Oasis of the Seas Tips?

Cruise Diva-not all the aft areas are public areas. Some are cabin balconies. We were on deck 12. It is one of the public aft decks. Not sure which other ones are public. My friend and I watch a few shows from there. It was really interesting to see how the pool floor moves for the shows.

ITA with Trainman, get an oceanview balcony if you can. One of my biggest problems with the Oasis was that we couldn't see the water unless we went out onto the jogging track (deck five) or up to the pool deck. I missed seeing the water. Also, the sound of the pool deck (music, etc) echoes down through CP, which we found distracting. The CP balcony felt like we were staying in an Embassy Suites instead of a cruise.

Still, you will love your trip. Don't miss the parades through the Promenade as they are lots of fun, as are the shows. Book your shows in advance, as soon as you can, and try not to miss any of them as they are all quite fantastic.

BTW, the public areas at the aft of the ship are on decks 11 and 12. Great views and usually nobody there.

The most important tip is BOOK ALL YOUR SHOWS AS SOON AS YOU CAN! We have always done this, but those who don't are either miserable in line or pissed that they can't get in. Once you're booked, you don't have to worry about it. Even if you think you won't go to a show, book it ahead of time in case you decide to go. If you don't show, they give your spot to someone on standby 15 min before the show. Also, if you're thinking of specialty dining, book that ahead as well. This will save lots of headache. RCI is in the process of designing a on ship mobile phone system for passengers. The Royal Connect phones that used to be available on the Oasis didn't work well, but we were assured last week that a new system was in the works and would be implemented soon. Look for that because we loved the RC phones, even with their limitations. They were a great way to keep track of kids. I love the Oasis (as you can see) and would be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Does your daughter like to ice skate? My granddaughter was 13 on the Voyager OTS last March. She loves to ice skate. There is plenty of public ice skating time (no extra charge), and the ship provides the skates. She also took a private one hour lesson from one of the pro skaters (not sure the cost for this but I can find out if you want). I would guess the Oasis also has public skating and lessons.

I sailed this past March. I spent almost a year planning my trip. If you would like to send me your e-mail address, I will be happy to e-mail you all the tips and information I gathered during my planning.

I know you will have a WONDERFUL trip.

Me too???? I know that a lot of people are asking to reap the benefits of your hard work :o

I would love a copy of the Oasis tips we sail march 2012 this will be our first cruise.

Thanks so much

I would love to send them to you. I need an e-mail address to send them too. :D

I, too, would much appreciate a list of your tips.

mgoecke@live.com

Thanks

didicruiser1ataol.com

Sent!!! Enjoy!!!

I sailed this past March. I spent almost a year planning my trip. If you would like to send me your e-mail address, I will be happy to e-mail you all the tips and information I gathered during my planning.

I know you will have a WONDERFUL trip.

WE will be sailing in 10/11. Please send me your tips and information to tpclewis@yahoo.com. Thanks.

Sailing on the Oasis in March 2012 with my 13 year old daughter. Do you have any tips? Is this a good choice for a fairly active family? Will we have fun? We are staying in a Central Park view room, are they any good?

you and your daughter will love this ship.....its awesome...be sure to book your shows befove ...all of them are greay....i have not stayed in this room type yet but central park is beautiful as the view should match...if you want to know more ask...i love all there is to do for all ages, tutu

We just got off on Sat(6/18).It was myself,DH and DS(15yrs).We have 2 rules..Dinner together as a family and he gets off the ship with only us. That is our family time. After 18 cruises it works for us. Our son has no curfew now. When he was younger he did. Our son is mature for his age so he knows how to act. Not all teenagers are unruly. My theory is if its something they are used to they don't go crazy. We also set clear guidelines. When I was a teen during the summer I would leave after dinner and come back whenever.I've never been arrested,never did drugs,finished HS and college. I grew up in a large city where things like that were common. Each kid is different so treat them as such.

We had a balcony over the boardwalk and loved it. We watched the shows from our balcony and even the rehersals. The only bad thing about the cabin was in the am you could smell the doughnuts!

I think it's important for you to come up with rules that YOU are happy with. We are sailing on the Oasis NEXT WEEK!!! It will be my teens (18 & 2 almost 16yos) 4th cruise. By now they know what is expected of them and what we do and do not allow.

We enjoy cruising as a family because it gives us time to do things together, and for DH & I to get some much needed time alone.

Dinner as a family every night is a must. Also, they CANNOT leave the ship without us. They MUST leave a note as to where they are going to be (and we DO check on them),They CANNOT be on the helipad after dark, they CANNOT be in ANYONE elses cabin nor are they allowed to let kids into their cabin.

They have only missed curfew ONCE and it was by 5 MINUTES. They were speed walking down the hall with a panic look on their faces as DH & I were standing in the hallway looking at out watches.

Missed curfew = being at a parent's side for the next 24 HOURS STRAIGHT!!!

Archived