to look forward to my cruise again after having some anxieties and doubts!

Thank you!

"Passengers completing the full World Cruise have a little plaque outside their stateroom doors ..."

As a couple of ordinary cats with limited means, we don't expect to have such an opportunity in life ... meow!

I'm not holding my breathe for a plaque. ;) Being able to only cruise once a year for 10 to 14 days means a number of years before we'd come anywhere close to the number of days you'd need for a full World Cruise and no way could we get away from home to do it all in one chunk. Sounds amazing and attractive but almost beyond even our wildest dreams.

Your blog is the best I've come across. It's one thing to read about a cruise experience, it's another to actually see the experience. Thank you for sharing.

NOVA featured the archeologists who are trying to make sense of all the boulders and put the temple back together. You have to be impressed by their patience, because one look at the pile and I'd go "Ummm, nevermind, they look good on the ground just the same".

Enjoy the rest of your vacation.

Thanks for the great blog with all the commentary and photos. It couldn't be more timely for us. We are sailing from Athens on September 24 and are doing Silversea's pre-stay at Intercontinental. Since they indicated that it included private car to the ship and we were not tied to a coach, I went for the add-on yesterday before reading your article today. I'm looking for just a taste of Athens like you did. Sounds great. We will be back on the Wind for the first time since the renovations. One of our favorite cruises (though we love them all) was on Wind, but after two trips on Spirit, it will be a change.

Thanks so much for the fabulous photos and wonderful post. You were on the Spirit in December the week after we were. We're back on in August. Can you tell us what deck your cabin is on and who your butler is? We'd also be interested in hearing whAt other crew members from December are with you. Thank you and enjoy!

There were many crew onboard from our December voyage, and it was so fantastic to see them all again. IMHO, the crew make the Silversea experience that much better. Many though are disembarking after the World Cruise finishes up in Southampton on the 19th, so I'd expect to see a fair changeover after that. But Captain Corsaro just joined in Dubai, so he will be on for a bit.

We were on Deck 8, and our butler was the fantastic Arnel.

Hi Atomica

Am thoroughly enjoying your live blog. Your pics are spectacular, u have a real talent for photography.

Enjoy your trip.

Cheers

Jennifer

Thank you so much Jennifer - it means a lot to me. I have a lot of fun taking the photos - took almost 1,400 this trip, so expect to see more on the blog for a good while!

Archived