Favorite Martini?

BurBunny

If you like green apple martinis, you might like to try a recipe I created for my wife. She swears it's better than any she's ever had in a martini bar or restaurant and I have to admit she's tried about all of them.... sigh. It's one jigger of apple-infused vodka (she prefers Van Gogh, but any quality vodka will do just fine), one part of apple schnappes, and one part of Midori melon liqueur. The Midori makes the martini more mellow and has what my wife describes as the perfect sweet-sour combination. Personally, I prefer the classic gin martini with either a twist of lemon or olives stuffed with bleu cheese. When we were on the Summit this last Thanksgiving, the martini tasting was only $5.00, although the martini prices had risen to $7.95. They also had a 7" high stainless steel shaker which said "Celebrity X Cruises" on it. The cost for this was something like $7.00 if you also ordered a martini and $12.00 if you bought it without ordering a drink. I bought one to add to my martini glass and shaker collections.

Allen

U.S.S. Mitchell.. "cruise" to Korea 1960

U.S.S. Mann.."cruise" back to San Francisco 1962

NCL Southward..E. Caribbean 1986

Majesty of the Seas..W. Caribbean 1994

Sovereign of the Seas..British Isles, Paris, Amsterdam 1996

Legend of the Seas..Mediterranean 2001

SeaDreamI..Spain, Gibraltar Canaries 2001

Nordic Empress..W. Caribbean Belize 2002

Summit..(best ship ever!) S. Caribbean 2003

Constellation...Scandinavia and Baltics 7-31-04

Hi...yes, you can get the martinis at any of the bars. But, if you order one at one of the outside bars...(pool) it won't be served in a "Martini Glass". So I would stick to something that tastes good in plastic if you are outdoors. icon_wink.gif

Did that make sense? icon_eek.gif they don't use "GLASS" at the pool.

Next up...HORIZON Sept 18th to Bermuda!

See My Century and Mercury Pictures at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/lovescruising

I like the fruity type of martini's once in a while but are too sweet for me to go the long haulicon_smile.gif

My favorite:

Chopin or Grey Goose vodka, shaken, very very very cold (till your hand freezes to the shaker) straight up with 3 olives served in a big martini glass which has been pre chilled. The perfect way to start an evening - 2 of these and you are good to go! The beauty of this is you can switch to wine (red or white) or champagne or anything else and not get sick (or a hangover the next day) icon_smile.gif

Is it 5:00 yet????

My favs are:

Limon'

Delight

French

Century

After Dinner

Chocolate Cream (Be careful, if you are getting a drink that looks like it has cream in it you are drinking a chocolate cream which is not on the printed menu but is made at all X Martini Bars. Madelyn told me people weren't crazy about the Chocolate Kiss that's on the menu so they came up with the Cream)

Creame Brulee

Can't wait to get back! They just aren't the same without the ocean out the window and the breadsticks!!!

Until the Zenith! Second X Cruise In Two Months!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;4;11;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TaznBugs:

IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE!!!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup, right here. icon_biggrin.gif

Celebrity Century 5/8/04 -Western Caribbean

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;5;8;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Carnival Ecstasy 2/04 - Baja

Tahitian Princess 2/03- French Polynesia

Sea Princess 7/02 - Alaska

Carnival Ecstasy 5/02 - Baja

Royal Caribbean Monarch 10/00 - Southern Caribbean

Carnival Elation 10/99 - Mexican Riviera

Royal Caribbean Monarch 1/97 - Southern Caribbean

Can't wait to try all of those! I had an apple martini on the Legend last year and it was terrible. Those are usually my favorite, it really depends on who makes it. Chickie & Pete's in Philly makes awesome ones! Just wish I knew what exactly was in them so I can make it myself.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;10;02;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until the Celebrity Century!!!

Carnival Legend 10/2003

Carnival Sensation 11/2002

There are so many variations that it's hard to tell. For example the appletini they make around here has carmel drizzled in the glass prior to making. The apple martini on the X ships is more of a strong drink that I personally did not care for. But there are still LOTS of great ones to try on the ship! That's why I loved the tasting! There were two on the 4/11 Zenith, $5 each and they had different drinks at each. On the 3/1 Horizon (same number of nights) they only did one and it was $10. Go figure!

BTW, did anyone notice that some things were cheaper on the Zenith? Having just come off the Horizon 30 days prior, I was aware that several things on the Zenith were a few dollars cheaper than they were on the Horizon, Wonder why? And is this true on other X ships?

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;4;11;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Did you ever notice that the 'best martini bartender' is always the one we just had? Could it be something about when we see them they are always bringing us those yummy drinks? LOL! I'll bet those bartenders make the best extra tips of all the bartenders on board. I know I always give them an extra $20. And try to bring them home with me!

How about a Jalapini with thin jalapeno slices? If you like a Gibson, you might like this.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;7;8;15;0;00&timezone=GMT+0100[/img]
The World Ship - Europe July 2004

How about a classic dry martini made with Bombay Sapphire Gin. Mmmmm, my favorite. An aquired taste but once you aquire that taste there is no going back! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Century 05/03
RCCL Explorer 5/23/04
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;5;23;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Caribbean Princess 10/23/2004
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;10;23;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

oooooo la la The French of course!!!! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Sue

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;09;05;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]
Serenade of the Seas Hubbard Glacier Cruise

Eileen, you go girl!!! Watermelon is right. I am in love with their watermelon martinis. I need one right now!!! AHHHHHHHH.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;8;14;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
Until Celebrity Zenith - NYC to Bermuda

Big Red Boat II – New York to Canada/New England, August 2000
Regal Empress – New York to Canada/New England, August 2001
Millennium – 10 Night Southern Caribbean, August 2002
Millennium – 13 Night Mediterranean, August 2003
Infinity – 7 Night Eastern Caribbean, April 2004
Zenith - 7 Night NYC to Bermuda, August 2004

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> How about a classic dry martini made with Bombay Sapphire Gin. Mmmmm, my favorite. An aquired taste but once you aquire that taste there is no going back!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unless, inexplicably, in your thirties, you develop an alergy to juniper berries. I thought my life was over...Tanqueray stock plummetted. But then I gave vitamin V another try. Ten years later, and I'm still a happy camper. I like a Grey Goose, up, dry, with two olives and one cocktail onion. Makes it sort of a savory buffet at the edge of your glass. Will definitely try the blue cheese stuffed olives, though. Hope they have them on Constellation.(no "the" if that stilll matters.)

Blazer Boy

I really hope they haven't removed the Magic Martini from the revamped menu. Vodka, Frangelico, scotch and vermouth with several olives. Very tasty. I'll also throw in a vote for Sudi as best bartender. Very entertaining.

Skyward 1979
Horizon 1991
Mercury 1998
Sensation 1999
Summit 2001
Millenium 2002
Summit 2003
Voyager of the Seas 2003

Hope they haven't removed the magic martini from the revised menu. vodka, frangelico, scotch and vermouth. very good. I vote for Sudi as the top mixologist. He puts on quite a show.

Oops, double posted, guess the boards are goofy again.

Skyward 1979
Horizon 1991
Mercury 1998
Sensation 1999
Summit 2001
Millenium 2002
Summit 2003
Voyager of the Seas 2003

Grey Goose with a twist straight up.... I'm a purist.

Jacqueline
Constellation 3/20/04
HAL Westerdam 7/30/04
Tahitian Princess August 2003
Grand Princess Western Caribbean 2003
Brilliance of the Seas Baltic 2002
Ocean Princess- Alaska 2001
Celebrity Zenith- Bermuda 2001
Grand Princess Med 2000

Archived