Doing away with daily news sheet??

Joecors

Have read that Celebrity intends to no longer produce daily news sheets allowing passengers instead to download newspapers on to an iPad. Charge for this to be $10 per cruise to use the service.

Where exactly have you read this?

I was just on Equinox and the daily newspaper was on the TV. I can't remember which channel but we read it on the days that the printed newspaper either didn't come out or there were no copies left. It might have just been the US news.

I was just on Equinox and the daily newspaper was on the TV. I can't remember which channel but we read it on the days that the printed newspaper either didn't come out or there were no copies left. It might have just been the US news.

Jogs my memory now. Yup, on Solstice they also had a "news" icon or section as part of the interactive TV menu. IIRC it offered US news, world news, business, sports, not sure what else. Similar in length/content to what the printed daily news sheet carries.

In the computer room, there are printed copies of the news from major papers. The ship prints copies and leaves them there. They print a lot less than if they printed one for each cabin. Saves money. Since many people don't care about the news, it may be good way to conserve paper. Go green.

As the old saying goes " no news is good news!" besides using all that paper is such a waste of natural resources and how many of you still buy a daily newspaper at home. Nowadays most people get their news from the internet or TV.

Yes, I too like the daily newspaper on the ship, but I certainly can live without it and besides I didn't go on a cruise to read the news.

Archived