Browser incompatibility with specialty restaurant reservations

I'm at less than 90 days to our cruise now and excited that specialty dining reservations have opened up. But I was unable to get past the screen where I select the number of diners, date, and time. Hit "go," and it would just refresh the screen. No error message, but nothing happened.

I usually use Firefox. I tried in Internet Explorer and was successful.

So, for whatever it's worth, the RCI website seems to have compatibility issues with at least the Firefox browser, and maybe others, that are not present with IE. If you're stuck, try an alternate browser.

RCCL is aware of problems with booking completion for specialty restaurants. We experienced the same problems and C&A rep told me that they wee getting a lot of calls concerning this problem.

Just call RCCL to make your reservations by phone. They will take care of your reservations.

I have been booking shows and things the last few days and I was using firefox and thought.. this is nuts?? Id hit go and nothing would happen. I too was on firefox and it never occured to me that was the problem.

And for each show I finally wound up closing the browser and then reopening a new one to book each one .. one by one. (Im booking for Oasis).

I was having the same problem using Firefox and RCL website! :( Sometimes, I can't even access our reservation. I'm not a fan of Internet Explorer but it seems to be the only browser that lets me make modifications to our RCL reservation !

Yep ... It's Firefox

It has been discussed numerous times on here. Firefox is my browser of choice, but if I need to do anything of importance on the RCI website I know to use IE.

It is weird because you are able to view a lot of things on the site using Firefox ... so you think it must be ok - but it isn't really.

I tried viewing a pic of my stateroom category a couple hundred times. It kept saying I needed a plugin (which I downloaded over and over) it took me a day before I decided to try a different browser :rolleyes:

I'm having similar problems with MTD reservations. The system takes me all the way through the process, and then comes back with a "sorry, we can't process reservations at this time" message. I've tried IE8, IE9, Google Chrome with no luck. UGHHHH:(

Id hit go and nothing would happen.

When I run into issue like this before giving up I usually try holding down the Shift key when clicking on "Go" or "enter" or whatever. Very often will bring up next screen in a new window whereas it could not do so in the existing window, Does not always work but often enough to be worth trying.

We use Firefox too and it never occurred to me that the browser was the problem. I called to make my reservations for dinner and told the person on the phone and they didn't know what the problem was either. Thanks for posting. I just tried it using IE and it worked fine! :eek:

Archived