Price of drink

thecumbrian

What are the prices for drink like on the QM2 compared to UK pub prices?

Beers and wine are my tipple.

Not a lot of difference in my humble opinion, after Cunard have added their 15%, and it depends on how long your voyage is and of course what you consume.

Also bear in mind that all 'drinks' will be added to your on board account, so it is very easy to get carried away!

Best

Judy (Hic)

Here are several links to some of Cunard's drinks prices found on ask.cunard.com:

Bar List:

Wine List:

The Deck Bars:

"Please note, all prices are subject to change without notice."

Regards,

John.

I have just finished tip-toeing thru the Cunard site. Click on "ships", click on "bars and lounges" for the ship you are sailing on, I looked at the QM2, and there are menus, with prices for some of the bars and lounges.

Most were surprisingly reasonable.

Here are several links to some of Cunard's drinks prices found on ask.cunard.com:

Bar List:

Wine List:

The Deck Bars:

"Please note, all prices are subject to change without notice."

Regards,

John.

WOW!! Thanks to living in New York City and being used to what things cost here, I almost fell off my chair when I saw that drink prices were so low on Cunard! Or are these prices in British Pound? That would make more sense. But hey, I hope the prices are this low. Having a drink that costs under $12 for the cheap stuff is unheard of in NYC, so I'll feel spoiled on the QM2!!

I rarely drink, very rarely... But some of those Long Cocktails sound rather tempting... I may have to give a couple a whirl when I eventually set foot on a ship!

WOW!! Thanks to living in New York City and being used to what things cost here, I almost fell off my chair when I saw that drink prices were so low on Cunard! Or are these prices in British Pound? That would make more sense. But hey, I hope the prices are this low. Having a drink that costs under $12 for the cheap stuff is unheard of in NYC, so I'll feel spoiled on the QM2!!

The prices are quite reasonable and the published dollar cost only has a 15% service charge added. The measures are not as generous as you will be used to in NYC but they are quite generous enough.

I always consider the prices to be similar to UK "City Centre" bar drinks.

Not at all outrageous.

Stewart

I've always found the bar prices quite reasonable ( say £3.80 for a pint of lager ). I often see postings on other, more UK based, forums, where people are up in arms about the prices.

I think that's because those people have not visited a city centre bar for the last 25 years !!

The 2010 QM2 September and the 2011 QM2 January sub-albums of pb82's homepage (click on pb82 by the avatar then click on the link) have lots of drink lists, bar lists, and wine lists from those QM2 cruises. Santé!

I may have to give a couple a whirl when I eventually set foot on a ship!

T5LHR i dont know how you coping with the wait of 492 days im struggling waiting for 182 to pass i try not to log on i find my self looking longingly on the Cunard site at QM2 wishing the time away :rolleyes:

I always consider the prices to be similar to UK "City Centre" bar drinks.

Not at all outrageous.

Stewart

But are the measures bigger than the normal UK ones, that just about wet the bottom of the glass?

Archived