OASIS PROPOSAL COMPLETE (illini-grad)

Congrats! What a wonderful proposal.

I have been following the thread and you are one amazing man! Jimmy you put so much thought and work into the proposal. Your fiance is a very lucky woman to have you in her life. I could only dream of a proposal as wonderful as yours. Best wishes to you and your fiance.

Congrats!!

PS Do you have any single friends or brothers as thoughtful as you? :D

Congratulations to you and your fiancee Jimmy!

Thank you for sharing the pictures and video - so beautiful - it brought tears to my eyes. I am so glad everything went perfect as planned. Here is wishing you and the future Mrs. Jimmy a long wonderful lifetime together filled with love, happiness, and the best of everything.

Debbie, you did great!

I think we all had a great cruise on the Oasis. But for a very special couple, may it be a memory you will cherish together, hand-in-hand, in love forever.

~ Judy

Edited by FloridaPalms

Debbie F - again, thank you!!! The vid is awesome. Almost 400 views in less than 24 hours.....good times! I even sent it to Ellen Degeneres show I must admit :) The more views the better!!

JMF123....I told her about the comment, and that she needs to use it at all times, hahaaaaaaa. She loved the comment!

Linda (AZ)......it really happened, it's finally over. Unreal. All this planning, and it all became reality. It went like clockwork, it couldn't have gone any smoother......And no worries on the tissues, when I watch it, I can get pretty emotional too. I look at the video and think of all the time put into the proposal and then to watch it unfold like that on video is such an awesome feeling.

will773...thanks man! They always say a girl likes all the mushy stuff, etc. but to see you enjoy the video as a guy is really cool. I really appreciate it. I love the video obviously, but even if it wasn't my proposal, I would still be like how cool for the guy to actually plan all of it. Really appreciate you watching it.

FloridaPalms....it was an awesome cruise. I am sorry I didn't make it to the Meet/Mingle session, but I just couldn't risk someone slipping up and asking about the proposal. I had waited 2 months for it, and the last thing I wanted to happen was for someone to accidently say something.......I hope you had a wonderful cruise.

MFINNIS....she actually didn't cry until the next day. She was in such shock when it happened, literally the whole night. We went to see Hairspray that night about 2 hours after the proposal, and she was just staring at the ring not believing it really happened. We watched the video the next day, and then the tears came :)

LALALISA....hahaaaaaaaaa, so true!! I have to propose in order to get out of dancing, haha!!

EVERYONE......thank you so much for your kind words and taking the time to watch the video. It truly means a lot to us. We only know you guys virtually, except for me meeting Debbie onboard, but thank you, truly thank you for helping with this. The support has been amazing for it all. My fiance is now seeing all the support I have had with the diff posts, and all of the comments, and she is floored by it all. It was such a fun night.......to have the video to remember it all, is so wonderful.

Why do men feel the need to make a public spectacle out of what should be a private moment? :rolleyes:

I hope you're kidding with this! Funny that you are the only one with a negative comment. :(

Be happy for him and his bride to be.

BRIANALT.......it finally became real huh? It is okay to be teary eyed man, no worries. I am almost everytime I watch it. You were with me from the beginning 2 months ago when all this was planned.....very surreal that it all happened the way it was meant to.

Dizney.....thank you for the comments, and for commenting on the negaive one that was posted a couple before you. I am not sure why the negative comment is on something like this. I would prefer people to just be happy for one another especially at a time like this. This is a great time in my life right now after just getting my 2nd Master's and now this proposal.

BEARING316...you are another that was there from the start :) Thank you for your comments!! The ring looks so much better out of the box, hahaaa :)

Stranger......I am shocked at the negative comment to be honest. I find no need for it whatsoever at a time like this. Why even post something if you are going to be so negative? And just for your info, my idea was to be private.......however, she wanted a few people around so I made it happen.

CONGRATULATIONS Jimmy and the future Mrs. Jimmy!!!!!!!!!!!! This has been such an exciting journey - I wish both of you the best as you begin the next phase of your life together!!!!

Thank you for posting the video!!! Your excitement during the planning phase was infectious and it was so wonderful to actually get to see the moment captured on film. Thank you for sharing with us. (Debbie - WONDERFUL job!!!! Thank you for stepping in for those of us who were rooting for Jimmy but weren't on the cruise and couldn't help out!!).

Any chance the wedding will be shipboard??? Please come back to the board and check in with us from time to time!!!

CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Debbie F - again, thank you!!! The vid is awesome. Almost 400 views in less than 24 hours.....good times! I even sent it to Ellen Degeneres show I must admit :) The more views the better!!

JMF123....I told her about the comment, and that she needs to use it at all times, hahaaaaaaa. She loved the comment!

Linda (AZ)......it really happened, it's finally over. Unreal. All this planning, and it all became reality. It went like clockwork, it couldn't have gone any smoother......And no worries on the tissues, when I watch it, I can get pretty emotional too. I look at the video and think of all the time put into the proposal and then to watch it unfold like that on video is such an awesome feeling.

will773...thanks man! They always say a girl likes all the mushy stuff, etc. but to see you enjoy the video as a guy is really cool. I really appreciate it. I love the video obviously, but even if it wasn't my proposal, I would still be like how cool for the guy to actually plan all of it. Really appreciate you watching it.

Jimmy, thats cool that you sent it to Ellen ...let us know if anything happens with that...fingers crossed!!

There are so many great posts here, each one special in its own way. I speak for myself and probably most others when I say that your proposal is one of the best, all the planning has paid off and it was so perfect. Your fiancé is one lucky girl!!!! She is beautiful and very lucky to have a guy like you!