Will ship employees take a photo for you?

My hubby and I will be going on Oasis this December and will be celebrating a 1 year anniversary AND my 30th. So since we are going to be going with just each other I am a bit nervous most of the photos will be one of us instead of both of us.

Can anyone tell me if Royal ship employees are cool with snapping a quick photo? Also, if they say yes, should we give them a tip? Don't want to insult them either way.

If anyone has tips for how to get great photos if its just the two of you sailing I would looooooooove to hear it.

thanks!

Don't forget to ask your fellow passengers! :)

Look for another couple/family who are taking pictures (keep an eye out for the ones with nice cameras, they will be more likely to take good pictures) and ask them if they would like you to take a group shot of them. Most of the time they will offer to do the same for you.

If you are a bad picture taker, then just ask someone passing by if they will take a picture of you guys together.

We've all been in the same boat (pun intended) about wanting to get pictures of everyone all together. I know I'm always happy to take pictures for people, and I've NEVER been turned down when I've asked others.

Yes, much of the time the staff would be willing to take your picture. Often I have been taking a picture of my wife, or her taking one of me and a staff member has serendipitously offered to take one of both of us. Most of the staff on RCI ships are extremely friendly. No need to tip for someone taking your picture.

yes they will take pictures for you and they may even offer to be in the picture with you! Although for them to be in the picture with you, you are going to have to draft someone else to take that picture.....:D

Most crew aim to please...they are generally happiest when they have lots of happy passengers around. I can city speicifc cruises when they were surrounded by unhappy or passengers who ignored the crew so when we interacted they'd anything they could to make sure we were having a good cruise! Just a kind request and you should be good!

Enjoy the anniversary.

I would be shocked if someone refused especially a crew member. DW is notorious for handing the camera to strangers to take our picture. The usual response you will get is "is the picture OK or do you need me to snap another one?"

I started a thread on this subject a while back because I get embarrassed and feel we are imposing on people. Out of dozens of replies not one person had a problem.

Out of hundreds of times my wife handed the camera to someone to take our picture, the only time anyone ever said no was once in NYC.

Well since I travel 75% of the time solo I do not mind stopping and taking photos of couple or groups while on my cruise. Heck I even do that when I cruise with my family.

I work in the Hostpitality industry. So it is second nature when I see couples or familys on vacation. I often time offer to take their group photo.

Here's another solution to the problem. Buy yourself a Gorillapod. While it may not be perfect for all photo opportunities, it will come in handy for a lot of them, especially if just the two of you are someplace alone i.e. a quiet beach or relaxing in an empty lounge during the day.

I am the kind of person who stops and ASKS families and couples if they want me to take their group photo! Takes two seconds out of my day, and just might be their favorite memory keepsake of their vacation. Of course, I live in Orlando where practically everyone is on vacation, so I get a lot of opportunity to do this at theme parks!

I am the kind of person who stops and ASKS families and couples if they want me to take their group photo! Takes two seconds out of my day, and just might be their favorite memory keepsake of their vacation. Of course, I live in Orlando where practically everyone is on vacation, so I get a lot of opportunity to do this at theme parks!

I am like you, I love to take photos. Anytime I see 2 people taking photos of each other, or a group with one person taking the photo, I always stop and ask if they want in the shot. This sometimes slows us up on where we are going, but my husband is starting to get used to it.

I started off doing it when it was just the two of us traveling, I would ask in hopes that someone would return the favor, but it has gotten to be a habit and now I do it even when with groups.

ask away.

PS. love that grillapod! may have to get one of those.

There's also another "gizmo" out there, but I don't know the name of it...it's a pole about a foot long that extends to about 3, that you can mount the camera to and do a self portrait of the two of you by holding it out in front of you...there's an "electronic" trigger that somehow sets off the shutter on the camera...saw one in use on our Liberty trip...would love to add that to our photo bag!

Archived