Canada in June?

sue cubic

Did this cruise the end of July and it was cool at times....foggy and misty while at sea. On the way back, the fog horn blew what seemed like every 5 minutes the entire night. We're on this cruise as well...you should go to the roll call board and sign up for the meet and greet.

It's best to plan for warm and cool temps because you never know. You can't go wrong with layers..

Hope this helps!

We did the 5 nighter in june a few years back and the weather varied wildly. From upper 70's to lower 40's, from beautiful, clear skies to rainy and overcast, from unlimited visibility to blinding fog.

In other words, go prepared for anything! We didn't and it sucked at times!

As far as tours, we did the city tour and reversing falls. Not a bad tour to get to know the area. Reversing Falls aren't really falls, (they are more like rapids that change directions). There's plenty to do near the port without needing to take a tour.

We did it in early June a few years ago. Loved it! Each day was beautiful with gorgeous blue cloudless skies! It was a tad cool when you were not in the sun, but we all wore (and needed) shorts and sunglasses. I will say that we were told it was the FIRST group of sunny days they had had all spring. Perhaps we really lucked out!

We went to Peggy's Cove. Now that was cold! Beautiful blue skies, but FREEZING by the lighthouse. The wind was the problem. I remember scouring the gift shop for a decent sweatshirt to buy. I didn't end up getting one in the gift shop, but many members of our party of 9 did. I did finally purchase one at the port before getting back on the ship.

It was a great cruise. We are actually thinking of doing it again! Have a super time!

Oh yes, one more thing. We did NO ship excursions. We did everything on our own, including Revering Falls, which I seem to remember we walked to - a long walk - but able to be done. We took a taxi back to the port from Reversing Falls and shopped near the port.

We rented a car at the other port. It was easy and economical!:o

Anyone done the 4-day cruise NY-> St. John's in June? Leaving this Sunday. Temps look fairly cool to me? Any tips or advice on clothing? Favorite shore excursions?

Sue

The humidex was 107 degrees here Tuesday and this morning it is about 45.

If you can figure out our weather, please let us know.

did this cruise a few years back during hot sunny August...but had friends that did late June so here it goes...

windy, cool...little use of pool

Halifax...sunny and nice...around 75

so if it were me, I would be packing capris, jeans, long and short sleeve tops and mayby one nightime outfit....a pair of good walking shoes and maybe a pair of evening shoes....and sweatshirts....throw one bathing suit in and be done with it.

Anyone done the 4-day cruise NY-> St. John's in June? Leaving this Sunday. Temps look fairly cool to me? Any tips or advice on clothing? Favorite shore excursions?

Sue

We live in Saint John and June tends to be one of our better months for weather, at least it seems that way to me. Having said that, bring a sweater. If its foggy it will be cool for the non residents :p.

You could consider an excursion to St Martins. Its a small fishing village on the outskirts of Saint John. Its a nice place we like to visit a couple times every summer. We always take a nice walk on the shore and then hit the restaurant for the best seafood you'll ever eat.

If you would like to do your own thing then walk around town and head to the city market. Lots to see in the market and lts of little quaint places to get a lunch. There's places like the Hodo Chocolate shop, a Korean cafe, Lord's Lobsters.

Here's a couple links for you

http://www.sjcitymarket.ca/index.html

http://www.stmartinscanada.com/

We live in Saint John and June tends to be one of our better months for weather, at least it seems that way to me. Having said that, bring a sweater. If its foggy it will be cool for the non residents :p.

You could consider an excursion to St Martins. Its a small fishing village on the outskirts of Saint John. Its a nice place we like to visit a couple times every summer. We always take a nice walk on the shore and then hit the restaurant for the best seafood you'll ever eat.

If you would like to do your own thing then walk around town and head to the city market. Lots to see in the market and lts of little quaint places to get a lunch. There's places like the Hodo Chocolate shop, a Korean cafe, Lord's Lobsters.

Here's a couple links for you

http://www.sjcitymarket.ca/index.html

http://www.stmartinscanada.com/

St Martins sounds very nice. What options are there for getting there? Would we have to rent a car?

St Martins sounds very nice. What options are there for getting there? Would we have to rent a car?

we booked a private driver thru Freedom Tours when we were there in 2007...St.Martins is a way off and with a driver you stop at a number of nice places before and after.....

very nice people in St. John and the tour was beautiful....think about it

we booked a private driver thru Freedom Tours when we were there in 2007...St.Martins is a way off and with a driver you stop at a number of nice places before and after.....

very nice people in St. John and the tour was beautiful....think about it

That sounds really nice. We were trying to keep this cruise very low key since we are doing the Eastern Med in November and we have been to St. John before. So we weren't considering any excursions. Our only plan was to take a tour of the Loyalist House and walk around a bit. But you have me very tempted. :)

We are on the same cruise as you. we were in St. John last year and walked around the town on our own. This time we are going on a ships excursion.

Top 10 Best of Saint John

If you want to see and do it all in one day, this is the tour for you! Combining the best of the region’s rich history and heritage with the natural beauty of the world-famous Bay of Fundy, you’ll discover the favorites of locals and visitors alike on this tour that features the Top 10 things to see and do in Saint John and the Bay of Fundy.

On this excursion you will:

Visit the famous Reversing Falls Rapids, where the highest tides in the world battle the St. John River and force it to flow backwards twice daily.

Explore St. Martins, a traditional fishing village on the shores of the Bay of Fundy.

Stroll along a rugged Bay of Fundy Beach and see the Sea Caves in St. Martins.

Experience coastal scenery while travelling along the Bay of Fundy Shoreline.

Photograph charming Covered Bridges.

Explore the Vibrant Saint John City Market and chat with the local vendors.

Visit the interactive and dynamic New Brunswick Museum, where you can explore all things New Brunswick from local art to the Hall of Great Whales.

See the site of Moosehead Brewery, the oldest independent brewery in Canada.

Hear about Saint John’s rich military history as your tour takes you past key sites such as the Carleton Martello Tower and Fort Howe.

See the Victorian architecture of the Historic District, including stately homes, historic churches, and much more.

NOTE: Lunch is not included in this tour, but you’ll have time for lunch on your own at the Old City Market or the Sea Caves Restaurant in St. Martins.

See you soon! :D

That sounds really nice. We were trying to keep this cruise very low key since we are doing the Eastern Med in November and we have been to St. John before. So we weren't considering any excursions. Our only plan was to take a tour of the Loyalist House and walk around a bit. But you have me very tempted. :)

the full day tour was about 50 to 60 dollars per person....

You could rent a car quite easily. It would be about an hours drive both ways so make sure you plan accordingly. You'll want to go to the Cave View restaurant and walk along the shore line. Also check to see if there is a Carnival excursion to St Martins, I bet there is.

Archived