Wife Burns Easy; Is The Glass in Oasis Solarium UV Protected

Fellow CC'ers,

Random question I know and I searched but couldn't find it. Is the glass in the Solarium on Oasis of the Seas UV Protected? My wife burns VERY easily so we wnated to know.

Thanks a bunch.

I'm also sun sensitive and have not seen anywhere that solarium glass is uv protected. I would imagine it's not given the cost. But I have also enjoyed the various solariums and never burned. Depending on the ships direction, there are always shady spots ( and you'll have better luck with finding a lounger there too). I do use my sunscreen daily anyway, but have never felt overexposed to the sun there the way I might by the pool or in port.

I wouldn't count on it and while the glass may screen out UVA rays, it may not do the same for UVB rays. If your wife, like many of us, is sensitive to the sun she should be certain to wear a sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher. Better safe than sorry and skin cancer is definitely something to be avoided.

Archived