Bottled Water?

dan1618

The water on board is just about the best water that exists. Most (not all) is desalinated. It tastes great, is as pure as water gets, and can't be beat.
Agreed! We do, however, buy a couple bottles for when we are off the ship. They can be re-filled on the ship between ports.:)

dan1618 ... we're right behind you on the Oosterdam!:D

Cheers!

I agree with all of the other posters that the ship's water is just fine.

One item we have found handy are small tubes containing Crystal Light which are great for the half liter or 600 ml water bottles often handed out on excursons. The fruit flavors seem to be more refreshing than pure water and have no sugar or calories.

We always take a few packets on any excursion where the temperature is expected to be warm.

Scott & Karen

The water on the ship is way more pure than any bottled water.....

bOTTLED water is one of the greatest ruses of the 20th cnetury, where through careful advertising people were made to fear for their very lives un less they drank this special water.... Its all smoke and mirrors and people with out a thought oay more for water than a Coke, a gallon of gas.........

If you feel the need, however, consider that you should also take magic beans and a rabbits foot too... contact me I can sell you both.

buy a canteen fill it from the tap in the cabin.... you will be fine.

The bottled water companies are raking in millions and snaring in many more gullible people every single day. (Not to even speak of all the plastic bottles, floating around as trash everywhere!). We live in southern Arizona, in a super-dry climate and have never ever bought bottled water. We're 80 and 70 respectively and haven't dried up yet:D

I don't know whether I agree. The water tastes fine, however ... if you have certain health problems I think you may be better with bottled water. Saw an onboard acupuncturist on the last cruise I took for some foot pain I was having. She told me that I was not getting enough pure water. The ship water on board is heavily dosed with chemicals to make it safe. I have hep C and really made it a point to drink more bottled water after that. I felt much better doing so.

I don't know whether I agree. The water tastes fine, however ... if you have certain health problems I think you may be better with bottled water. Saw an onboard acupuncturist on the last cruise I took for some foot pain I was having. She told me that I was not getting enough pure water. The ship water on board is heavily dosed with chemicals to make it safe. I have hep C and really made it a point to drink more bottled water after that. I felt much better doing so.

Let's see. Someone who specializes in sticking knitting needles into your foot has enough specialized knowledge about medicine, water chemistry, and nutrition to know all about what is in the water on the ship and what it can do to your body.

If you believe that, I have several bridges to sell you.

If the "bad" shipboard water was making your feet hurt, maybe you should soak your feet in the bottled water instead of drinking it. Before you believe that ship water is bad for you, I would suggest that you take sample of it and bring it to a certified water analysis lab.

If you still believe that the water is bad for you in spite of what the science will tell you, go to your local outdoor supply store and buy a water purifier that filters out microbes and viruses and also has a carbon filter that removes organics. It will cost you about $50 and will last essentially forever. With bottled water at $5 per bottle, you break even after 10 bottles.

DON

The ship water isn't heavily dosed with chemicals. It is desalinated. Desalination creates about the purest water there is.

I have Hep C as well, and don't know any effect pure water has in treating it.

Ships water has a few chemicals....one is chlorine ....min. amount though but as per law (code). And depending on the particular ship's system. The water still contains a higher sodium content due from desalination process and or water softening using other salts and minerals during filtration, this is why it tastes soooo good. But if your like me, I need to watch my sodium intake and have to watch the food I eat along with the water I drink, especially if I drink alot of water, feet swelling is a sure sign to me to lighten up on the salt. So I usually just bring my own water on board, bottled water that I know is sodium free (really good tasting bottled water has sodium in it...lol ) And if I drink sodium free water...I can eat more of that good tasting food...well at least a bit more.:D

Archived