Anyone ever get rained out?

jrdbrn

We are looking at the weather for our cruise Monday and Cozumel is looking like it will definitely rain as well as Progresso. Looking at 50%+ for both days.

I've been on 4 cruises and never had rain a single day. What goes on when it rains? Do people even get off the boat?

It rained our 90% of our day in Coz on our Freedom trip in June. We had prepaid for Nachi so we just sucked it up and headed out! It was overcast but not lightening or we would have stayed on the boat and lost the money.

We had cover on the beach and did get maybe and hour total of sun all day but we enjoyed the breeze and ammenities. It was still a great day.

I suppose it depends on what you plan to do on the shore!

11 cruises and no rain. We had quite a run, then on our last cruise it rained out 2 ports and most of the last 4 days. It was still one of our best cruises. Go and have a great time no matter what! :D

We did a B2B last October, a 6 day followed by an 8 day, both Caribbean.

We had rain on 2 out of the 6 days on the first cruise.....one port day was Grand Cayman where the water was so rough, we couldn't tender on the same side of the island that they normally do. The other rainy day was a "Sea Day". We still enjoyed ourselves, but I was pretty glad that it was rainless on the 8 day cruise that followed ! Either way, a rainy day in the Caribbean is better than a sunny day at home when you're stuck in an office !

It rained on our Cozumel day this past January. We paid to visit Paradise Island, and by golly we were not going to waste our money and sit on the boat. We swam in the rain, and ate our lunch under a shelter. It wasn't perfect, but beat any cold wintery Minnesota day! = )

it rained for most of the day in Roatan, and of course we had a beach exc....we went anyway...it was overcast or rainy all day, but never cold....no lightning...it became my new favorite port....GREAT TIME WAS HAD BY ALL! ;)

Just looked at the 10 day forcast for Coz...Looks normal to me saying scattered t-storms.....Been there when this has happened and it is like living here in Fla. Half an hour of rain and then sunshine....

Good luck, with the TS in that area there is no telling where you are going to go, but I would not count on making all your ports. If it rains just get wet. Take a rain jacket, wear shorts and have a good time.

We are looking at the weather for our cruise Monday and Cozumel is looking like it will definitely rain as well as Progresso. Looking at 50%+ for both days.

I've been on 4 cruises and never had rain a single day. What goes on when it rains? Do people even get off the boat?

first off, those caribbean forecasts always include rain. i guess because a cloud is prone to spit down at any time. they are hit or miss, and for us, they were mostly miss.

unfortunately, our last trip to the caribbean gave us rain at all three ports. never even bothered getting off the ship at our first stop, and braved the rain in our other two.

it was very depressing, even have poor memories of the cruise, but we did dodge the stuff on all our sea days.

i see arlene has officially formed in the area, so good luck with that. looks like it may stay west of you.

The only place that I've gotten a mostly rainy day was Grand Cayman, which I guess is common but even then we had a good hour or two of sun. All other times they've been passing showers just like we commonly have in FL.

Most of the time 'rain' in the tropics just means a short downpour and then the sun comes back out. We did have a day in Roatan on NCL that it rained pretty much all day, most excusions were canceled and people spend most of the day inside the ship. It was a warm rain, I layed out on the Lido and had the whole place to myself!

We've gotten rained on two of our three trips to Cozumel, nothing horrible just a shower and then they're gone in thirty minutes.

Our Legend cruise, several years ago, we had rain three out of four port days. We went and enjoyed the ports in the rain. That visit to Roatan was before the beach/port area was completed. It was raining hard but everyone still trooped off the ship to shop and explore. The street that led away from the pier had about 2 or 3 inches of water running through it. In Grand Cayman we had to tender on the opposite side of the island then we took a bus to the pier area - because of the rough waters.

Only once in 3 cruises. It rained all day last year while we were in Cozumel. I didn't have an excursion planned and this was my 3rd time there so we just walked around for a few hours and headed back to the ship.

have gotten caught in downtown cozumel during a rain shower,waited it out and WADED the street to continue shopping and get back to taxis (water shoes are great for shopping!)...rain can happend any time (everyd ay, disney world at 3:00), so we just play it by ear...beats the unseasonal cold we ran into a few cruises ago...so cold that i bought a sweatshirt before leaving miami and lived in one pair of long pants the entire cruise!

A friend of mine was just on the Imagination and in Cozumel just over a week ago. It was 60% of rain on the day he was there. They had great weather all day and all four days of their cruise. But it was saying rain for both stops on the weather sites. When my wife and I have been to islands and if it has rained at all. It was just a lite rain for a few minutes and then it dried right up. Just have a great cruise.

It's hurricane season, and a tropical storm has formed in the western Caribbean. Go prepared.

We exereinced rain during our cruise last October. It was the night of a sea day. Dancing on the deck got cut short by the torrential downpour.

Unfotunately, the heavy rain made our river tubing excursion too dangerous and it was cancelled.

I have to agree with previous posters...a rainy day in the Caribbean beats a nice day at work anytime. Saavy?!:cool:

Our last cruise showed 90% chance of rain for three days,(the day before we left). It rained during the muster drill and we never saw another drop.

As others have stated, "a rainy day in the Caribbean beats a nice day at work anytime" we went that mindset just looking to enjoy our vacation.

We were just in Cozumel June 11 (Destiny) and it was calling for 60% chance of rain. As we were pulling into port, it was storming towards the south end of the island. I mean it was dark and scary looking! Soon the rain reached the boat and it was a steady drizzle. I was bummed, but we (and it seemed like everyone else) got off the boat anyway. We hopped in a taxi, hoped for the best, and headed towards Mr Sancho's beach. It rained and continued to be dark for most of the short taxi ride, but cleared up just as we approached Mr Sancho's. The sun came out and there wasn't another drop of rain the rest of the day! It was beautiful.

Like others have said, don't expect the rain to hang around for long. Short storms are the norm down there.

Archived