OASIS PROPOSAL COMPLETE (illini-grad)

Congratulations, Jimmy to you and your fiance'. Also congrats on your wonderful academic achievement.

To Perfect Stranger, you don't have to understand why anyone chooses to do the things they do. It's really none of your business. You would do things differently. So what. Keep it to yourself.

HGMIZZOU...........thank you so much! You were also in it from the start, and I thank you for your help and kind words! Yes, Debbie did awesome!!! No plans for cruise wedding, but will possibly do a cruise honeymoon :)

Stranger.....again, I say, it was not MY plan to have it in front of people. My fiance said if she could have it in a way she wanted, she wanted a few people around, over a private setting. My first idea was to do it on the balcony privately..........

Rene.........sounds good to me!!!!!!!!!!!!! You two deserve to come!! :)

cruisinmama, thank you! And thanks for checking back to see how it all went. It was so much fun! All the planning really paid off greatly!

y2j.......thank you for your comments about engagement and academic stuff,I really appreciate it. And I agree with you............this was MY PROPOSAL, not anyone else's...........I did it the way I WANTED TO.........everyone has their own opinion, and that is fine, but I just am not sure a negative comment to a thread like this is really necessary like what was done.

I'm another one that has been waiting for you to get back. I'm on my lunch hour at work so can't even look at the video yet, but will be the first thing I do when I get home. Thanks for posting the other pictures too. Looks like everything went perfectly as you had planned.

I see you said that your honeymoon may be on a ship, but is there a date for the wedding?

And do let all of us know if you hear back from Ellen! What fun would that be.

Best wishes for many, many years of happiness together!:D

jst4fun715............thanks so much! Definitely watch the video, but definitely read about the planning first before watching. You obviously know how much planning was involved, but its fun to read prior to video watching.

No wedding date set, still in awe of engagement really happened, and that I do not have school in my life anymore. I would assume between Aug - Oct next yr.

I sent it to Ellen and posted it on Oprah's website. You never know?!

Congrats to you and your future wife. What a wonderful memory both you and she will have. I have to say, watching the video brought back some memories of when I proposed to my wife back in January 2010, but it wasn't on a cruise and a similar situation with me not liking to dance and such and that she was getting a chance to dance with me.

We just recently got married in May. Good luck in your future wedding plans. Just say, "Yes baby, that'll be great!" with excitement and enthusiasm and you'll make it through without a problem. :)

BRIANALT.......it finally became real huh? It is okay to be teary eyed man, no worries. I am almost everytime I watch it. You were with me from the beginning 2 months ago when all this was planned.....very surreal that it all happened the way it was meant to.

I know! It's amazing to have followed it to the completion. So glad I got the chance to do so. I showed my wife the video last night and told her how I was on these boards giving you ideas and how cool it was to see the results.

I wish the two of you many, many, MANY years of happiness.

BRIANALT....yep been there from the beginning an now you got to see it on video :) Thanks for showing your wife the video too, hope she enjoyed!

And thank you for the wishing many years of happiness. We are both still in awe of the whole thing. For me personally, I can't believe it is all done.....it seems like everyday for 2 months I was planning something for it while finishing school, so it's weird to not have to plan anymore.

Folks, Cruse Critic is about cruising and sharing stories about cruising. I personally think that illini-grad's story is one that needs to be shared, and I'm happy that he let us in on his preperations, and then the results......on video no less.

I don't understand why there should be anything negative mentioned, for such a wonderful occasion, that took place onboard a ship.

I told my story of becoming engaged on the Love Boat, the old Pacific Princess, and how we are happily married 14 years later.

So, to Illini-Grad, don't let anyone rain on your parade.

We just need a wedding date.........if you want to see a ship full of well wishers!!:)

Rick

Rick!

Thank you, I totally agree. I was very surprised at the negative comment yesterday. It was something that didn't need to be said and could have easily been kept to themself.

Like you said, it was done on a cruise ship, so I felt Cruise Critic was an awesome place to get some ideas and share some stories, and then obviously see the final result of the video.

No one is raining on this parade.....this parade is full of happiness and joy, and am very thankful to all the people who helped, sent well wishes, etc during the planning phase and then after.

The video has had almost 800 views last time I checked :)

More the better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rick!

Thank you, I totally agree. I was very surprised at the negative comment yesterday. It was something that didn't need to be said and could have easily been kept to themself.

Like you said, it was done on a cruise ship, so I felt Cruise Critic was an awesome place to get some ideas and share some stories, and then obviously see the final result of the video.

No one is raining on this parade.....this parade is full of happiness and joy, and am very thankful to all the people who helped, sent well wishes, etc during the planning phase and then after.

The video has had almost 800 views last time I checked :)

More the better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to you both...

Perfect Stranger is an a**!!!

BRIANALT....yep been there from the beginning an now you got to see it on video :) Thanks for showing your wife the video too, hope she enjoyed!

And thank you for the wishing many years of happiness. We are both still in awe of the whole thing. For me personally, I can't believe it is all done.....it seems like everyday for 2 months I was planning something for it while finishing school, so it's weird to not have to plan anymore.

Oh I beg to differ! You have a wedding and honeymoon coming up!! :D:D

EJPhilly...couldn't agree more. I do not know that person at all, but to come on here and be rude or make a negative comment was just totally uncalled for in my eyes. And especially knowing how much the other thread was followed to see how the planning was and then the outcome.

CodyC....it appears we think alike. The person didn't think of it on their own, so must make a mockery of it.

Mommanurse....you should check out the before thread. It has over 13,000 views on it. Planning started way back in March for this. Its been awesome ;)

bionicman..........thanks for checking back and seeing the result, greatly appreciated! Hope you enjoyed the video. I think I am down to watching it 5 times a day, hahaha :)

jst4fun....I know.........so true! The planning will never end, haha :) I just want 1 or 2 months off, that is all. Too much to ask? :)

bionicman..........thanks for checking back and seeing the result, greatly appreciated! Hope you enjoyed the video. I think I am down to watching it 5 times a day, hahaha :)

jst4fun....I know.........so true! The planning will never end, haha :) I just want 1 or 2 months off, that is all. Too much to ask? :)

Awesome video! Glad everything worked according to your plans. Best of luck to you guys in the future. Here's to raising the bar for the rest of us! Lol.