hal or celebrity in australia for 25yr old honwymooners?

mcgorr

My daughter aged 25 wants a cruise from Australia for her honeymoon in January. Having been on hal a few times in Europe and the States I know the crowd is older, is it the same in Australia? WOuld she be wise to book it considering there's a Celebrity ship out a few days later which may be inconvenient but possible. Any suggestions?

We've only been on one Celebrity cruise, compared to several on HAL, including one New Zealand/Australia cruise, which over the Christmas holidays. I didn't really see much difference in the age of the cruisers on them. They are pretty similar cruise lines, IMHO, though others may disagree. Gregdude is probably correct that since that is summer there, there may well be younger cruisers. When we were in Australia, those from the USA were in the minority, with most being Ozzies or Kiwis. It was a wonderful trip, and my guess is that on a honeymoon they won't mind anyway. ;)

Tnis is their honeymoon right ;) I'd take HAL - they have the best beds at sea - even beat Crystal;):) Personally, I find HAL more atuned for a romantic time, but it's all subjective :)

Tnis is their honeymoon right ;) I'd take HAL - they have the best beds at sea - even beat Crystal;):) Personally, I find HAL more atuned for a romantic time, but it's all subjective :)

Well, actually it may be a fact that HAL is more atuned for a romantic time. But if you want to know how I know that, why you'll just have to go on wondering.:o

Well, actually it may be a fact that HAL is more atuned for a romantic time. But if you want to know how I know that, why you'll just have to go on wondering.:o

and I'm not going to ask ;) he;)he;)he LOL:)

We chose Hal over Celebrity because we loved the itinerary was better with the added Australian ports. In this class the service and food will be so similar you really have to go with Hal.

I would select an itinerary, then a ship. I would very be careful in selecting the ship...do the research and watch out for some of the older ships that have persistent engineering issues-HVAC, plumbing, etc. After many cruises we have found that the ship is as important, sometimes more important, than the cruise line. You cannot control the crew and ship's management but you surely know when you are on a well managed, 'happy' ship vs. one with low crew morale.

We have never taken an Australian cruise so cannot comment on the demographics.

DW now prefers Celebrity for service, food, ships, and entertainment. But that is very much a personal opinion-and these can be heaviliy influenced by your 'last cruise' on a certain cruiseline.

I didn't find the crowd older in Australila when we went. For the op - what ships (exact ones are you looking at). previous point is very good. There are certain HAL ships that I LOVE to cruise and would gladly recommend for a first timer.

Might help if you post the ship's names and then we can be sure on our recommendations;)

I would guess the two ships are the Century and Volendam.

I am cruising on the Century in Dec. Like the shorter iten starts in Auckland and goes to Sydney. Then I plan to spend a few days in Sydney. I think the HAL ship does round trip Sydney with more sea days. I love sea days but not at the rates the ships get in Oz during high season. This cruise is really about the ports.

Celebrity has a very restrictive smoking policy. Only one indoor and one outdoor spot allows smoking and NO smoking in cabins or balconies. If everything else is close, then that policy can really matter. Also Celebrity is running some deals that include the airfare and OBC.

Archived